Were you hurt on the job in Kentucky? A Lexington workers’ comp lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help if you are filing a legal claim. In Kentucky, workers’ compensation is a state-endorsed insurance program that protects workers injured in the line of duty.
The program guarantees benefits for employees hurt at work, regardless of the party at fault. But as straightforward as a Lexington workers’ compensation case sounds, complications can always arise.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
People seeking workers’ compensation consider many factors. They must consider how much they are claiming and whether the amount can sustain them and their families. In some cases, claims are denied or amounts are lowered when insurance companies bully victims into accepting anything.
A personal injury lawyer is a valuable asset for anyone filing for workers’ compensation. They will fight for you to ensure you receive what you’re due. A workers’ compensation lawyer is always prepared to help:
- Handle all legal requirements: Every claims process requires proof and lawyers know how to get it. If required, an attorney from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can build a strong claim by collecting and presenting evidence, proof, and witnesses.
- Help you calculate claim amounts: Filing a claim is not as simple as filling out a document and getting money. The calculations involved must consider all current and future expenses until the time you’re able to work again.
- Negotiate settlement agreements: Most people don’t know claims are negotiable. When your employer’s insurers send lawyers to intimidate you, your attorney can bargain with them to win you a fair settlement.
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensations lawyer serving Lexington, call 800-333-9999
What Are Some Recoverable Damages in a Workers’ Compensation Case?
The damages in a workers’ compensation claim depend on the worker’s unique case. But some of the most common injuries covered by workers’ compensation include:
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI): This arises from repeated use of specific body parts, such as the wrist, forearm, and elbow.
- Illness related to poor working conditions: This can happen due to dangerous environments, for example, an area with space and lighting the employer could improve.
- Physical trauma: These physical injuries include falls, fires, and explosions that require immediate care.
- Mental injuries: Also known as psychological injuries, they include anxiety, PTSD, and depression.
- Occupational diseases: These range from hearing loss and cancer to viruses contracted from the work environment.
After the work-related injuries are determined, workers’ compensation claims aim to provide coverage. Your Fayette County attorney is expected to work closely with physicians and witnesses to document support for your claim. Workers’ compensation in Kentucky covers the following damages for victims.
- Costs of medical and disability expenses
- Vocational rehabilitation expenses
- Interest on any amount delayed in disbursement
- Attorneys’ fees and court costs.
Lexington Workers’ Compensations Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
When Should I File a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
In Kentucky, you should file your workers’ compensation claim as soon as possible as you have limited time to. However, coverage extends to cases where individuals discover the damage later (weeks or months) but can connect it to a work incident.
An easier way to understand the time limits for filing for workers’ compensation is that it’s dependent on two factors:
- The exact date of your workplace injury
- The date of your last payment
Attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers advise their clients to file early. This way, you can get access to all the necessary tools (witnesses, medical and employment records) you need to make a successful claim.
Do I Need to Pay for a Lawyer Upfront?
If you or a loved one work with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, you won’t have to pay anything up front. The law firm covers all initial costs for clients to ensure their services are accessible to all that need them.
Our contingency-fee basis means you will only pay us if your claim is awarded. Additionally, our fee comes from your compensation, not your pocket.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Can Disqualify You from Kentucky Workers’ Compensation Benefits
The workers’ compensation system in Kentucky is a no-fault system. If an accident occurs while you’re performing duties within your job description (whether you’re responsible or not), you’re still covered.
However, some conditions can disqualify an employee from receiving workers’ compensation benefits. The exceptions include:
- Substance-use-related injuries: An intoxicated worker is prone to making mistakes or acting negligently. Drug use can disqualify a worker from making successful workers’ compensation claims.
- Failure to Adhere to Kentucky’s Workers’ Compensation Act: A claimant’s failure to meet the expectations of the act can also jeopardize their benefits. Examples include failure to report injuries, refusing return to work orders, and failure to cooperate with employers or physicians.
- Fighting: Some workplace injuries occur when employees fight. Workers’ compensation benefits do not cover injuries that occur in such cases.
- Horseplay: Pranks are common in all workplaces, but sometimes they can cause harm for those involved. When horseplay leads to injuries in the workplace, they aren’t covered in compensation.
While workers’ compensation is designed to protect workers and ensure they are catered for as they recover, they are expected to follow set guidelines. If you’re unsure of your expectations while seeking workers’ compensation, consult with our Lexington workers’ compensation lawyer.
Begin Working with Our Lexington Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
A workers’ compensation claim can seem straightforward to some workers. But there are some situations where hiring a lawyer can be a wise decision. If you doubt whether your claim is of high or low value, have trouble accepting a settlement, or your claim was denied, you could use an attorney by your side.
Avoid falling victim to insurance tricks and work with a dedicated workers’ compensation lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. We offer a free consultation for clients needing legal assistance. And once we take your case, we’ll be with you at every step. There are no risks or obligations.