Trucks are a common sight on almost any interstate or highway in the United States. They are so common that many people, including some of the people driving them, forget just how different they are from a car.
Trucks require more stopping time and space to prevent accidents with other drivers. If you or a loved one has experienced a truck accident, a Springfield accident lawyer can help your case.
Trucking in the United States
Trucks carry around most of the freight in the country. Food, electronics, building supplies, etc., are in transit every day, and driving a massive truck is not an easy job. Accidents happen all the time.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Springfield, call 800-333-9999
The Main Causes of Truck Accidents
Every truck driver has been trained in operating and maintaining their rigs. However, even the best drivers can have accidents. Let’s look at some of the reasons why a truck accident occurs.
- Poor vehicle maintenance can cause an accident to occur. To be as safe as possible, a truck must be properly maintained. At times speed is prioritized over timely repairs. Unfortunately, worn brakes or bare tires can cause disastrous accidents.
- Speeding or reckless driving can occur if truckers are working tight schedules. Some drivers might be tempted to take risks to save time.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can likely cause an accident.
- Distracted driving can be hazardous for drivers. Although truck driving might seem easy, it is often challenging for drivers to stay focused. Drivers can sometimes get distracted, and their concentration can drift.
- Tired drivers can cause an accident. Strict legislation governs how long a driver can spend at the wheel, but no law can cover the quality of a driver’s rest time. Drivers can get tired and become less capable of reacting quickly.
- Drivers may fail to adapt to conditions. Weather and road conditions can change very quickly. Drivers may, for example, push ahead at a constant speed when they should slow down.
Trucks are hefty. Even an empty trailer can weigh more than ten thousand pounds. If it is involved in an accident, the consequences can be catastrophic.
Springfield Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What to Do After a Truck Accident
After being in an accident, the priority should always be to check that you are alright. Then if you are able:
- Call 911. The police can prepare an accident report, and you can ask them for a copy.
- If there are witnesses, get their contact details.
- Take photos and videos of all aspects of the accident scene. If you don’t feel able to do this, ask a bystander to do it.
- Ask the truck driver for his documentation.
- Write down what happened while your memory is fresh. Include details such as weather conditions, the state of the road, etc.
- Check to see if the site is covered by traffic or security cameras.
Can I Represent Myself?
The legal system is complicated, and you may find it challenging to navigate on your own. The people opposing your case could be highly experienced negotiators who have one aim, which could be to reduce your compensation as much as possible. Think of it as being an averagely athletic person and playing a professional athlete in their chosen sport.
After an accident, you may need time to recover physically and mentally. The stress of representing yourself can make the recovery process slower and more complex.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Can I Claim for?
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you can claim damages for:
- Medical expenses include current and future costs incurred because of your accidents, including future physiotherapy.
- Loss of income may result from not being able to work for a while. You can claim the money that you haven’t been able to earn.
- Loss of potential earnings might reduce your future earnings potential if you have suffered an injury. You can claim compensation for this lost opportunity.
- Pain and suffering can be hard to put a figure on, but it’s something that a court or insurance company can consider.
- Mental anguish includes people suffering from conditions such as post-traumatic stress syndrome after an accident. Again, compensation for this is hard to quantify, but you should be compensated.
What does It Cost?
The cost of hiring an attorney might be a deterrent, but it doesn’t need to be. We work on a contingency basis. We don’t get paid if you don’t get paid. Attorneys, such as Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, get behind their cases and maximize your compensation.
Having professional representation can take a weight off your shoulders, leaving you free to concentrate on getting back to normal.
What Our Attorneys Can Do
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers have recovered $1 billion for our clients. Our attorneys work with your best interest in mind. Our team of dedicated attorneys have over 400 years of combined experience.
If you decide that you want Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to represent you, we can go over your case and help you recover the compensation amount you deserve. We can thoroughly investigate your accident, talk to any witnesses, and prepare a winning strategy. Call us today for a free consultation.