If you were injured in a truck accident in Seymour, Indiana, you may be compensated for your injuries and other damages. Our Seymour truck accident lawyer can fight for you while you devote your time and energy to recovering.
You deserve to be treated with respect and compassion while recuperating from your injuries. If you cannot come to our office, we can come to you. We are happy to go the extra mile for our valued clients.
The Settlement Amount for a Seymour Truck Accident
There is no typical settlement amount for a truck accident claim because each case is different. One person might have scrapes and bruises, while another person in the same collision may have a traumatic brain injury (TBI). We will have to speak with you and gather more information about the accident and your injuries before exploring your settlement range.
Although there is no common settlement amount in these cases, it could help to know some of the usual damages that truck accident victims are compensated for:
- Lost wages. People often miss out on paychecks when they are in the hospital or at home recuperating from injuries. If you have not received your normal wages, salary, or other types of regular income, you have a financial loss we can fight to recover.
- Diminished future income. People with ongoing impairments from truck accident injuries might not be able to make as much money as they did before the collision. They might have to decrease their working hours or take lower-paying positions because of their limitations.
- Medical expenses. This category could include things like the ambulance, emergency room or trauma center, doctors, hospital, diagnostic procedures, surgery, physical therapy, and pain management.
- Long-term care services. Trucks accidents can cause devastating, life-changing injuries. A victim might need daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care because of their impairments.
- Pain and suffering. Getting hurt in a truck accident can be inconvenient and involve physical discomfort and emotional distress. You can be compensated for the negative effects an accident has on your wellbeing.
- Other intangible damages. Some people develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after a truck collision. Other types of intangible damages can include disfigurement from extensive scars and loss of enjoyment of life because of impairments.
These are a few examples of some of the more common types of compensation categories people can seek after getting injured in a truck accident. The damages you could pursue will depend on the facts of your situation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Seymour, call 800-333-9999
Three Things the Insurance Company Won’t Tell You About Your Truck Accident Claim
Insurance companies stay in business and make a profit by paying as little money as possible to accident victims. Here are a few things you might want to know about your truck accident claim that the insurer is unlikely to share with you:
Their Settlement Offer Is Negotiable
Sometimes the claims adjuster will throw out a settlement offer and tell the person that they need to accept it before it expires in 24 hours. If the offer is in good faith, it will still be good the next day, week, and possibly month. The insurance company might be testing you to see how susceptible you are to pressure.
You do not have to take the first offer from the insurance company. In fact, they might be shocked if you do so. The insurer’s first offer will include some room for negotiation. An attorney from our firm can negotiate with an adjuster and handle all communication with the insurance company so you don’t have to.
They Are Not Always on Your Side
The people you deal with at the at-fault driver’s insurance company might be friendly and pleasant, but they do not represent your legal interests. The only way to have someone on your side is to work with our Seymour truck accident lawyer on your injury claim.
They have your best interests in mind and will fight for the outcome you deserve.
They Can Use Your Social Media Postings Against You
Posting on social media is a common activity for many. People may not realize how a post could get used against them in a claim. Regardless of your privacy settings, when you have a pending liability claim, the insurance company can access your social media accounts and go through your photographs and written commentary.
If they find something useful to their defense, they could use it to deny liability or support an argument to pay you less money. For example, a picture of you looking happy with family or friends could get used as evidence that you might not be in as much pain as you claim.
It is always best to stay entirely off social media until your case settles.
Seymour Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Much Our Services Cost
If you suffered injuries because of someone else’s negligence, you can afford to hire our firm for representation. We do not charge upfront fees or costs. We work under a contingency-fee agreement.
In plain language, a contingency fee means that we do not get paid unless we win a settlement or court award for you.
We take a percentage of your winnings; this way, you never pay out of pocket. If we are unsuccessful, you pay us nothing.
How to Hold Someone Accountable for a Truck Accident
We will need to show that the driver or another party was negligent. Possible liable parties in a truck accident include the driver, their employer, the truck manufacturer, a mechanic, and the cargo-loading company.
We will prove through evidence that the liable party’s carelessness is what caused the collision that injured you. There may be more than one liable party in your case.
In that situation, we might be able to go after multiple parties for your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Lawyers Are Ready to Advocate for You in Jackson County, Indiana
Indiana law does not force you to acquire legal representation after a truck accident, but it can benefit you. Our attorneys have more than 400 years of combined legal experience, and they are licensed in Indiana, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Nevada.
We have recovered $1 billion in settlements for our clients in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. Our legal team also includes paralegals and attorneys who speak Spanish. It is easy to get started with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and determine your options. Call 1-800-800-8888 today.