The popularity of ridesharing over the last few years has coincided with a significant increase in rideshare accidents. The increase in rideshare accidents has prompted the introduction of new legislation to handle cases of rideshare accidents and losses.
Rideshare services such as Bolt and Uber have been forced to consider passenger and client safety and have instituted various measures to help manage accident cases. Despite these measures, many accidents still happen. A Plainfield rideshare accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you tackle your rideshare accident case.
What to Do Following a Plainfield Rideshare Accident
In case of an accident:
- Ensure you and any other persons in the car are okay.
- Call 911 and notify the authorities of the accident.
- If in a position to, move the vehicle to a safe position away from traffic. If you cannot, do not leave your vehicle until help arrives.
- Collect any necessary evidence. Take pictures of the vehicle details, name and registration details of the driver, photos of sustained injuries, and property damage.
- Seek any follow-up medical care.
- If you are within Plainfield, contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to help you file a case and pursue compensation, as it is your right.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Plainfield, call 800-333-9999
Services a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Plainfield Can Provide
As you seek the services of a Plainfield rideshare accident attorney from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help to:
- Investigate the responsible party for the accident
- Estimate the total damages, including medical bills or costs for personal property lost or damaged
- Negotiate for a reasonable settlement with the insurance company and liable party
- Handle all the necessary communication with the parties involved
- Prosecute your case in front of a judge if it goes to court
Plainfield Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Seeking Recoverable Damages in Hendricks County
You are entitled to compensation and reimbursement if you sustain injuries or suffer losses from a rideshare accident. Know that you have a limited amount of time to take legal action, however, and the process can be complex and intricate.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we strive to help you receive compensation for the following items:
- Medical costs, including future medical costs
- Lost wages or reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Auto repairs
- Rental car fees
Statute of Limitations for Indiana Injury Lawsuits
According to IC §34-11-2-4, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years, starting from the date of the accident. If you are a victim of a rideshare accident, you, therefore, have a two-year window to file a lawsuit.
Two years may seem like a long time to take action, but there is plenty to accomplish in that time to ensure a strong case. So, don’t wait to act. The sooner you allow us to get started on your case, the better.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much does a Rideshare Accident Attorney in Plainfield Cost?
Hiring a lawyer to help guide you through your claim may typically seem stressful, especially if you are unaware of the case outcomes.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we offer you free consultations and work on a contingency-fee basis. You only pay us if we win and recover compensation through a settlement or judgment. You do not pay us for any service rendered if we are unsuccessful.
How Liability Is Determined
Transport Network Companies (TNCs) must provide insurance coverage for their contractors. Insurance terms and legislation can be confusing. An attorney can help you navigate and file a compensation claim.
The compensation limits for rideshare drivers differ depending on whether they were on the platform, online or offline, with a passenger in their car, or en route to pick up a passenger. Compensation options after a rideshare accident include the following:
- If the driver is offline and not using the application, the rideshare company’s insurance will not cover losses or damage. It will be limited to the driver’s auto insurance.
- If the driver is online, has accepted, and is en route to pick up a passenger, they are liable for up to $1 million in auto insurance coverage and an additional $1 million in uninsured motorist coverage.
- If your driver is online and has picked up a passenger, you have $1 million in commercial auto coverage and an additional $1 million in uninsured motorist coverage.
What Happens if a Third Party Is Liable?
It may be difficult to determine who is liable for an accident. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help you investigate and ascertain liability. If a third party is responsible, you are entitled to pursue compensation from their insurance company by filing a personal injury claim.
Third parties you can sue for compensation include:
- Motor vehicles other than the rideshare
- Car maintenance company that last repaired the liable vehicle
- The municipality, in case the accident was due to poor road conditions
- The car manufacturing company if the accident resulted from a design flaw
What Causes Rideshare Accidents?
Some main causes of rideshare accidents are attributed to the blatant disregard for traffic laws. These include endangering the passenger and other road users’ lives by:
- Distracted driving
- Driving drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Drowsy driving, fatigue, and exhaustion
- Reckless driving
Contact Issacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
If you are involved in a rideshare accident, contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. Our Plainfield rideshare accident lawyer will strive to build a strong case against the rideshare insurance company or driver to get you compensated. We are responsible for advocating for your legal rights and ensuring you are adequately compensated for injuries or damages resulting from your rideshare accident.
Contact our firm today for your free case review. We will answer your questions and create a plan to help you move your case forward.