Rideshare apps like Lyft and Uber have gained immense popularity for their affordability and convenience. However, that doesn’t mean that riding in these vehicles frees you from getting hurt in an accident.
If you were injured in such a crash, our Richmond rideshare accident lawyer can offer legal guidance and representation. Learn how Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help in your pursuit of justice and recoverable damages.
Recoverable Damages in a Richmond Rideshare Accident
Car accidents may lead to serious injuries, like organ damage, spinal injuries, burns, broken bones, etc. Our team can work closely with you to get you compensation for the expenses brought on by your injuries.
Some common compensatory damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and benefits
- Physical therapy
- Loss of companionship
- Medical bills
- Medical equipment, such as crutches and walkers
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of future earning capability
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Richmond, call 800-333-9999
Rideshare Companies’ Insurance Policies
The coverage you acquire for your rideshare accident-related damages depends on the driver’s status at the time of the crash. For example, if the driver doesn’t have the app on and they get in a crash, their personal auto insurance may cover the losses.
However, Lyft’s and Uber’s third-party liability insurance covers everyone in an accident, including the driver, passenger, and pedestrians, when the app is on and the driver is waiting for a ride. The liability payment is as follows:
- $50,000 per injured person for bodily injury
- $100,000 per accident for bodily injury
If the crash happens when the vehicle is en route to pick up or drop off passengers, the insurance covers will pay as follows:
- A minimum of $1,000,000 for third-party auto liability
- First-party coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers and personal injury protection (PIP) insurance
Richmond Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Our Richmond Rideshare Accident Lawyer Can Help
After any car accident, enlisting legal help can be beneficial when pursuing a compensatory claim. Since the rideshare company has a team of lawyers on its side, you may want to hire us to protect your interests.
As your legal counsel, we’ll help in the following ways:
- Gather evidence: This task includes collecting medical receipts, police reports, witness statements, and traffic camera footage to prove your case.
- Determine your damages: Your current and future damages determine how much compensation you can seek. Some injuries may not register themselves until later, so you must have a medical provider check you beforehand. We may also liaise with your employer for your pay stubs to prove lost income.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: We can meet and negotiate a settlement with the rideshare company and their insurers on your behalf.
- Represent you in a court trial: When the insurance company offers a lowball settlement and refuses to budge, we can continue advocating for your rights at trial.
Our Attorneys Take Richmond Rideshare Cases on a Contingency Fee-Basis
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his personal injury lawyers handle rideshare accident cases on a contingency fee basis. You don’t have to pay us upfront costs or fees after hiring us. We receive payment for our services after our team settles your case, and you receive compensation. We’ll take a percentage of your award.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Statute of Limitations in Richmond, Kentucky
In Richmond, Kentucky, the statute for limitations for car accidents is generally two years. According to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230, this time frame begins on the accident’s date or your last Personal Injury Protection (PIP) payment.
If a loved one died in a rideshare accident or succumbed to their injuries later, Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.180 usually gives you one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The time frame starts on the date the victim died or the appointment of the personal representative.
Sometimes, there are exceptions to the statute of limitations. In any case, you may want to speak to our Richmond rideshare accident lawyer to learn more about your case and ensure you file before the applicable deadline expires.
Liability After a Rideshare Accident in Richmond
You must prove who’s liable for your injuries before receiving the compensatory damages you’re owed. This entails showing that the defendant owed you a duty of care, they violated this duty, their actions caused an accident, and you suffered injuries.
Although drivers usually cause these accidents, our lawyers may also consider other parties who might have contributed to the accident. This could be a government entity responsible for repairing roads, an auto repair shop that fixed the car, or a vehicle manufacturer who sold a defective automobile.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident in Richmond
You should take several crucial steps to protect your rights when involved in a rideshare accident. We recommend you do the following:
- Contact the police. The law requires you to report to the police when involved in any road accident. The police will come to the scene and draft a report we could use to build your case.
- Move to safety. Get away from the accident scene and ensure you’re in no immediate danger.
- Document the accident as it is. Take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, road conditions, and property damage. We might use these as evidence when pursuing compensation on your behalf.
- Exchange contact information. Collect the contact details of everyone involved in the accident, including addresses, phone numbers, names, insurance details, etc.
- Get medical attention. Have a doctor examine you for injuries and ensure you keep the medical reports as evidence.
- Speak to our Richmond rideshare accident lawyer. Do this as soon as you can so that we can offer legal advice and start the process of filing a lawsuit.
Get Help from Us Today for a Free Rideshare Accident Case Review
After a rideshare accident, get in touch with our firm for a free case review and legal representation. Our rideshare accident lawyers serving Richmond can give honest opinions about your case, investigate the accident, and build a strong case on your behalf. Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today to get started.