Getting into a car accident can result in numerous injuries and other damages. When this incident occurs, you should know your rights. An Owensboro car accident lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you with navigating the legal process in Kentucky.
On your behalf, they can build your case, gather evidence, name the responsible parties, and negotiate fair compensation. Your attorney will offer their help on a contingency-fee-basis, so we won’t take any upfront or out-of-pocket fees of costs.
Recoverable Damages You May Qualify to Seek in Your Car Accident Case
When you get into a car accident, you’ll likely have an array of damages. They are typically classified into two categories: economic and non-economic.
What Are Economic Damages?
Economic damages hold a fixed monetary value. Examples include:
- Past and future medical expenses: These are damages from any doctor’s visits, hospital stays, tests, medications, rehabilitation, surgery, in-home health care, chiropractic care, and transportation to medical appointments.
- Income Losses: These damages cover the income you lost when you were in the hospital, at the doctor’s office, or otherwise incapacitated due to the injuries.
- Reduced earning potential: If you can’t return to work full-time or for the long term, you can seek damages for the difference in your wages.
- Property damage costs: If you needed to get your car repaired or replaced, you may recover the necessary costs.
What Are Non-Economic Damages?
Non-economic damages refer to losses that are not tangible but are still very real, just the same. Some of them include:
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries have caused you discomfort and distress, compensation could help you cope.
- Mental anguish: Some car accident victims are traumatized and suffer from insomnia, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Scarring or disfigurement: Your injuries or treatment could change how you look and move.
Non-economic damages are not as straightforward to calculate as economic losses. Your lawyer will look at your economic damages to get an idea of how much you should request for your non-economic damages.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Owensboro, call 800-333-9999
You don’t Have Much Time to Sue After a Car Accident in Owensboro, KY
When filing a personal injury lawsuit after a vehicle accident, you must follow certain time limits. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230states that you typically have two years to take action.
Waiting too long to file and missing the deadline tells the court that you’re not pursuing the liable party for damages. As a result, you may no longer be permitted to hold them accountable. Given enough notice, a lawyer at our firm can help you identify which timeline applies to you and comply accordingly.
Owensboro Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Having a Lawyer on Our Team Manage Your Car Accident Case
The aftermath of a car accident can be stressful and confusing. Allow Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to alleviate these strains and take on your case.
Our car accident attorney can:
- Retrieve the crash report
- Explain relevant laws and ordinances
- Gather photographs and videos of the crash scene
- Prove the other party’s liability
- Assess your past and expected losses
- Talk to other involved parties and their representatives
- Enter into settlement negotiations and evaluate the insurer’s offers
- Take your case before a jury, if necessary
We will also keep in touch with you, so you’re always up-to-date on the progression of your case.
Car Accident Settlements Our Lawyers Have Secured
Our lawyers have achieved over $2 billion in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Here are some of our car accident case results:
- $1 million for our client who suffered a fractured eye socket and had to have his right foot rebuilt after another driver failed to yield and struck him
- $1.125 million for our client who suffered two broken wrists, jaw, and nose, fractured both of her legs and ankles and needed surgery after getting in a head-on collision
- $1.25 million for our client after she shattered her ankle and foot, had her bone protrude from her skin, injuries her knee and hip in a crash
We cannot guarantee a certain outcome for your case, but you can trust us to fight for the compensation you are entitled to recover.
Negligence Laws for Car Accidents in Kentucky
When a car accident occurs, one of the first things the parties want to know is who was at fault. This is critical for recovering damages. Determining fault involves attributing negligence to the parties to see who was responsible. In some cases, both parties have some degree of responsibility.
Kentucky uses pure comparative fault law. This rule states that even if the plaintiff is 99 percent responsible, they can still collect damages. However, the amount of damages is reduced by how much you are deemed at fault.
An attorney on our team will build the case to lower the percentage of fault that falls on you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Car Accidents Can Occur
You may get into a car accident for any number of reasons, but common ones involve the following:
- Distracted driving — This behavior is a leading cause of accidents. It refers to someone driving while being occupied with something else, usually their cell phone.
- Driving under the influence— Drinking and driving compromises your judgment, reflexes, and thinking.
- Speeding — If someone speeds while driving, they allow for numerous risks of an accident. Thousands of fatalities result from people speeding while driving.
- Poor weather conditions — Bad weather conditions can hinder visibility, create slippery roads, cause distractions, and more. Vehicles driving in inclement weather need to be extra diligent so that they don’t get into an accident.
Connect With Our Firm After a Car Accident in Owensboro, Kentucky
Since 1993, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has gone after the compensation accident victims need. Now, let us use our more than 400 years of combined legal experience to help you.
Give us a call today for a free case review.