At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent people who’ve suffered catastrophic injuries and help them seek justice. The aftermath can be devastating if you’ve been involved in an accident that resulted in a serious, life-altering injury. The medical bills begin to pile up, the pain never seems to disappear, and your life is forever changed.
Our Shively catastrophic injury lawyers could explain your rights and legal options. Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs and his team are ready to hear from you today.
How Our Lawyers Can Help You
Our firm can get the compensation you deserve for your injuries by:
- Evaluating your case and offering guidance
- Collecting evidence from witnesses and police reports
- Handling all case-related communications
- Assessing your losses and calculating their values
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- Representing you in court if necessary
We’re prepared to do everything possible to complete your case.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Shively, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages Following Your Accident in Shively
Compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- Medical expenses: These are the costs related to your treatment, including surgery, rehabilitation, and ongoing therapy sessions for a catastrophic injury.
- Lost wages: Lost income often covers time lost when seeking treatment, recovering, and pursuing a claim. It also covers lost benefits, bonuses, and tips.
- Pain and suffering: This refers to the physical pain and emotional distress caused by the accident. We calculate this expense based on numerous aspects of your situation.
- Loss of consortium: If your injuries negatively affected your spousal relationship, you can seek recovery for loss of consortium.
- Loss of life enjoyment: When you suffer an injury due to someone else’s negligence and cannot enjoy life as you once did, you could recover compensation for the injury’s effect on your life.
Your compensable losses ultimately depend on your situation. As such, you may seek other damages than those listed here.
Shively Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Contingency Fees: You Pay Us After Your Case Resolves
When you’ve been the victim of a catastrophic accident, the last thing you want is to pay a Shively catastrophic injury attorney’s fees out of pocket. We understand this concern, and we want to alleviate it in any way we can.
When you hire a catastrophic injury lawyer in Shively, our top priority is getting you the best possible outcome. As such, we handle personal injury and wrongful death claims on a contingency-fee-basis. This means:
- We don’t charge upfront fees or costs.
- Compensation for our help comes from the compensation we get for you.
- We don’t charge retainers or hourly fees.
You can learn more about this arrangement when you connect with our injury team. We can discuss contingency-fee-based representation, as well as other benefits of working with us.
Kentucky Imposes a Statute of Limitations on All Civil Lawsuits
In Kentucky, your case’s filing period depends on the cause of your condition. Consider the following:
- If you suffered harm in a collision, you generally have two years to file your case with the civil court system, per Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230.
- If you suffered harm in another situation, such as a slip and fall, you could have a year to file your lawsuit, per Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.140(1). You also have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a late loved one.
You don’t have to worry about these deadlines when our team represents you. All you have to worry about is getting better. We’ll manage your case’s deadlines and everything else they entail.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Possible Causes of Your Catastrophic Injury in Shively
Catastrophic injuries can occur in many situations. We advocate for people who have suffered grievous harm in:
- Car accidents: The Commonwealth of Kentucky requires all motorists to carry liability insurance. We could seek recovery from the at-fault driver’s insurance provider, or we can file a civil lawsuit.
- Slips and falls: These accidents can occur on unsafe properties. For example, if there’s a patch of ice at the entrance of a store or restaurant, it could cause an accident if management fails to remove it.
- Medical malpractice:If your doctor makes an error while treating you, they can be held financially responsible. Other liable parties in your case could include a healthcare facility or hospital administration.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect. Seniors in nursing homes require the utmost care, which means having constant supervision, mobility devices, and other assistive resources. Not having any of these could result in a life-altering condition.
What to Do After Suffering a Catastrophic Injury in Shively
After sustaining a catastrophic injury in an accident, you may have concerns about your next steps. We suggest that you:
- Seek immediate medical attention.After you seek medical attention, ensure you document your injuries and treatments. This includes keeping copies of your treatment plan, diagnostic paperwork, and imaging scans.
- Contact your insurance company. It’s prudent to inform your insurance company of the accident and give it the details of what transpired. However, we recommend consulting your lawyer first, as they take care of all insurance-related matters and protect your case’s outcome.
- Don’t accept fault for the accident. Even if you contributed to the accident, you shouldn’t say anything regarding fault. Doing so could complicate negotiations or compel the insurer to deny your claim.
- Consider the importance of legal help. To promote your chances of financial recovery, let a catastrophic injury attorney in Shively handle it. Our team will do everything possible to advance your case and seek a just outcome.
During your free case review, you can learn about more post-accident measures that could bolster your claim or lawsuit.
Let Us Handle Your Catastrophic Injury Case in Shively, KY
Since catastrophic injuries have severe consequences, we recommend seeking legal help immediately if you’re in this predicament. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we have more than 400 years of combined legal experience, and we have successfully recovered more than $1 billion in settlements.
We’re ready to handle your case without charging any upfront fees and costs; we only get paid after winning. Contact our lawyers today for a free case evaluation.