Motorcycle accidents can cause severe, life-threatening injuries. You may be facing months or years of recovery, and medical bills can accrue quickly. Our South Bend motorcycle accident lawyers can file your claim or lawsuit and fight for fair compensation.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more. We work for contingency fees, so you don’t have to pay any upfront fees for our services.
Our Lawyers Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Motorcycle Accident Victims
We work hard to help our clients recover the settlements that can help them cope with their injuries.
Take a look at some of our motorcycle accident case results:
- $1.5 Million: A fatal accident involving a semi-truck left a family devastated.
- $1.025 Million: A semi-truck driver pulling out of a grocery store parking lot failed to see a motorcyclist. The victim lost a leg, suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), and fractured their collarbone.
- $1.475 Million: Corrugated piping flew off a commercial vehicle and struck a motorcyclist. He suffered permanent shoulder injuries.
Our legal team has over 400 years of combined experience. We want to put it to use for you and your family now.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving South Bend, call 800-333-9999
Our Former Clients Make the Case for Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Between our case results and client testimonials, it becomes clear why motorcycle accident victims turn to Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for help. Our clients praise our compassion and work ethic:
“John came to our house and went over the legal part of it thoroughly, quickly, but he always made it more about us. I would recommend them to anybody because they’re going to make sure that you’re protected. It just always felt like we were dealing with family instead of a legal process.” – Tammy S.
“Isaacs & Isaacs went above and beyond to help!” – JoAnn S.
Our mission isn’t simply to win cases. We want to win your case whileproviding top client service. Our team will be there to respond to your phone calls, emails, and other inquiries. When you interact with our team, you can expect:
- Honest answers to your questions
- Compassion for your struggles
- Responses to your concerns
We handle our clients’ cases with urgency, but we never rush. Our team will pursue the best possible recovery for you. In addition, we don’t rule out any options to get such a recovery.
South Bend Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Potential Compensation for an Indiana Motorcycle Accident
You can pursue awards for a variety of losses after a motorcycle accident. Your damages may include:
- Immediate medical expenses, such as hospitalizations, surgeries, medication, doctor’s visits, in-home aid, rehabilitative therapy, and home modifications
- Lost wages if you took time off work to recover
- Missed bonuses, benefits, paid sick leave, and vacation time
- Reduced earning capacity if you can’t go back to work or earn your pre-injury income
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life if you suffer permanent impairment
We can determine how much you stand to recover.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one, you could file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. You deserve to grieve in peace and honor the memory of your loved one. We can handle the legal case.
We can pursue awards for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering before their passing
- Loss of inheritance for your loved one’s income
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Loss of consortium for your loved one’s companionship
- Your lost wages if you took time off work after a loved one’s passing
A settlement or verdict may help your family move forward as you cope with your immense loss.
How Our Legal Team Can Help with Your Indiana Case
When we take on your case, we will give it the personalized attention it deserves. We can determine the best approach for seeking compensation.
- Investigate your accident
- Consult experts, such as accident reconstructionists
- Review your medical documentation
- Counter an insurer’s determination of fault
- Calculate your damages
- Handle all case-related paperwork
- Negotiate a settlement
- Argue your case at trial
- Keep you updated on your case’s progress
We also have Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Is Liable for Your Motorcycle Accident?
We will answer questions regarding liability as we handle your case. Depending on the circumstances of your motorcycle accident in South Bend, liable parties may include:
- A motorist: Car, SUV, and truck drivers pose perhaps the most significant risk to motorcyclists. As the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) explains, motorists cause about 94% of accidents. You could hold a motorist who sped, drove while intoxicated, or did anything that led to your accident responsible.
- A motorist’s employer: If a motorist causes a motorcycle accident while they’re on the job, you might be able to hold their employer liable for the collision.
- A governmental body: If road conditions within a local, state, or federal government agency’s control contributed to an accident, liability could fall upon the specific jurisdiction.
- A motorcycle or motor vehicle manufacturer: Any manufacturer that produces an unsafe product—including motorcycles and motor vehicles—may be liable when their product causes harm.
We generally use the negligence standard to determine liability. So, as we investigate your motorcycle accident, we’ll learn:
- Whether any party owed you a duty of care: This obligation requires individuals and institutions to act reasonably and is the first element in proving negligence.
- Whether any party violated their duty of care: If a party fails to uphold their duty of care, they might be guilty of negligence. For example, a truck driver who failed to yield the right of way to you would have violated their duty to drive safely and care for others’ wellbeing.
- Whether the breach of duty of care caused your accident: It is critical to show that the breach of duty of care directly resulted in your losses. Using the same example, the truck driver’s failure to yield the right of way might have led to them crashing into your motorcycle.
If we determine that these three conditions exist, we’ll work to show you’re the victim of someone’s negligence. At that point, we’ll pursue coverage of your losses from the liable parties.
You Can Afford to Hire a Lawyer from Our Firm
We understand your injuries may already have caused medical bills, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses. We don’t want to add to this stress.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can handle your case on a contingency-fee-basis. We don’t charge upfront fees or costs, and you will owe us nothing unless we win or settle your case.
Protecting Your Right to Compensation in Indiana
You can take action to protect your right to compensation. You may do so by taking these steps.
Seeking Medical Attention Immediately
After a motorcycle accident, never assume your injuries are minor. Even if you went to the emergency room immediately after the accident, follow up with your primary care physician and any specialists they recommend.
Medical documentation is crucial for your case. As you recover, your doctors can provide the evidence to link your injuries to your accident and estimate the cost of your future care. We can review this information to ensure it is accurate and up to date before we submit your claim or lawsuit.
Make sure to follow through with any prescribed treatment plan, as well. Do not give insurers a chance to undervalue or deny your claim. Failure to follow through with your doctor’s orders may give them fodder to argue you worsened your injuries.
Acting Quickly to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
IC § 34-11-2-4 generally gives you two years from the date of a motorcycle accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Keep in mind that it takes time to build a case and negotiate a settlement with insurers.
We can start working on your case immediately to help you abide by this deadline. If you miss it, you could lose your chance to pursue compensation from the at-fault party. The sooner you start, the better we can protect your rights.
Be Careful When Talking to Insurers
An insurance adjuster will likely contact you shortly after your accident. Be careful of what you say, as they will try to undervalue or deny your claim. You are not required to give insurance adjusters a statement. Instead, you might want to talk with an attorney prior to speaking with them.
Do not make any assumption or statement about who bears fault for the accident. Stick to the facts, and our lawyers can handle the rest.
Our Indiana Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Are Here for You and Your Family
After a motorcycle accident, you deserve to tend to your injuries and spend time with your loved ones. If you lost a loved one, you deserve to honor their memory in peace. Our in-house litigation team can handle your claim, personal injury lawsuit, or wrongful death lawsuit.
We can fight for fair compensation, so you are not left footing the bill for someone else’s carelessness. Call us today to learn more.