Rideshare accidents, whether they involve a Lyft or Uber driver, can be as devastating as any other car crash. Those involved in these car accidents might experience severe injuries like spinal damage or broken bones.
If you were involved in a rideshare accident, you could have legal recourse. You could receive compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered. A Louisville rideshare accident lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can be your legal representative and ensure that all your questions are answered.
How Much Could I Receive in Rideshare Settlement Money?
Rideshare accidents involve a lot of moving parts. For example, your insurance coverage and the at-fault party’s insurance coverage could apply. Similarly, the severity and type of injuries you’ve suffered can impact your case.
These factors differ from case to case. Therefore, it’s nearly impossible to guess what a rideshare case may be worth without an expert legal review. However, rideshare accidents typically share one commonality—the type of damages involved:
- Emotional trauma
- The loss of a loved one
- Pain and suffering
- Emergency medical treatment
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitative programs
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced capacity to earn wages
A Louisville rideshare accident attorney can investigate your case. With their expertise, they can assign a fair settlement valuation.
How Does Rideshare Insurance Work?
Both Uber and Lyft provide third-party liability insurance coverage to their drivers. However, this coverage depends on the context of the accident. Briefly, if a rideshare driver injured you in a car accident, you’d be considered the “third party,” meaning you could receive a payout from this coverage.
- If the driver’s app is off and they drove their vehicle for personal use: Uber and Lyft will not provide insurance coverage.
- If the driver’s app is on as they wait for an assignment: Uber and Lyft will provide up to $100,000 in liability coverage.
- If the driver is actively delivering or on their way to pick up passengers: Uber and Lyft provide up to $1 million in liability coverage.
This coverage means that the context of your rideshare accident will affect your potential insurance settlement. In addition, if you’ve received a settlement offer that you believe is unfair, a Louisville rideshare accident law firm could represent you.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Louisville, call 800-333-9999
Benefits of Hiring a Louisville Rideshare Accident Lawyer
A Louisville rideshare accident lawyer can act as your chief representative and legal guide. Here’s what our team will do:
- Investigate your case
- Build your case and make a compelling argument for a fair settlement
- Advise you during insurance negotiations
- File a lawsuit if needed
- Speak with involved parties on your behalf
Protecting You From Bad-Faith Insurance Practices
Rideshare accidents typically involve settlement talks with insurance companies. Frequently, accident victims assume that the at-fault party’s insurance is on their side.
However, insurance companies usually seek to offer the lowest settlement rather than help you recover. Their goal is to settle the case with the lowest payout possible. As such, they may:
- Use your recorded statement to poke holes in your case
- Offer you a lowball settlement
- Take advantage of your financially compromised position
An experienced rideshare accident attorney serving Louisville will be intimately familiar with these practices. They can use their expertise to fight for a fair settlement.
Louisville Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Your Rideshare Accident Case Has a Deadline
Louisville rideshare accidents are subject to Kentucky’s statute of limitations. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 offers victims a two-year deadline after their accident.
If your rideshare accident involved the passing of a loved one, this deadline is typically one year, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180.
Both these statutes are subject to a range of legal caveats. As a result, your deadline may be longer or shorter depending on your case. A Louisville rideshare accident lawyer can help you stay on top of your paperwork and ensure that you meet your deadlines.
What Should I Do After a Rideshare Accident?
Collecting evidence after a rideshare accident should be your priority. Evidence from an accident can include:
- Photos of the accident scene
- Contact information
- Medical reports
- Dashcam or traffic footage
You will also need to file a police report. In Kentucky, you must file this report within 10 days of the accident. You can access this report later with the help of a rideshare accident attorney. It may prove helpful as evidence in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
400 Years of Combined Rideshare Accident Experience
Our firm can draw on years of experience to build your case. Since our inception, we’ve won hundreds of cases for our clients. Our attorneys have recovered over $1 billion in settlement money. A few of our highest car accident case settlements include:
- $1 million for a woman struck by an out-of-control driver
- $1.125 million for a woman struck head-on who sustained serious injuries
- $2.7 million for a man whose arm was paralyzed in a car accident
Positive testimonials from our clients join these strong case results:
- “I just have to say that I have been treated great by Isaacs & Isaacs. They have walked me through every step and Stephanie keeps checking on me to make sure I’m alright and if there’s anything she can do to help. I hate that I had to meet them this way but I’m glad they’re on my side.”– Micheal Cox
- “I have had the best experience with Isaacs & Isaacs. Cherry and Karen have been very helpful and accommodating with me. If there’s anything that I don’t understand, they don’t mind explaining the issue and assuring me that everything will be fine.”– Diane W.
Can I Afford Your Legal Services?
Securing a rideshare accident attorney from our firm is easier than you might think. We work on contingency, meaning you won’t pay any upfront costs or fees. This includes our free case evaluations.
Our Lawyers Are Ready to Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we will fight to have you join our legion of satisfied clients for whom we’ve recovered compensation.
Our legal expertise is a phone call or click away. In addition, we have Spanish-speaking paralegals and attorneys on our staff. So, you don’t need to face an insurance company on your own. Contact us today!