Unfortunately, ridesharing can result in terrible car accidents. Moreover, these momentous accidents can cause grave injuries and significant bills. If you or a loved one suffered an accident that involves a Lyft car, you can sometimes recover compensation for your injuries.
After seeking medical attention, you can contact a Louisville Lyft accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to help with your case. Our team has licensed attorneys across Kentucky and we can help you pursue compensation for the damages while you focus on recovery.
How a Lyft Accident Lawyer in Louisville Can Help
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team have over 400 years of combined legal experience. We can review your case, answer your legal questions, and help you by:
- Interviewing witnesses
- Collecting and reviewing evidence, such as video surveillance of the accident
- Establishing liability for the accident
- Preparing your paperwork
- Ensuring all legal procedures are followed in a timely and professional manner
- Communicating with insurance representatives on your behalf
Many personal injury cases don’t reach the courtroom. Insurance companies sometimes seek to settle the claim before things get that far. Our team has recuperated over $1 billion in compensation for our prior clients.
We can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and fight for a fair settlement for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving Louisville, call 800-333-9999
How Much Compensation Can I Claim After a Louisville Lyft Accident?
How much compensation you can receive depends on the severity of injuries and expenses you have to manage because of your accident. However, you can sometimes recover:
- Medical expenses associated with your injuries, including immediate treatment and long-term expenses, such as physical therapy or in-home care
- Loss of income and reduced earning capacity, since your future earnings might be less than you would have earned because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering, such as long-term physical problems and mental stress
- Damage to your property, such as your car and any possessions you had inside
- Burial and funeral expenses, if the Lyft accident led to the loss of a loved one
Louisville Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Insurance Coverage for a Louisville Lyft Accident
Lyft drivers are required to maintain auto insurance that meets the minimum Kentucky state coverage requirements. However, personal insurance policies may not apply while actively driving with Lyft. Therefore, Lyft also maintains rideshare insurance to safeguard its drivers and passengers.
Rideshare insurance applies in the following situations:
- If the Lyft app is on and the driver is waiting for an assignment
- If the Lyft app is on and the driver is fulfilling a ride or en route to pick up passengers (if personal insurance does not apply)
Lyft’s insurance doesn’t cover an accident that occurs while the app is offline. Personal insurance will apply in this case.
The Statute of Limitations in a Louisville Lyft Accident
The statute of limitations is the time limit allowed by the state to file a claim. Per Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally two years from the date of the accident in Kentucky. Although there can be exceptions, you should assume that this limit applies to your case.
Nonetheless, our team can ensure your case is filed promptly to avoid dismissal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Fees Associated with a Louisville Lyft Accident Attorney
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that any accident can cause stress and financial difficulty. You might have to take time off work and, in turn, struggle to meet the bills that keep coming in. Luckily, you don’t need to worry about the costs or fees upfront, because we operate on a contingency basis.
You don’t pay us until we win or settle your case.
Common Causes of Louisville Lyft Accidents
Lyft accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including negligent driving. The Lyft driver or a third-party driver can be negligent for the accident by:
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Distracted driving, such as operating electronic devices
- Driving under the influence
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to utilize signals when merging or turning
Our attorneys can investigate your accident and establish liability to fight for fair compensation for your injuries.
Possible Injuries from a Louisville Lyft Accident
Lyft accidents can result in painful injuries for passengers, Lyft drivers, and other third parties, including:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts and bruises
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
It is important to seek medical attention for any injury, regardless of how severe, to ensure proper care and recovery. Moreover, some injuries, such as a TBI, may not be immediately noticeable following the accident. Therefore, you will want to follow up with your doctors, especially if you develop new symptoms or your condition isn’t healing properly.
Maintaining a detailed medical record can help with your case. Our team can use your diagnoses and receipts to fight for fair compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Lyft Accident Attorney in Louisville Today
Lyft accidents can cause significant injuries and monstrous medical expenses. Fortunately, you can sometimes recuperate compensation for your injuries.
Let our team handle your case while you focus on recovery. We can establish liability, build your case, and fight for fair compensation for your damages. Call us today for a free case review.