Bicycle accidents can happen in an instant and cause serious damage to you, your bike, and your life. These accidents can lead to mountains of medical debt, reduced household income, and incredible pain. But you shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s negligence.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we know how devastating a bicycle accident can be on your personal life, career, family, and financial health. That’s why our New Albany bicycle accident lawyers are dedicated to holding negligent parties accountable and helping you recover compensation for current and future accident-related costs.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help Your Bicycle Accident Case
The bike accident lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are dedicated to providing comprehensive and compassionate legal counsel to bicycle accident victims and their families. You can focus on your recovery while we:
- Build your case with strong evidence
- Determine negligence
- Calculate the true cost of your damages
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- File a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary
- Advise you at every step
We’ve successfully recovered more than $1 billion in settlements for clients, including those who’ve been injured in bicycle accidents. Our team will use our 400+ years of combined experience to maximize your claim and recover the best possible settlement we can. We can apply our knowledge of insurance company tactics and Indiana bike law to identify negligence and pursue justice.
We also provide our services on a contingency-fee basis. That means we don’t get paid unless you do. So, we don’t charge any upfront costs to get our help.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving New Albany, call 800-333-9999
How Much Can Compensation Can I Get After My New Albany Bicycle Accident?
No two bicycle accidents are the same, so it’s hard to give you an accurate estimate of how much compensation you may be entitled to. We will review many of the unique factors of your bicycle accident case to calculate your damages and determine what a fair settlement looks like in your case.
Some of the most important factors that can influence the amount of your compensation include:
- Your age at the time of the accident
- The type and severity of your injuries
- How those injuries have impacted different aspects of your life
- Projected future treatment needs
- Impacts on your mobility and quality of life
- How the accident occurred
Types of Damages You Can Seek After a Bike Accident
You can recover compensation for damages with a clear economic value, like:
- Medical bills
- Future medical costs
- Bike repair or replacement costs
- Lost income during recovery
- Lost earning potential and benefits due to disability
- Wrongful death benefits, like funeral costs and lost spousal support
In addition, you can also recover compensation for noneconomic damages that don’t have a price tag, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
Sources of Compensation
In most cases, we’ll be seeking compensation through the at-fault party’s insurance company. Many parties are required to have or choose to have certain liability insurance policies that cover legal costs should an event like a bike accident occur. Here are some of the sources of compensation we can explore for your case:
- An at-fault driver’s auto insurance policy
- Your own auto insurance policy, including an uninsured/underinsured motorist add-on policy
- Product liability coverage
- Property liability coverage
New Albany Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Who Is Liable for My New Albany Bicycle Accident?
We can hold many different parties accountable for your New Albany bicycle accident, depending on how your accident occurred. Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Opening a car door on a passing bicyclist
- Not sharing the road with bicyclists
- Not looking for bikes in blind spots when turning or changing lanes
- Not providing at least 3 feet of passing distance
- Aggressive driving maneuvers, like having too close of following distance
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Not watching for bikes when going through intersections
- Speeding and not being able to stop in time to avoid a bike
- Driving in bike lanes
- Road hazards and lack of road or trail maintenance
- Hazardous weather conditions
- Part malfunction
Based on these causes, some parties we may be able to hold accountable for your bike accident include:
- A driver or other motorist
- Another bicyclist
- A pedestrian
- A municipal agency responsible for maintaining roads/trails
- A bike or car mechanic
- A parts manufacturer
Injuries in New Albany Bike Accidents
Bicycle accidents can result in minor and serious injuries. Typically, the more severe your accident, the more serious your injuries are. However, you can sustain a serious injury after a minor bike accident. That’s why it’s so important to seek medical attention right away and consult an attorney soon, too, even if you don’t feel like your injuries are that bad.
Here are some of the most common injuries sustained in bike accidents that you can recover compensation for:
- Road rash
- Broken bones and sprains
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal tissue damage
In the worst cases, bicycle accidents can kill cyclists. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly 850 people died in bicycle accidents in 2019.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You May Have a Limited Time to File a Lawsuit
Bicycle accidents are a type of personal injury case. That means you have up to two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit to recover compensation, per IC § 34-11-2-4. While many insurance companies prefer to settle out of court, we may need to file a lawsuit if we’re not able to negotiate for the best figure.
The sooner you reach out to a lawyer and file a claim, the more time we’ll have to pursue a lawsuit if need be. Filing a lawsuit is more complex, so we require more time to gather evidence and build a case so we have the best chances of securing a settlement that makes a difference for your family.
Choose the Hammer for Your Bike Accident Case in New Albany
The legal team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to take on your bicycle accident case. We will work hard to explore all your legal options for seeking justice and compensation. Contact our office for a free case review.