If you suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the Madisonville area, you could qualify for financial compensation. Another person or party might have caused your accident and could be liable for your injuries and suffering.
If you are interested in learning more about your legal options, speaking to a Madisonville traumatic brain injury lawyer could help you decide if filing a claim or lawsuit is right for you.
How a Lawyer From Our Firm Could Be Helpful in Your TBI Case
You do not have to face the legal system alone. Hiring our lawyers could be an option as you fight for the justice you deserve. Some of the ways our personal injury lawyers could be beneficial include:
- Presenting your case in a legally sound and organized manner
- Helping you understand the type and amount of compensation you could qualify for
- Acting as your support system in the aftermath of your injury
- Assisting with tedious and time-consuming legal paperwork so you can focus on the important things in life
- Keeping your case on track by alerting you when a legal deadline is approaching
- Answering your questions
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Madisonville, call 800-333-9999
We Will Fight for Compensation for Victims of TBI in Madisonville
Compensation for TBI could include one or more of the following:
- Damages for emotional suffering you experienced
- Reimbursement for medical expenses
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Damages for a decreased quality of life
- Compensation for any ongoing care expenses if you are dependent on others following your accident
- Punitive damages are sometimes awarded as a form of punishment for responsible parties.
Many factors can determine compensation for traumatic brain injuries. A legal team with knowledge of personal injury law could give you a sense of recoverable compensation in your case. Such factors affecting your damages could include the extent of your suffering, duration of your injuries, and much more.
If you wonder how much you could qualify for, you might want to speak with our traumatic brain injury lawyers serving Madisonville.
Madisonville Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries Our Firm Sees
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 223,000 hospitalizations in The United States were related to traumatic brain injuries in 2019 alone.
Traumatic brain injuries can occur in many ways. The cause of your injury is important because it can determine if you have a valid case. Causes of traumatic brain injuries that could be grounds for legal action include but are not limited to:
- During recreational activities such as skiing, boating, playing contact sports
- Motor vehicle accident, bicycle accident, pedestrian accident, or other incident on the roads
- Slip and fall accidents possibly caused by an unsafe property
- Accidents at work
- Trauma due to intentional violence or assault
- Animal attacks
- Medical malpractice
Negligence and Liability
One of the primary ways accidents occur is due to negligence. Negligence can refer to many behaviors, generally categorized as the failure of a person or entity or act reasonably or safely. Examples of negligence include:
- A driver operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving recklessly, speeding, failing to obey traffic law, driving while distracted, or engaging in any activity that increases the risk of an accident
- An employer failing to adhere to safety protocols or putting their employees in an unnecessarily dangerous work environment
- Medical providers deviating from the standards of medical care, or making a mistake while providing care, that ultimately leads to a traumatic brain injury
- Caregivers failing to appropriately supervise dependent adults leading to a fall or other injury causing a TBI
- Property owners neglecting to keep their premises safe in a way that could lead to an injury including broken guardrails or slippery surfaces
If your injury was caused by another person’s negligence, we could help. We can help you review your options and decide if pursuing a claim or lawsuit is appropriate in your case.
We Have a History of Winning Personal Injury Cases Like Yours
Our team has a long history of success with personal injury cases in Kentucky and beyond. In fact, we have collected over $1 billion in damages for clients in the various practice areas we serve.
Take a look at some of our past case victories to learn more about how you could potentially recover compensation in your case. Remember, you could have a limited amount of time to file your claim based on Kentucky state law.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Window To Act After a TBI Injury in Madisonville Is Closing
According to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits not involving vehicle accidents is one year. A year can go by quickly, and the clock starts ticking from the time of your accident or the onset of your injuries. You have two years under Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 for car accident-related lawsuits.
In short, you might not have much time to act. Our team is available to discuss your case today.
Do Not Worry About the Cost To Hire a Lawyer for a TBI Case From Our Firm
If you are concerned about the cost of hiring a lawyer, you are not alone. Hiring a legal team can be expensive, especially when you are already filled with uncertainty.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers taking Madisonville cases do not charge any upfront fees or costs until you win your traumatic brain injury case. That means you can let go of the financial burden of legal fees unless you receive compensation.
Contact Our Team Today So Our Madisonville Lawyers Can Start on Your Case
Life after a traumatic brain injury may never be quite the same. It is unfair that you are suffering when another party may have caused your accident, but thankfully, you could pursue justice by filing a claim.
Our team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is available to help you understand your options. Contact us for a free consultation today.