Wrongful deaths are the greatest harm a family can experience. You and your family may be able to receive compensation for your loved one’s past medical expenses, lost financial support they provided, burial and funeral expenses, and possibly other damages through a settlement or judgment.
We know your loved one’s loss is irreplaceable, but a financial recovery may be essential for your family to move forward. Our attorneys are familiar with Portage, and they are primed to lead your case today.
Who May File a Wrongful Death Claim in Portage, Indiana?
You may be able to file a wrongful death claim if your loved one died because of the negligent actions of a third party. Though wrongful death can occur for several reasons, the most common include:
- Insufficient or inattentive medical care
- Vehicular accidents
- Workplace hazards, including exposure to dangerous substances or conditions
- Law enforcement misconduct
- Use of defective products
The statute of limitations for a wrongful death claim in Indiana, IC § 34-23-1-1, is two years from the decedent’s death. However, a wrongful death claim must be investigated thoroughly, and physical evidence may deteriorate over time. With that in mind, you may want to seek legal help to protect your family’s future if you want to file a claim.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Portage, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in Wrongful Death Cases That We Will Pursue
To secure a fair recovery for you, we must first understand which losses you’ve suffered. Some types of recoverable damages we see in wrongful death cases include:
- Medical expenses: Whether your loved one passed away because of a car accident, medical error, fall, or other circumstance, they almost certainly incurred some medical expenses. Our team will identify those expenses and seek full coverage.
- Pain and suffering: Losing a loved one is arguably the most painful experience a person can endure. Additionally, your deceased loved one may have had pain and suffering before passing. Grief, physical pain, lost quality of life, and other forms of suffering may warrant equal compensation.
- Lost financial support: If your loved one earned a living or had other forms of income, we will determine the cost of losing those. We may project the value of your loved one’s earnings through their retirement age, then request that amount from liable parties.
- Funeral and burial costs: The funeral cost is generally substantial, and we’ll aim for liable parties to reimburse you for your loved one’s ceremony and burial.
- Loss of companionship and guidance: A person who loses a spouse or a parent loses much more than financial support. We will determine the cost of lost companionship and parental guidance if these losses apply.
Each wrongful death case presents unique damages. Our team will determine the nature and cost of your losses, then seek appropriate compensation from liable parties.
Portage Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Case-Related Responsibilities That We Will Handle in Your Wrongful Death Suit
You will not have to worry about any aspect of your wrongful death case in Portage, as our team will handle:
- Collection of evidence
- Determination of liability
- Filing of paperwork, including a lawsuit or insurance claim
- Documentation of your losses
- Witness interviews
- Hiring of experts
- Collaboration with your loved one’s doctors
- Settlement negotiations
- Appearance at trial, if necessary
Our attorneys will also strive to defend your rights, dignity, and your loved one’s memory in all that we do.
Why Should You Hire Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for Your Wrongful Death Claim?
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to each client we represent. Wrongful death cases are a priority for us, as we know how devastating the loss of a loved one is.
When you hire us for your wrongful death action in Portage, you should expect:
- Complete handling of your case—if we need you for any aspect of your case, we’ll let you know
- Compassion from each member of our team who understands that wrongful death cases are especially sensitive
- Sound legal advice based on experience and legal training
- Knowledge of wrongful death case law from our attorneys
- A tireless fight for the compensation your family deserves
Our firm has won $1 billion in settlements for our clients. We have done so through a consistent approach tailored to each client’s case. If we need to hire experts, commission exhibits, or take other steps to improve your case, we will—no questions asked.
Our team takes the extra steps to please our clients. Whether it means providing regular case updates, helping with case-related appointments, or honoring other requests that you have, we’re ready to go the extra mile for you.
What Case Results Has Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Secured?
In each wrongful death case that we handle, our team works to secure the recovery our clients deserve, and not a dime less. Some substantial recoveries our firm has secured include:
- $10 million for the surviving loved ones of a man killed in a semi-truck accident
- $2.7 million for the family of a man killed when a tractor driver crossed into his lane, crushing his truck and claiming his life
- $1.5 million for the loved ones of a young man killed in a motorcycle accident resulting from a truck driver’s negligence
You can ask our team members about additional wrongful death recoveries that we have secured. We know that financial recovery is not your primary concern right now. However, we want to make sure that you avoid the financial hardship that often results from a wrongful death.
A Portage wrongful death lawyer from our team may be just the advocate you need at this difficult time in your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Discuss Your Wrongful Death Case in Portage with Our Team Today
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for your free consultation. Our team serving Portage is ready to help you today. Indiana generally places time limits on filing wrongful death actions, so we encourage you to call us as soon as possible.
When you hire a Portage wrongful death lawyer from our firm, you get the full support of our attorneys, support staff, and paralegals. Let’s start your case today.