When wrongful deaths happen, the surviving loved ones should be able to work through their grief. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will seek coverage for all of your recoverable damages while you focus on your wellbeing.
A New Albany wrongful death lawyer from our team will lead every step of your case.
What You Should Expect from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Those who hire Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for their wrongful death claim should expect:
- Consistency and reliability
- Compassion for the immense loss you’ve suffered
- Quick responses to your calls and emails
- A team of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff working together on your family’s behalf
- Attorneys who know the law, and will advise a legal approach tailored uniquely to you
You are also hiring a firm with a track record of substantial winnings.
Our Case Results Show How Hard Our Attorneys Fight for Clients
When your lawyer has a clear record of positive results, you know that they can win the big one. This is vitally important, especially in wrongful death cases. You and your loved ones may deserve a sizable financial recovery. You want an attorney who has recovered similar judgments and settlements before.
- $1.575 million: A 35-year-old female passed away because of brain injuries she suffered in a bus accident. We secured a significant recovery for her surviving loved ones.
- $1.5 million: We represented the family of a motorcycle rider who passed away after a semi-truck struck him.
- $900,000: We recovered this sum for the family of a woman who died in a single-car accident. Our team showed that she had been overserved by an establishment, and that their negligence contributed to her passing.
We have gotten many other financial recoveries for our clients. In total, we’ve negotiated $1 billion in settlements for those we’ve represented.
If you want a law firm with provable results to represent you, choose Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving New Albany, call 800-333-9999
What Our Team Does for Wrongful Death Victims in New Albany
Those bringing a wrongful death action in New Albany don’t have to worry about their legal case. Our team completes every step of the process, including:
Defense of Your Rights
Before we do anything, our firm ensures that your rights are safe. There are many ways that hostile parties can violate your rights, including:
- Coaxing you into making a self-harming statement
- Intimidating you
- Enticing you to accept a lowball settlement offer
- Convincing you that you do not have a case for compensation
We will deal with other attorneys involved in your case. If they or other parties wish to interact with you, we will facilitate those discussions. Generally, we can represent clients in case-related matters.
Each wrongful death action is completely unique. We will form your case strategy from the foundation-up, taking an approach that suits you and your loved ones. One decision may be whether to seek compensation through insurance or a lawsuit.
Other decisions we may oversee include:
- Who to seek compensation from
- How much compensation to seek
- Whether to accept certain settlement offers
- Whether to go to trial
We will involve you in all case-altering decisions.
We’ll investigate the circumstances that led to your loved one’s passing. We may visit an accident scene, speak with witnesses, consult experts, and collect evidence. The investigation is where we begin to build your case for compensation.
Documentation and Calculation of Damages
As we gather facts about your loved one’s passing, we will build a list of damages. Damages are often great in wrongful death cases, and many of them may be non-economic in nature. Our attorneys understand how to properly value these cases.
We may also collect proof of your damages, which may include:
- Invoices for your loved one’s funeral expenses
- Invoices for grief counseling and other therapies
- Proof of the decedent’s pre-death earnings, which speak to their lost earning power
- Any other document that indicates your losses
We will identify every single loss that has come from your loved one’s passing.
We are often able to settle clients’ cases, as the majority of civil cases settle rather than going to trial. Our attorneys will lead negotiations for you. These processes can be tense, and you can trust us to stand firm in the face of pressure.
New Albany wrongful death lawyer Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs has earned his nickname for a reason—including his don’t-quit attitude during negotiations.
While your case may not need to go to trial, we never rule it out. If circumstances require it, we will advance your case to court.
New Albany Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a New Albany Wrongful Death Case
According to Yahoo! Finance, the average cost of funeral expenses and end-of-life medical expenses in Indiana total nearly $20,000. The truth is, wrongful death claims often require compensation of far more than $20,000, but this figure shows you that any wrongful death is expensive.
Some losses we’ll consider in your case include:
- Pain and suffering that your loved one experienced before their passing
- Pain and suffering you’ve experienced
- The cost of treatment for pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Loss of the decedent’s financial support
- Lost companionship
- Lost parental guidance
- Funeral expenses
We consider damages on a case-by-case basis. We’ll work with experts, your loved one’s doctors, and any other parties who have knowledge of your losses.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Call us as soon as you can. Indiana generally requires you to file a wrongful death claim within a certain period of time, so you do not want to wait. Per IC § 34-20-3-1, you are required to start file a claim if the wrongful death is from a product (i.e. asbestos). As soon as you retain a wrongful death lawyer from our team, we can start your case in New Albany.
We don’t charge upfront fees or costs, so there are no barriers to hiring Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. Our goal is to get justice for those who deserve it. If your loved one’s passing was avoidable, then you’re certainly deserving of justice.