Louisville has a vibrant economy with various companies offering employment in several sectors. Workers’ compensation insurance covers most work-related accidents and illnesses, but sometimes there can be problems with your case. If you’re experiencing problems, connect with a Louisville workers’ compensation lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.
Can a Louisville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Help Me?
Cases involving problems with workers’ compensation can be complicated, but you can be confident your workers’ comp lawyer will:
- Closely study your case
- Decide on the best strategy to employ
- Gather all relevant documentation
- If necessary, talk to witnesses of the accident or injury
- Handle all correspondence and negotiations on your behalf
- Make sure you’re up to date on all aspects of your case
- Answer any questions you might have
Hiring a personal injury lawyer from our firm will allow you to focus on your recovery and less on the legal side of earning the compensation you need.
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Louisville, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages from Workers’ Compensation
The idea behind the workers’ compensation system is a worker shouldn’t lose out financially because of an accident at work or an illness caused by their job. For example, you can claim workers’ compensation if you slip on an oil patch and break your leg. Remember, once you receive your compensation, you lose your right to sue your employer for negligence.
Workers’ compensation will typically cover:
- Immediate and future medical expenses; this will include treatment like physical therapy. This may also include costs related to an illness caused by work. For example, someone who works with chemicals might contract an illness related to exposure to those chemicals.
- Lost wages while you are out of work temporarily or permanently.
- A short or long-term disability affecting the employee’s ability to work.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- Additional death benefits for the family of the deceased worker.
Your workers’ compensation lawyer serving Jefferson County will include all possible recoverable damages as part of your claim. Keep all documentation regarding your injury and expenditures to include as evidence in your case.
Louisville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Time Limit for Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
If you have an accident at work, you must report it to management immediately. Even so, the law allows you 30 days to report your accident. Your employer then has 30 days to contact their insurance provider regarding your workers’ compensation claim.
Legal statutes of limitations (time limits on filing a lawsuit) don’t usually apply to workers’ compensation cases because the worker typically loses the right to file a lawsuit for an injury.
If you have the option to file a lawsuit, however, a workers’ compensation lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you understand the deadline and file your suit. Your lawyer will stick with you until a fair result is reached and guide you through the different legal processes.
How do I Pay for My Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency basis. Our clients don’t pay us a cent unless and until we settle their cases. As there are no hidden costs, this can be to your advantage, especially because we will push to get the highest possible settlement.
Furthermore, the amount you will pay your lawyer will be established beforehand and deducted from the compensation won.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Overview of Workers’ Compensation
Individual states regulate workers’ compensation, so there are differences depending on where you are, but Kentucky legislation compensates workers for a job-related accident or illness. Employees must take time off work to recover from their injuries or illness.
A workers’ compensation system:
- Covers most workers
- Requires an employer to pay the insurance premiums and keep payments up to date
- Establishes a time limit to claim compensation
- Protects the employer from being sued. If workers are paid workers’ compensation, they can’t make a legal claim against their employer.
- Allows employers to take out insurance with an authorized private insurer or get insurance from the state
Problems With Workers’ Compensation
If you work in a factory with fifty other people and your employer follows all the regulations that apply to your sector, you should have few problems with receiving workers’ compensation. Unfortunately, workers’ compensation insurance doesn’t reflect some of the realities of the modern workplace.
Other Workers’ Compensation Situations
- Many workers are freelancers who work in the so-called “gig economy” with a limited contract or no contract at all. Workers’ compensation may not apply to these people, and you might need a lawyer to sort out any work-related problems.
- People who work for a business with only three or fewer employees may not be covered.
- Temporary, domestic, and agricultural workers may also find the system doesn’t apply to their situation.
- Illegal or undocumented workers aren’t covered.
Other complications can arise during a workers’ compensation case, so it’s recommended you hire a lawyer for help.
Let’s Get Started Today
We know that injuries and illnesses happen at all hours, so you can contact us 24/7. Don’t hesitate to call us as soon as possible so we can get started on your case. Once you decide to hire Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll be hiring a team that will work on getting you the best result possible.
Our firm offers a free consultation that allows us to look at your case and decide on the best strategy to follow. You are under no obligation to continue with us after this consultation. But a Louisville workers’ compensation lawyer will do everything in their power to secure the compensation you are entitled to. We know how hard it is to move on with life when you’re injured on the job, so let us help in your time of need.