If you have sustained a traumatic brain injury because of the negligent actions of someone else, you could be entitled to recover compensation. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys can help you hold the liable party accountable and do what it takes to recover the maximum amount of compensation.
We understand a traumatic brain injury can cause devastating impacts. Our Newport traumatic brain injury lawyers will advocate aggressively for clients to be compensated for their losses. Our legal team can handle all communications regarding your accident so your main focus will be on recovering from the accident.
The Definition of a Traumatic Brain Injury
According to Mayo Clinic, a traumatic brain injury results from a violent blow or jolt to the head or body. If an object punctures through the skull and into the brain, such as a bullet, it can also cause a traumatic brain injury.
Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
Symptoms vary based on the severity of the injury. Traumatic brain injuries can cause both physical and psychological symptoms.
Symptoms of a mild traumatic brain injury include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fatigue or constant drowsiness
- Problems speaking
- Occasionally losing balance
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in ears
- Mood swings
- Being in a state of confusion
If someone suffers a moderate or severe traumatic brain injury, their symptoms will include many symptoms of a mild brain injury, but also:
- Loss of consciousness lasting from a few minutes to hours
- Dilation of the pupils of the eyes
- A weak or numb feeling in the fingers and toes
It is important to see a doctor if you are exhibiting any of these symptoms after being hit in the head. A doctor can start treating and monitoring the injury to prevent further damage. The doctor can also provide documentation of the severity of your head injury.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
The nature of the injury and the force of the impact plays a role in the severity of damage to the brain. Common occurrences that cause traumatic brain injuries include:
- Vehicle collisions: Collisions involving cars, bicycles, pedestrians, or other motor vehicles are a common cause of traumatic brain injuries. Prevention would include wearing seatbelts and making sure anyone sitting in the front seat is the proper height and weight to be safe if the airbag deploys.
- Falls: Falling in the bath, shower, down the stairs, off of a bed, or from a roof or ladder are common ways people sustain traumatic brain injuries through falls. Prevention includes installing handrails in the bathtub and on staircases, putting a non-slip mat in the bathtub, and keeping stairs clear of clutter.
- Sports injuries: Football is a common sport where athletes sustain traumatic brain injuries. Other sports where traumatic brain injuries are common include soccer, lacrosse, hockey, and boxing. Any athlete who plays a sport that requires high-impact movement could be at risk for a traumatic brain injury.
- Guns: A bullet that travels through the brain tissue can cause severe brain damage and death.
- Violence: Assaults can cause a traumatic brain injury. Another type of violence that causes brain injuries is shaken baby syndrome. This can leave babies with lifelong disabilities.
Children, males, and older adults are more likely than others to sustain traumatic brain injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Newport, call 800-333-9999
You Could Be Entitled to Recover Compensation
If you sustained a brain injury because of the negligent actions of someone else, you could be entitled to recover compensation. Damages refer to the sum of money the court imposes for breaching duty or violating someone’s rights. Damages you could recover in a traumatic brain injury case include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost income
- Future lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
If your loved one passed away because of the traumatic brain injury they sustained, you could recover the following damages:
- End-of-life medical care
- Funeral costs
- Burial or cremation costs
- Loss of consortium
Our Newport traumatic brain injury lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will calculate your damages to determine the value of your case.
Newport Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
A Brain Injury Attorney at Our Firm Can Help
When you contact our firm, we will hear your story and learn about the cause of your injuries. We will investigate the accident to determine what happened and who is liable. Once we begin working on your case, we will:
- Review all documentation and records related to your case.
- Determine the liable party.
- Help you recover all money you are entitled to.
We Treat Each Client with Compassion and Care
After you or a loved one sustained a traumatic brain injury, you could be facing extensive medical bills and be out of work during recovery. We offer the following benefits so you can hold the liable party accountable without having to worry about adding to your financial stress:
- Free consultations
- Contingency fee
Contacting an attorney soon after the accident will give us enough time to prepare your case. In the state of Kentucky, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 states you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit if the accident involves vehicles. If you were injured in another way, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1) states you have one year from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
The attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can make sure you do not miss any deadlines. Once the statute of limitations is up, you may no longer be able to receive compensation for your injuries.
Call Our Firm for a Free Consultation
A traumatic brain injury can affect you for the rest of your life. We believe the liable party should be held accountable. Our firm has an in-house litigation team that will fight for your right to recover compensation. With over 400 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys have recovered over $1 billion in past settlements and trial wins. We have Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals on our team to accommodate our Spanish-speaking clients.
Contact us today for a free consultation. During the consultation, we can listen to your side of the story and inform you of your legal options. After the call, we can begin developing a solid case strategy to help you recover compensation. You do not pay for our services unless we are successful in helping you recover compensation.