Traumatic epilepsy, also known as a traumatic seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder that stems from trauma to the head or brain. Regardless of how a victim has acquired traumatic epilepsy, this condition can lead to life-altering complications.
Are you one of the thousands of people living with traumatic epilepsy? Did your condition arise from another party’s negligence? If so, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is here to advocate for you. Today, you can call to learn about partnering with a Louisville traumatic epilepsy lawyer. Attorney Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs is ready to hear from you now.
How Much does It Cost to Hire an Injury Attorney from Our Firm?
Lawyers have a reputation for being expensive – but that’s a baseless misconception. At least for our firm. Since we first opened our doors, we’ve advocated for brain injury claimants on a contingency-fee basis. For you, this means:
- We don’t charge anything to start investigating your case.
- You pay nothing from your savings for our help.
- A pre-determined portion of your settlement will pay for our services.
A traumatic brain injury can jeopardize your financial stability. We don’t want to add to that stress. That’s why we strive to make our help affordable to everyone who wants it.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic epilepsy lawyer serving Louisville, call 800-333-9999
How a Louisville Traumatic Epilepsy Lawyer Can Help
Our injury team can:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the events surrounding your accident
- Gather adequate evidence, including medical records and doctor’s notes, to prove the extent of your condition
- Work closely with accident reconstruction experts to determine the cause of the accident
- Identify potentially liable parties
- Answer all your questions regarding the case from start to finish
- Handle all the legal paperwork and communication between you and the defendant’s attorneys
- Defend you against any unsubstantiated claims the other party makes
- Calculate your injury-related losses
- Negotiate for what you need
- Present your case in front of a Louisville judge or jury (if necessary)
We offer customized legal help to those in need. You can start your free case review now.
Louisville Traumatic Epilepsy Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Damages You Can Get from a Successful Brain Injury Settlement
Recoverable damages in your case could comprise:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost income and job-related benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that severe epilepsy can turn fatal. We know this information does little to quell your grief if you lost a loved one. It may help to know that we manage wrongful death cases. In those situations, compensation can account for funeral, burial, and end-of-life care expenses.
We Must Act Within Kentucky’s Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations dictates how long you have to file an injury lawsuit. Kentucky has different filing deadlines for different injury cases. Consider the following:
- Per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230, you have only two years to file a lawsuit if you’ve suffered traumatic epilepsy due to a motor vehicle collision.
- Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1) affirms that you only have a year to take legal action if you suffered a non-fatal injury from another situation, such as a slip and fall.
- Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180 states that you have a year to file a wrongful death lawsuit if you’ve recently lost a loved one to traumatic epilepsy.
The last thing you need right now is to worry about your case’s filing deadline. By connecting with our team, you can put those worries to rest and focus on moving forward.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Advocate for Louisville Residents Who Have Suffered Injuries in These Situations
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers advocates for brain injury claimants who have suffered harm due to:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
The collisions between cars, buses, trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, and pedestrians are some of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries that result in epilepsy. In these situations, we can pursue damages from the at-fault party’s insurance provider. The Commonwealth of Kentucky notes that all motorists must carry liability coverage.
We’ve recovered millions for motor vehicle collision claimants. We once recovered a $1.49 million settlement for a woman hurt in a highway accident – and that’s just one of our many successful outcomes.
Slip and Fall Accidents
The CDC notes that falls are among the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. These incidents can arise from slippery walkways, poorly maintained stairwells, dim lighting, and other causes. You could sue the property owner if you injured yourself on their premises. Our team can evaluate your coverage options and seek what you need.
Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Seniors are especially prone to falls and other incidents that can cause brain injuries. Nursing homes must make sure their residents are properly supervised to avoid preventable conditions.
Traumatic epilepsy can arise from medical malpractice in many different ways. For instance, oxygen deprivation can kill brain cells and throw off the organ’s chemistry. Errors made during surgery can also lead to life-altering conditions.
We can identify the negligent healthcare provider and pursue them for damages.
We Also Advocate for People Who Have Suffered These Conditions
Generally, any brain or head injury can result in traumatic epilepsy. However, the following are the most common brain injuries associated with traumatic epilepsy and the development of seizures:
- Bleeding inside the brain
- Open head injuries
- Skull fractures
- Penetrating injuries to the skull and brain
- Blunt force head trauma
- Injuries that tear brain fibers or kill brain cells
We proudly serve traumatic brain injury claimants. We’d be honored to manage your legal matters.
Contact Us to Begin a Free Case Review
If you have traumatic epilepsy due to someone else’s negligent behavior, consider contacting a Louisville traumatic epilepsy lawyer to discover your legal options.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our team is ready to fight for the damages you need. Begin your free case review today.