Commercial truck accidents cause some of the most devastating road accidents. A commercial vehicle’s weight and size in comparison to smaller vehicles involved in the crash could be a deadly combination. These accidents can leave victims with significant injuries, permanent disabilities, or even death.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, a Newark truck accident lawyer could help you determine if you’re entitled to compensation.
What Damages Am I Entitled to Recover?
Some truck accident injuries can be minor, such as a scrape, bruise, or sprain; however, others may be more severe. These damages could possibly be life-changing. The following are examples of physical injuries you may sustain in a truck accident:
- Scrapes, bruises, sprains, fractures, and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Spinal cord, back, and neck injuries
- Burns on your body
We could help you recover compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Other miscellaneous expenses
In addition to economic damages like those listed above, you may also experience substantial psychological and non-economic damages following the truck accident. These losses could also be eligible for compensation. The following are examples of non-economic damages you may experience following a truck accident:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
A lawyer can help estimate how much your non-economic injuries may be worth.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Newark, call 800-333-9999
How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations is a rule that governs the amount of time you must file a lawsuit in a certain state. In Ohio, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
If the statute of limitations runs out, you won’t be able to sue for damages caused by a negligent party. Speaking with a Newark truck accident lawyer could be a good resource for deciding what the next best step would be following the accident. Filing a claim can be a long and strenuous process, so having a lawyer could help make the process more streamlined.
Newark Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Can an Attorney Assist You?
Filing a truck accident claim can be a difficult process. In truck accidents, it is likely the lawsuit will include additional parties other than the truck driver. For example, the trucking company, owner of the cargo, manufacturers of the truck and relevant parts, and the vendor who gives services to the seller could also be held responsible.
With legal counsel, we can assist you through the legal proceedings and fight on your behalf against large corporations. The process could consist of strict deadlines and tedious paperwork that may be overwhelming. We will help guide you through the process and advocate for your rights.
If you hire a Newark truck accident lawyer, we’ll start working for you right away. We understand how time-sensitive some parts of the process can be and want to make sure we can assist you in meeting all the deadlines and guidelines of a claim. Some of the procedures assist with include:
- Gathering evidence such as traffic camera video, photographs, eyewitness statements, and medical records
- Estimating the monetary value of your damages
- Mediating between you and the other party’s legal and insurance representatives
- Negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf. If there is no agreement, we can represent you in a lawsuit.
Success Stories of Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
For more than 25 years, our team has helped clients in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky receive compensation following a truck accident. With more than 400 years of combined experience and over $1 billion in settlements for our clients, we are ready to fight for you!
Our team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers handles all types of incidents, including motorcycle collisions, car accidents, bus collisions, semi-truck collisions, wrongful death, and so on. In the points below, we have highlighted some of our client victories and settlement amounts:
- $5.525 million settlement in a truck accident: A woman in her seventies was stopped in traffic behind a semi-truck. Suddenly, a tanker truck rear-ended her, slamming her into the semi’s rear undercarriage. The collision left her with a shattered back, two broken legs, and multiple broken ribs.
- $10 million settlement in a truck accident: A man suffered fatal injuries after a semi-truck crossed over the centerline, which resulted in the truck striking the man’s vehicle head-on.
- $2.7 million settlement in a truck accident: After a commercial pickup truck ran a red light, a woman in her mid-50s was ejected from her vehicle.
- $3.65 million settlement in a truck accident: While a woman in her mid-60s was in her vehicle, a semi-truck pulled out right in front of her resulting in extreme injuries.
Every case is different, and the outcome will be determined by the case’s circumstances and the applicable law.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Handle Cases With No Upfront Fees or Costs
You don’t have to worry about money. We won’t burden your already stressful financial circumstances due to the accident. Our team frees up your wallet through a contingency fee arrangement—our clients won’t have to pay anything unless we win or settle their case.
Get Help from Our Injury Team Today
We at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers understand that no one can undo an accident and knowing this, we encourage folks involved in a truck crash to contact us for a free consultation.
It’s important to file your claim immediately so you can file within the statute of limitations deadline. We’ll act quickly to help get you reimbursed before it’s too late. Discuss your case with us at our 24/7 hotline.