Many of the goods and services we rely on are transported around the United States by large commercial trucks. While the truck drivers perform an essential duty, they can also cause serious accidents if they fail to abide by the road rules.
If you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident, you could have legal options. You may even qualify for financial compensation. A Plainfield truck accident lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you learn if you have reason to take legal action.
Potentially Recoverable Compensation for Truck Accident Victims
You may be entitled to collect various forms of financial recovery in your truck accident claim or lawsuit. Some of these damages include:
- Lost wages: If you are left unable to work due to your accident
- Loss of future earning capacity: If you need to reduce your hours to accommodate your injuries or have to take an indefinite leave of absence from work
- Pain and suffering: If the pain and discomfort from your injuries have reduced your quality of life
- Past and future medical care expenses: If you needed emergency and hospital care, medication, assistive medical equipment, diagnostic tests, physical therapy, and ongoing appointments
- Vehicle damage or property loss: If your vehicle was damaged or totaled in the accident
- Mental anguish: If the truck crash was traumatic for you and took a toll on your mental well-being
- Wrongful death damages: If you lost your loved one to the accident and need help paying for their funeral bills and end-of-life care costs
The extent of your injuries and the duration of your treatment could play a role in the specific type and amount of compensation you are awarded following your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Plainfield, call 800-333-9999
Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer With Our Firm to Help You Fight
If you are considering legal action, are unfamiliar with the legalities, or have general questions, remember that you do not have to go through this process alone. In fact, it could be very beneficial for you to have a lawyer at our firm by your side.
- Answer your questions about filing a claim
- Talk to other involved parties on your behalf
- Assist with paperwork so that you have more time to focus on your recovery
- Put together an evidence file
- Prove the responsible party’s negligence
- Offer a support system during a vulnerable time in your life
- Pursue fair damages for you in settlement negotiations or a trial
- Ensure that your claim is filed in a timely manner to help move your case through the legal system
To take the next steps towards rebuilding your life, a Plainfield truck accident lawyer with our firm is ready to get to work for you.
Having Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Represent You
Since 1993, our personal injury attorneys have secured more than $1 billion in settlements and court awards for our clients. One of these results even includes a $5.25 million outcome for our client who was rear-ended by a semi-truck, which led her to suffer broken legs, ribs, and back.
Our firm also aims to provide the compassionate and responsive legal care you deserve. Here’s what our past clients have said about that:
“Did a good job by keeping me informed of each process that was being made. I would use this firm again.” —Candida R.
“Isaacs and Isaacs represented me and helped me get the cash I was entitled to, to help make up for what I spent on treatments that insurance didn’t cover, over-the-counter items, etc…Mark was very helpful and friendly and professional. Would highly recommend.” —Chelsea H.
Our team is ready to discuss your legal options in a free consultation today.
Plainfield Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Statute of Limitations on Truck Accident Cases in Indiana
It is important to consider the statute of limitations for personal injury cases. According to IC § 34-11-2-4, there is usually a two-year window to file a personal injury lawsuit. Failure to comply with this timeline could result in the court throwing out your case.
Getting started on your case early doesn’t just help you meet the statute of limitations. It also allows you to preserve important evidence. Traffic camera footage and the truck’s black box information may be destroyed within a few months, and witnesses may misremember how the accident happened after some time.
Given enough notice, a lawyer on our team can help you meet deadlines and gather evidence so that you can have a robust case for compensation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Trucks are particularly dangerous vehicles due to their size and the potential for impactful crashes. It takes special training to learn how to drive a truck, and a lack of experience can play a role in accidents. Other ways another party could have been liable in your truck accident include but are not limited to:
- Drunk or intoxicated driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to obey traffic signs
- Improper lane changes
- Failure to use a turn signal
- Driver fatigue, which can be particularly common among truck drivers who work long hours
- A sharp turn leading to a “jack-knife” truck accident
Driver error isn’t the only cause of truck accidents. Poor hiring and training practices, inclement weather conditions, mechanical issues, improperly maintained roadways, and insecurely loaded cargo on large trucks may have contributed to your crash.
In these cases, the trucking company, a cargo or maintenance company, a mechanic, or the city government may be responsible for the accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
As the victim of a truck accident in Plainfield, you may be entitled to collect compensation. Our team at Isaacs and Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is available to help you find out if you qualify.
Call us today at 1-800-800-8888 for a free, no-obligation consultation.