The severe injuries from a motorcycle accident can change your life permanently. The medical bills can flood your mailbox before you know it. While nothing can take away what you’ve been through, a substantial settlement can help you on the road to recovery.
If you have experienced a motorcycle accident, a Radcliff motorcycle accident lawyer can represent you through the legal process. All you have to do is reach out to Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. We can secure you the best compensation plan and help you figure out the next steps.
Can I File for Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident?
To be eligible for damage compensation after a motorcycle accident, you have to prove that you aren’t responsible for the accident. Other motorcycle accidents could be due to the recklessness of other road users. Accidents not caused by you could be a result of:
- Bad weather
- Poor road conditions
- Mechanical problems
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Radcliff, call 800-333-9999
What To Do at the Scene of the Accident
We understand that there’s a moment of panic after every accident. We have a legal team that can take you through your case step-by-step. In the unfortunate event of a motorcycle accident, here are some actions we recommend:
Call for Help
In case of a severe injury or a death, you may need to call for an ambulance. Safety should always be the priority. The police should provide an incident report after visiting the scene, which can be used to help with your case..
Document the Details
Write down the vehicle or motorbike registration number that caused the accident. Take insurance information of any drivers involved in the accident. In general, write down all the details from the accident you can remember.
While you’re waiting to meet with your attorney, you can keep evidence right on your phone. Take pictures or videos of the accident scene, the surrounding area, and the conditions. If you’re injured, you can ask a bystander to do this.
Radcliff Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What Are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Awareness should always be the number one road safety practice. Safe drivers pay attention to what and who’s on the road around them. Distracted driving can be a reason for motorcycle accidents, but that’s not always the case. Here are a few other causes of bike crashes.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving
- Unsafe roads or debris on the street
- Not following traffic signs or signals
After an accident, you may want to know and understand your legal options. Accidents happen, but that doesn’t change the fact that you deserve fair compensation.
Can I Sue Someone Personally After a Motorcycle Accident?
To claim damages after a motorcycle accident, you have to prove that another party is responsible for the accident. Here are some examples of parties that could be held liable:
- A Reckless Driver: Another driver can be responsible for the accident if they were negligent—regardless of whether or not the crash was intentional. It could be a truck driver, bus driver, car driver, or another motorcyclist.
- Motorcycle Manufacturer: A defective motorcycle could cause an accident, and if it happens, you could potentially sue the bike’s manufacturer.
- The Local Government: Issues like unsafe roads and nonfunctional traffic lights are the government’s responsibility. If they neglected to care for the road or equipment, they could be held liable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Can a Legal Team Do To Help?
- Our lawyers listen to your side of the story as they assess the situation.
- They can record details of the accident and injuries.
- We can answer any questions regarding the claims and talk you through the claims process.
- An attorney can help you build a case and discuss strategies to help you get the value of your claim.
- We can arrange a medical appointment for you to assess any injuries.
- To establish a compensation plan, our legal team can determine an estimated recovery time, medical expenses, and future medical care.
- We consider the long-term adaptations to your home that the injury causes, i.e., a wheelchair-friendly environment.
- Once our lawyers value the claim, they can negotiate the settlement.
How Long Does It Take To Settle a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
The time it takes to settle depends on the claim. For example, a claim worth at least $25,000, could take six months to settle or even longer depending on the seriousness of the injury. Claims could take several years to settle for more severe damage. No matter how long it takes, our lawyers can negotiate an amount that gives you sufficient funds to get back on your feet.
Damages Awarded After a Motorcycle Accident
Seeking compensation can be a hassle for a motorcyclist. Hire our firm and feel confident in your legal representation. We can talk you through the whole process and ensure that you get the compensation you need. Some of the damages you should be compensated for include:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for medical expenses like transport and treatment bills
- Reimbursement for projected medical expenses in cases of permanent injury
Working With Radcliff Residents
Our lawyers are experienced and well trained to deal with injury claims. We’re always confident in our performance. We have won lawsuits against insurance companies that deny our clients’ claims, holding them accountable for compensating victims.
We work on a contingency-fee policy. So if we don’t win your case or help you get a settlement, you won’t have to pay.
We have the resources to win your case. Our lawyers have trial experience and a proven track record of securing compensation for motorcycle injury victims. Call us today for a free consultation. Don’t wait—it’s time to get your life back.