The human brain is the most sensitive organ in the body. When it suffers even seemingly minor damage, the impact can be catastrophic. If you suffered a traumatic brain injury after an accident in Jessamine County, you may wonder what happens now.
With help from a Nicholasville traumatic brain injury lawyer, you can get the legal support you need to get the justice you deserve. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers offers free case reviews where you can explore your options.
We Advocate for Victims of Negligence in Nicholasville
Our law firm advocates for people who have suffered harm due to:
- Construction accidents
- Factory accidents
- Work accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Accidents caused by defective products
- Swimming pool accidents
- Trampoline accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
If you suffered a traumatic brain injury in an incident not listed above, you still have the right to seek damages. Our team is ready to advocate for you now.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Nicholasville, call 800-333-9999
Various Deadlines Determine How Long You Have To File
You may need to file a lawsuit to recover damages. If so, you have a limited time to initiate legal action. In Kentucky, the statute of limitations varies based on whether you suffered harm in a collision.
Consider the following:
- If you suffered a traumatic brain injury in a collision, you generally have two years to file your injury lawsuit, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230. Your filing deadline begins from the date of your accident or last personal injury protection (PIP) payment.
- If you suffered harm in another act of negligence, you generally have one year to file your case, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1). The same filing period applies if you lost a loved one.
Our team will file your case within the appropriate timeframe to preserve your right to damages. However, we must learn about your situation before we can start advocating for you.
Nicholasville Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Compensation in Your Case Could Include These Damages
Financial recovery can account for:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost income and other job-related benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
These Factors Can Affect How Much You Can Pursue
There are many factors that could impact how much you can recover, including:
- Your portion of fault for the accident
- The applicable insurance policy
- How significantly your injuries have impacted your life
- Whether your traumatic brain injury is expected to affect your life in the future (and, if so, to what extent)
- Whether one or more parties share liability for your injuries
These are only a few factors that could impact how much you can recover. Your lawyer in Nicholasville will determine how much you can seek after reviewing your case. They will use your employment records, injury-related billing statements, and other documents to seek what you need.
You Have Legal Options Following a Nicholasville Personal Injury
Your lawyer can evaluate your situation and aim for a resolution by:
Filing an Insurance Claim
We resolve most of our personal injury cases through insurance settlements. Generally, after getting hurt, you file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance provider. However, depending on the circumstances of your traumatic brain injury, you could also file a claim with your own insurance company.
However, dealing with insurance companies isn’t always easy. Insurance adjusters want to reduce benefits and deny claims wherever possible. For this reason alone, you should consider having a lawyer advocate for you. We will negotiate with the insurer and fight for what you need.
Pursuing a Civil Lawsuit
If you can’t resolve your case through an insurance settlement, you can file a civil lawsuit against the at-fault party. This requires taking depositions, applying the law to your case, and dealing with the defendant’s lawyers.
No matter what route your case takes, we want to recover everything you need. We will determine a suitable course of action for your case and go from there.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Find and Use Evidence To Support Your Brain Injury Case
To prove fault, liability, and negligence, your lawyer will use:
- Photos of your injuries
- Video surveillance of the accident, such as dashcam footage
- The police report
- Accident reports
- Safety logs
- Safety inspection reports
- Accident reconstructionist reports
- Witness statements
- Cell phone records
- Chemical blood alcohol test results (if a drunk driver hurt you, for instance)
- Forensic evidence
Your brain injury lawyer may use other evidence than the items listed above. With this information, your lawyer aims to prove that because another party acted recklessly in Nicholasville, you suffered harm and deserve compensation.
We’re a Client-Centered Law Firm Focused on Securing Results
Our clients’ testimonies speak volumes about our commitment. Some have shared:
- Mary: “I am very happy with the way my case was handled from start to finish. The whole process was made so much easier and comfortable with the help and guidance of the people who worked with me. I would definitely recommend them and if the need should arise, I will go directly to them again. Thank you Isaacs and Isaacs!”
- Dawn: “So far Isaacs and Isaacs has been a tremendous help for me….from the investigator, case manager, to my attorney EVERYBODY that has helped me is so very nice and respectful….I know that there is ALOT of lawyers out there, but if you want a very good team helping you, then ISAACS AND ISAACS is the team to get…..THEY ARE GREAT.”
Get Help from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Contact a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Nicholasville at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a no-cost, risk-free consultation. We will work tirelessly to secure the compensation that is rightfully yours. As noted, time is limited to file your injury lawsuit, so we encourage you to connect with us today.