A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can completely change your life. While the circumstances surrounding TBI injuries vary case by case, if another person caused your injury you could have grounds to file a claim.
You could be awarded financial compensation for the suffering you are experiencing. Our Murray traumatic brain injury lawyers can help you decide if filing a claim or lawsuit is right for you based on the strength of your case.
The Kinds of Compensation Awarded in TBI Cases
There are many different types of compensation available in traumatic brain injury cases. Typically, compensation is reflective of the type of suffering you experienced or expect to live with. Possible types of compensation our personal injury team could recover include the following:
- Compensation for emotional suffering
- Damages for a decreased quality of life following your accident
- Reimbursement for doctor office visits, physical therapy and rehabilitation, medications, surgeries, medical equipment, and other expenses
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Punitive damages awarded in some cases as a means to punish responsible parties
- Lost wages if you were left unable to work following your accident
The amount of compensation you could qualify for depends on the details of your case, the severity of your traumatic brain injury, the duration of your injuries, and more. In some cases, Murray TBI victims like you can recover thousands of dollars—even reaching the six figures. Our traumatic brain injury lawyers can help give you a sense of possible compensation amounts based on your claim.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Murray, call 800-333-9999
How Your Traumatic Brain Injury Might Have Occurred in Murray
StatPearls estimates that approximately 1.7 million people in the United States suffer from a form of TBI. Traumatic brain injuries can occur for virtually endless reasons, and every situation is unique. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, there are several types of TBI cases we represent, including but not limited to:
- Accidents occurring during leisure or recreational activities
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents that occur on other peoples’ property
- Medical malpractice cases that result in TBI injuries
- Victims of intentional violence
- Motor-vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrians struck by a vehicle
- Bicycle accidents
Regardless of what caused your TBI, you could have grounds to take legal action if another person was involved. Proving negligence is crucial to the success of your case. If you think negligence or another type of fault caused your traumatic brain injury, you could have grounds to pursue justice through the legal system.
Murray Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Legal Representation Can Be Helpful After Suffering a TBI in Murray
If you are ready to file a claim, it could be helpful to hire a lawyer to help. Legal representation could prove beneficial in your case in many ways, including:
- Assisting with legal paperwork to save you time, stress, and ensuring your case is valid
- Keeping your case moving through the legal system by tracking important deadlines
- Offering general support during a trying time in your life
- Helping you understand compensatory amounts available which can, in turn, enable you to plan for the road ahead
- Walking you through each step of the claims process and answering your questions along the way
How Much Does a Lawyer From Our Firm Cost?
Many personal injury victims are rightfully worried about potential legal expenses when considering legal representation. Generally, lawyers charge by the hour, which means cases can be expensive the more complicated they become.
Our policy at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is that we do not charge upfront fees or costs. Our fee comes from the award we win for you. But remember, you could have a limited amount of time to take action.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations Could Affect Your TBI Case
According to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1), the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is one year. If you suffered a car accident, however, you would have two years under Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230.
Your time to take action could be running out. Suppose you are searching for a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Murray to help with your claim before it is too late. In that case, our team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has a history of success with cases like yours.
Our team will do our best to follow the state-mandated timeline relevant to your case. If you do not file promptly, the court could throw out your case. You would lose your chance at pursuing damages in this case.
Ways To Protect Your Claim After Suffering a TBI in Murray
You can help your lawyer in many ways, including the following:
- Following your lawyer’s recommendations and guidance
- Gathering the evidence you already have
- Not accepting insurance claim offers before speaking with your lawyer
- Staying off social media and not talking about the case in-depth with your loved ones
- Keeping all receipts related to your injury-related expenses
You might not have all the experience to protect your claim or damages. However, our lawyers can walk you through what to expect in your TBI case. We can advise you about what decisions you will have to make and what you can do for us while we work for your benefit.
Contact Us Today About Your Traumatic Injury Case
Living with a TBI can be difficult, but taking justice into your own hands by filing a claim could lead to a brighter future. Our team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is available to discuss your claim during a free, no-obligation consultation today.
We have recovered over $1 billion in damages for clients in a wide range of personal injury cases. A quick look at our past case victories and settlements proves our track record of success. If you are ready to take action, we are available to discuss your claim.