Sharing the road with trucks, small vehicles, bikes, and even pedestrians can contribute to a motorcycle accident. If you have suffered from a motorcycle accident, a Nicholasville motorcycle accident lawyer can help you recover. While recovering should be your main priority, you may also be wondering how you will pay for your medical treatment and other expenses.
Potential Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Generally, motorcyclists share the same rules as other road users.
There are a few common reasons why such accidents occur in Nicholasville, including:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Road hazards
- Illegal turns
- Head-on collisions
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Nicholasville, call 800-333-9999
Common Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycles accident injuries can leave you with life-threatening injuries. These injuries can likely occur because motorcyclists, especially those who do not wear the right gear, do not have the same protection as vehicle passengers do.
Some common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Dental injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head trauma
We are deeply sorry for your loss if death occurred due to a motorcycle accident. While no amount of money can bring back your loved one, the guilty party should compensate you for your loss.
Nicholasville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
At the Scene of a Motorcycle Accident
If you are injured or cannot perform tasks for yourself, do not move around on your own, as your health and safety is the main priority. But if you can, we advise the following:
What To Do at the Scene
If you’re involved in a Nicholasville motorcycle accident, here’s what to do:
- Seek Safety: If you aren’t injured and can still move, ensure that you try to get off the road to a safe place where you are not in danger of being run over by other vehicles.
- Call Emergency Service: Report your accident to the police and ask for medical aid if needed.
- Collect Evidence: Take pictures and videos of the scene, weather, traffic conditions, and road conditions with your phone. You can also ask for witnesses’ contact information.
- Seek Medical Attention: Once released from the scene by the police, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. You’ll want your doctor to document your injuries and treat them accordingly. Save all the relevant documents and expenses related to your treatment.
- Contact a Nicholasville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: It’s very beneficial to pursue legal help as soon as possible after an accident. Doing so can boost your efforts to seek compensation for the losses you incurred from an accident that wasn’t your fault.
What Not To Do at the Scene
While there are many things to do at the scene of an accident, there are a few things you want to avoid.
- Don’t discuss the accident with anyone at the scene other than the responding police officer
- Don’t take partial or complete blame for the accident, even if your intentions are good
Damages You Can Seek in a Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers may be able to include the following damages as part of your legal claim:
- Medical Expenses: Present and future expenses
- Lost Wages: You may not be able to continue with your work or must take a break from work to heal from your injuries
- Pain and Suffering: Emotional pain, fear, stress, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Helping You Comply With the Florida Statute of Limitations
There are limitations in the time the law allows you to file a claim after getting involved in a motorbike accident in Nicholasville, Florida. You have a window to file a claim within four years from the accident occurred. You can file a claim for a wrongful death incident within two years in Florida.
Contacting an attorney right after your accident will allow them to have adequate time to create a solid case. Your attorney can use this time to collect evidence, interview witnesses, or negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
What Can a Nicholasville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
While you might be able to file your claim on time, following up on the case proceedings and other related legal processes might be difficult. Attorneys are familiar with legal proceedings and dealing with other legal parties. Additionally, insurance companies can take advantage of your case and try to reduce the compensation paid to you.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we make it our goal to ensure you get paid fair compensation for your injuries. We can keep you up to date on the latest legal proceedings involving your case while you take your time recovering from your accident.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we take payment on a contingency basis. You do not pay any upfront fees or costs since we only collect payment if we win or settle your case. We understand the financial burden accidents can put on a family, and we don’t want to be another burden that you take on at this time.
Consult a Nicholasville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A motorcycle accident can often leave you with injuries and added expenses and worries. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you through this challenging time. To schedule a free consultation, visit our website or call today.