Public transportation, commercial buses, school buses, and other types of buses have the potential to cause critical injuries when they are involved in collisions. If you were seriously injured as a bus passenger or after being struck by a bus, you may have the right to compensation for your damages.
However, proving liability and bus accident claims is often complex. With help from an experienced Murray bus accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, you can establish negligence and recover your damages in their entirety. Start working on your case today when you call our office for a free consultation.
How Do Bus Accidents in Murray Happen?
Bus accidents are commonly caused by driver negligence. Whether you were traveling as a passenger in a bus, were driving your vehicle when you were suddenly struck by a bus, were traveling as a bicyclist when you were hit by a bus, or were otherwise involved in any type of collision involving a bus, you may be anxious to hold the adult party accountable.
However, it is important for your personal injury lawyer in Murray to thoroughly investigate to establish liability. Some of the common causes of bus accidents often include:
- Following too closely
- Failure to stop
- Making an improper turn
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Failure to use a turn signal
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless driving
- Missing street signs
- Missing traffic lights
- Defective traffic lights
- Improperly secured road construction zones
- Malfunctioning or defective bus parts
- Unskilled operation of a bus
These are only a few examples of how bus accidents can happen. If your bus accident occurred in another way, or if you are unsure what caused your bus accident, the best way to find out is by contacting a bus accident attorney who can help you understand the cause and fault in your case.
Fault for Murray Bus Accidents
Proving negligence and liability will be essential when pursuing compensation for your damages following a bus accident. In fact, since Kentucky is a choice no-fault state for auto insurance purposes, filing a claim with the liable party’s insurance company will be one of the top ways for you to recover compensation for your damages.
With that in mind, your lawyer will need to conduct an extensive investigation into your bus accident to figure out who is responsible and how the accident occurred. Some common parties named in bus accident claims include:
- The bus operator
- The owner of the bus
- The bus company
- Passengers on the bus
- Other motorists
- Safety inspectors
- Bus maintenance professionals
- Government agencies
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Murray, call 800-333-9999
What to Expect from the Bus Accident Claims Process
Many bus accident victims are intimidated at the thought of going up against an insurance company or filing a lawsuit against the liable party. However, when you have an experienced bus accident attorney in Murray on your side, you can feel empowered. Our team will handle all of the important legal details of your case while you work on recovering from your debilitating injuries.
Generally, once you have a better understanding of what to expect from the claims process, you will feel more confident as we move forward. Here is a general idea of how the bus accident claims process works if you hire a lawyer to advocate for your rights:
- After hiring your attorney, your lawyer begins by investigating the bus accident.
- Throughout the course of the investigation, your attorney will be gathering powerful evidence to establish negligence and liability for your damages.
- We will need to carefully quantify your damages and estimate the value of your economic losses to calculate the value of your claim.
- Your lawyer will prepare to file a claim with the insurance company, where applicable.
- You can expect your attorney to handle all of the negotiations with the insurance company to ensure you are not taken advantage of.
- If your insurance settlement does not completely cover your damages, or the insurance company is unwilling to compensate you fairly for your suffering, your lawyer will prepare to bring your bus accident claim to trial.
In some cases, you may be able to avoid going to court by settling with the insurance company. However, if bringing your case to court is the best way to maximize the amount of compensation you are awarded, doing so may be in your best interests. With a reputable bus accident lawyer in Murray by your side, you can take that control of your life.
Murray Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Value of Your Murray Bus Accident Damages
Calculating the value of your bus accident damages will be critical if you hope to be compensated for every loss. Many bus accident victims hope to recover compensation for their loss of income, the costs of replacing their vehicles or making repairs, and perhaps their lost income.
However, you might be shocked to discover that you can actually be compensated for all of the ways your life has been affected by your bus accident and any injuries you sustained after the fact. Some of these damages could include:
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering is not a quantified loss because it can impact every person’s life differently. Pain and suffering can also take many forms, including humiliation, pain, emotional distress, inconvenience, anticipation, fear, indignity, shame, embarrassment, reputational damage, and more.
- Medical expenses – You have the right to be compensated for every single medical expense related to your bus accident injuries. These might include prescription medication costs, medical equipment fees, co-pays, transportation costs, hospital bills, ambulance bills, and future medical care.
- Reduced earning capacity – Reduced earning potential does not only include the amount of money you lost by being required to take time off work. You have the right to be repaid for your loss of retirement savings contributions, vacation pay, bonus pay, holiday pay, paid time off, and potential increases to your salary as well.
Your Murray bus accident attorney will be responsible for going over your damages in great detail to ensure you are being compensated accordingly. You can find out more about how much your bus accident claim is worse after discussing your losses in depth with your attorney.
Meet with a Bus Accident Lawyer in Murray Today
Are you ready to make the liable party pay for their negligence? If so, our dedicated Murray bus accident lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help.
Let us handle the legalities of your case while you recuperate. Find out more about what is next for your bus accident claim when you fill out our quick contact or call our office to schedule a free case evaluation.