Bicycling is becoming a more and more popular mode of transportation for Americans. It comes with many benefits such as exercise, enjoyment, and saving on fuel. Communities across the country have put safety measures like bike lanes in place to help keep bikers safe. Even with safety measures, bike accidents still occur.
After getting in a bike accident, many people are left with road rash, scratches, or bruises. In some cases, someone might be left with a severe, life-altering injury. If you have been injured in a bike accident, you could be entitled to recover compensation. A Logansport bicycle accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate your accident to determine who should be held liable.
Types of Damages You Could Recover in a Bicycle Accident Case
Determining how much a case is worth comes down to the value of damages. Damages refer to a sum of money the court orders someone to pay for injuring someone else. Damages you could recover in a bicycle accident case include:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
Our attorneys can review your damages and calculate the value of compensation you can seek in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Logansport, call 800-333-9999
Our Logansport Bicycle Accident Lawyers Can Investigate Your Case
When you hire our firm, we do what it takes to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. Our investigation will include:
- Reviewing the accident report
- Compiling evidence from the accident scene such as pictures or video surveillance footage
- Getting statements from witnesses
- Identifying who was at fault for the accident
- Negotiating a settlement
- Fighting for your right to recover compensation in a trial
Our goal is to reach a fair settlement to avoid a trial. If a settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to represent you in a trial.
We Can Be by Your Side Through Your Entire Case
A bicycle accident can be a traumatic event in your life. After an accident, your main focus should be on recovering from your injuries. We don’t want you to have to deal with insurance companies alone. We can manage communications with insurance companies and doctor’s offices on your behalf. Our firm is different from other firms because:
- We have an in-house litigation team. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our litigation team can be prepared to bring your case in front of a jury.
- We have recovered over $1 billion for our past clients.
- Our attorneys have over 400 years of combined legal experience.
- We have Spanish-speaking team members.
Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not have to pay any upfront fees or costs. You only pay for our legal services if you successfully recover compensation.
Logansport Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Common Reasons Bicycle Accidents Occur
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, several primary factors contribute to bicycle traffic accidents. They include:
- Distracted driving: When drivers are texting, talking on the phone, or eating while driving, they are considered distracted. Because bicycles are smaller than a typical motor vehicle, it is easier for a distracted driver to not see the bicyclist and hit them.
- Driving while intoxicated: Motorists who drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol have impaired judgment and make mistakes while driving. Mistakes drivers make while intoxicated include swerving into other lanes, running red lights and stop signs, and driving too closely.
- Weather conditions: Rain, snow, or fog could cause motorists to not see a bicyclist on the road. If there is snow or ice on the roads, it is more likely a motor vehicle could slide into a bicycle.
- Poor road conditions: Road conditions such as potholes, uneven paths, or defects with the road or sidewalk could cause accidents for a bicyclist.
Who Is Liable for a Bike Accident?
Several people or entities could be held liable for a bicycle accident. Once our attorneys investigate the cause of the accident, we can determine who is liable. People or entities that could be held liable include a:
- Motorist: If the motorist was acting negligently in any way by driving aggressively, speeding, driving while intoxicated, driving while distracted, or driving while fatigued, they could be held liable for the accident.
- Government entity: If the accident occurred because of a defective or dangerous road, the government entity that is responsible for taking care of that part of the road could be held responsible.
- Car parts manufacturer or mechanic: If the accident was caused by a faulty car part, the manufacturer could be held liable. The mechanic could be held responsible if the part was installed incorrectly.
Negligence from multiple people or entities could occur if several factors caused the accident. During our investigation, we can identify all liable parties.
You Have a Limited Time to Act
The state of Indiana has put a statute of limitations in place in regard to personal injury accidents. According to IC § 34-11-2-4, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. Once two years have passed, you may not be able to recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Speaking with our attorneys soon after the accident will give us an adequate amount of time to prepare your case before the statute of limitations time is up.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Review Your Case for Free
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we offer free consultations to our potential clients. A member of our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call. We will review the details of your case and inform you of what our firm can do to help you recover compensation. A Logansport bicycle accident lawyer from our firm will listen to what happened during the accident and begin building a solid case strategy.
Going through the claims process or a lawsuit can be a stressful time. We can support you through the entirety of your case. Our attorneys can provide frequent status updates, so you always know what is going on with your case. Contact us today so we can start fighting for you to receive the compensation you are entitled to.