Seeking the services of a bicycle accident lawyer may seem difficult to attain to many people. However, it’s important to safeguard yourself and your rights after a bicycle accident, especially if another party is at fault. Hiring a bicycle lawyer can improve your chances of fair compensation from the insurer. The process of working with a Radcliff bicycle accident lawyer is simple.
A lawyer can collect evidence and negotiate with the insurance provider for the best settlement while you recuperate from your injuries. Lawyers are adept at proving liability by identifying the party responsible for an accident.
Radcliff Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Cycling is a healthy means of transportation to work, school, and recreational activities. However, using bicycles can be dangerous in the presence of motorists who are preoccupied with their cell phones or other electronic devices sometimes. As a result, cyclists are exposed to severe or catastrophic injuries caused by collisions with motor vehicles.
A Radcliff bicycle accident lawyer can help you investigate your claim, value your claim, negotiate with insurers, and litigate if necessary. With a team of lawyers by your side, you can build a strong case against the insurance company and increase your chances of receiving fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Radcliff, call 800-333-9999
Steps to Take After a Bicycle Accident
Although many victims are traumatized by a bicycle accident, taking vital steps could help protect your claim.
Some steps to take include:
- Calling 911: It’s always advisable to call the police after an accident, even if you think it is not severe. As a precautionary measure, it’s better to notify the police and allow them to decide the seriousness of the accident. The 911 dispatcher can also send an ambulance to the accident scene to administer first aid. Police can also write a report about the accident, used as evidence when filing your injury claim.
- Calling Your Insurer: Cyclists usually lack motor vehicle insurance. Bicycle owners should contact their insurance company after an accident to confirm whether they can start using their homeowners’ insurance to pay for medical care.
- Collecting Evidence: It’s important to gather evidence after your bicycle accident. If your injuries are not severe, take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries. If you have sustained severe injuries that need immediate medical attention, the police can collect evidence on your behalf and interview witnesses.
- Contacting a Lawyer: If you sustained injuries due to another party’s carelessness after the bicycle accident, you’re entitled to file an injury claim to recover damages. You can enlist the services of a lawyer to give you legal advice and help you through your claim process.
Radcliff Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycles usually have designated lanes, and their speed is much slower than motor vehicles. However, there are still many bicycle accidents happening every year.
Many bicycle accidents involve only bicycles and are caused by poor road conditions or loss of balance. Other leading causes of bicycle accidents may include:
- Intoxication: Intoxicated drivers typically get into accidents due to a poor sense of judgment. However, in a bicycle accident, it’s not only the vehicle driver who can be intoxicated. Sometimes the cyclist can also be under the influence of alcohol.
- Road or Sidewalks Defects: Bicycles usually use their bike lanes, sidewalks, or the far side of the road. Sometimes, bicycle accidents are caused by defects like holes on sidewalks or streets, potholes, or uneven lanes.
- Bicycle Malfunction: Cyclists sometimes get into accidents independently, meaning no other party is involved. The accident typically occurs if the bicycle they’re riding is defective. When a bike is faulty, the mechanism may fail or lock up, causing the cyclist to lose control.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted drivers are usually busy on their phones, texting, or eating, instead of concentrating on the road. Bicycles are small, and a distracted driver can easily miss them and cause an accident.
- Poor Weather Conditions: By default, bicycles come without lights. Therefore, a responsible cyclist should always have reflective lights to be visible. Due to invisibility, other motorists can hit a bike during poor weather conditions, like rain, fog, and snow.
After a bicycle accident, there are many types of financial compensation that you may be eligible for through a civil lawsuit, including:
- Medical care expenses
- Loss of wages
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If the bicycle accident was another party’s fault, you have a legal right to file an injury claim to recover damages. You don’t have to suffer further from financial burden, the insurance provider for the at-fault party should pay for the damages incurred.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How To Reduce Cycling Accidents
Most cyclists understand the dangers involved in cycling, but accidents still occur.
Here are a few suggestions on how to stay safe on the road:
- Don’t ride a bicycle without a helmet. Wearing a helmet as you ride your bike significantly reduces the likelihood of severe head injuries, like a brain injury. The helmet absorbs the shock from the crash. Doctors, government agencies, and bicycle advocacy groups recommend wearing helmets when riding a bicycle.
- Don’t wear earphones or ear pods. Listening to music as you ride your bicycle can distract, affecting your awareness of your surroundings. If you must use earphones, leave an ear free. This way, you can hear buses and cars to avoid causing an accident.
- Wear bright clothing. As you ride your bicycle, wearing reflective or bright clothing makes you more visible to other motorists on the road. Avoid wearing dark clothing if you’re riding early in the morning or after dusk. You can also put reflective accessories on the bicycle to make it more visible at night to avoid being hit by other motorists.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review
Our legal team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to help you with every aspect of your bicycle accident case. As you focus on your healing, we can collect evidence, negotiate with the insurer, and safeguard your interests in court.
Our lawyers with over 400 years of collective legal experience can ensure you get the financial compensation you deserve. Contact us today for free case evaluation and legal advice.