Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can leave sufferers with permanent physical or cognitive impairments. If you sustained a brain injury in Indiana, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover compensation for your past and future medical treatment, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our Portage traumatic brain injury lawyers can assist you with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. If your accident resulted from another party’s negligent or wrongful behavior, we can hold them financially accountable.
Leading Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury in Indiana
According to the Indiana State Department of Health, TBIs led to more than 1,200 deaths and 6,700 hospitalizations statewide in 2016. Falls and motor vehicle accidents were the leading causes of injury.
If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury due to a slip and fall at the Meadows Shopping Center, a car accident on Interstate 94, or another accident in Portage, we can help. Our lawyers assist with TBI cases involving:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle collisions
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Portage, call 800-333-9999
Traumatic Brain Injuries Have Physical and Psychological Side Effects
A TBI can affect your cognitive functioning, behavior, personality, motor skills, senses, and communication ability. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, TBI sufferers can experience a wide range of symptoms that may be temporary or permanent, depending on the severity of their injury. Symptoms can include:
- Problems with judgment
- Paralysis and weakness
- Loss of coordination
- Vision problems
- Sleep disturbances
- Irritability, anxiety, and depression
- Changes in hearing, smell, taste, and touch
- Difficulty speaking and understanding language (aphasia)
- Problems reading, writing, and working with numbers
- Decreased ability to perform activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, and eating
These symptoms can cause physical pain and interfere with your ability to interact with friends and loved ones, earn an income, and participate in activities you once enjoyed. If your TBI stemmed from an accident that was not your fault, you deserve justice.
Portage Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Portage Brain Injury Damages
TBIs can lead to a lifetime of medical care costs, lost income, and other related losses. Our attorneys can help you seek compensation for your damages, including:
- Medical treatment – Emergency medical care and other treatment received at the time of your accident or soon after may only be the beginning of your necessary medical care. To recover from or live with a brain injury, sufferers may require physical or cognitive rehabilitation, special education services, speech therapy, occupational or vocational therapy, mobility aids, in-home health care, or long-term nursing services.
- Pain and suffering – Our Portage TBI attorneys can help you pursue awards for the ways your injury reduces your overall quality of life. You could qualify for compensation for loss of physical and cognitive functioning, mental anguish, emotional suffering, physical pain, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Lost wages – We can help you recover pay lost due to your injury and recovery. If your TBI forces you to cut back on work, take a lower-paying job, or leave the workforce, we can seek awards for the loss of your earning potential.
- Property damages and various expenses – If your TBI resulted from a car accident, we can pursue the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle. We can also identify and recover miscellaneous accident-related expenses, including the value of household services (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.), transportation services, and vehicle or home modifications necessary to accommodate a disabling injury.
Traumatic Brain Injury is the Leading Cause of Death in Indiana
Indiana Health Department statistics show that TBI is the leading cause of death for residents ages 1 to 44. If your loved one suffered a fatal brain injury, you may qualify for wrongful death compensation.
Damages may include your loved one’s medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and awards for the loss of the deceased’s love, companionship, and guidance. Our attorneys can tell you more about pursuing a wrongful death action.
How Can Our Lawyers Help With Your TBI Case?
Over our 20-plus years in practice, we have helped thousands of personal injury clients recover billions of dollars. We know what it takes to get the awards you need. Our team will:
Prove Liability for Your Accident
We can prove that another party is liable for your injury and resulting damages. We can investigate your vehicle collision, slip and fall, or other accident and prove that another person’s negligent actions caused your TBI. Depending on the type of accident you sustained, evidence may include:
- Police and accident reports
- Medical records
- Video footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Crash reconstruction data
Calculate Your Damages
We want to ensure you get the money you need to care for yourself and your family, now and in the future. We can value your out-of-pocket expenses. We can also enlist the help of medical and vocational experts, economists, mental health professionals, and economists to testify regarding the physical, mental, and financial toll of your injuries.
Fight for the Highest Settlement Available
We will communicate with insurance adjusters on your behalf. During negotiations, we will aggressively pursue the maximum amount of compensation possible for your case. If the insurance company’s settlement offer is unsatisfactory or they act in bad faith, we can take legal action.
According to Indiana law IC § 34-11-2-4, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury case. It is important to seek help as soon as you can after suffering a TBI.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury in Portage, Indiana, take advantage of our free case evaluation. We are ready to help you financially recover from your TBI.
Our firm can represent you on contingency, meaning we do not charge upfront costs or fees. We only get paid when we win your case. We have an in-house litigation team prepared to walk you through each step of your claim. Contact Issacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today to speak with our team serving Portage.