Imagine you’ve pulled up at the lights at a junction when the car behind you rear-ends your vehicle. You are suddenly thrown back and forth. If this sounds like a situation you’ve experienced, you might want to contact our Lexington whiplash injury lawyers from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your case.
How Our Whiplash Injury Lawyers Can Help
In a best-case scenario, the other driver admits that the accident was their fault; you swap insurance details, shake hands, and carry on. You might decide that you don’t need to call a lawyer, but perhaps you should.
Most personal injury cases don’t go to court. Insurance companies may settle before things get that far. An insurance company may try to pay as little as possible and use experienced negotiators to get you to accept what they offer.
Our personal injury lawyers from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can:
- Investigate your accident in detail
- Compile a file of relevant evidence
- Establish who was liable for your accident
- Prepare and present your case per established procedures
- Handle all negotiations and correspondence for you
- Determine the amount that you can claim
- Keep you up to date on your case’s progress
- Answer any questions that you may have
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Lexington, call 800-333-9999
What Should I Do After the Accident?
Following your involvement in an accident, you should:
- Get immediate medical attention
- Call the police for them to file a police report
- Get the other driver’s insurance details
- Ask any witnesses to give you their contact details
- Take notes and photos while everything is fresh in your memory
- Don’t tell the other driver that you’re okay or that it was partly your fault. Insurance companies might use anything you say to dispute your claim.
- Contact a lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to start the legal proceedings
Lexington Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Much Can I Claim?
Compensation may vary at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers since every case differs.
Some damages may include:
- Compensation for medical expenses that you incur because of your accident; this may include immediate treatment and future costs for physical therapy, long-term prescriptions, and treatment
- Compensation for loss of earnings and loss of earning capacity; you might need to take time off work, or your accident might have long-term effects that mean you can’t work as efficiently as before
- Pain and suffering; accidents can have mental as well as physical consequences
The Time Limit to File Your Case
Like most places, Kentucky establishes a time limit for compensation claims due to the statute of limitations Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230. The time limit to file your case is two years from the date of your accident. This statute of limitations stops people from making claims years after the event when liability might be challenging to prove.
There is some flexibility in the rule, and there may be some exceptions. But it would be best if you assumed that the two-year rule applies to your case. It’s essential to get started on your claim as quickly as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Does a Lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Cost?
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that cost is a big worry for many people. You should concentrate on improving your health, primarily since we work on a contingency fee basis.
A contingency fee basis means we take a percentage of the payment for our services from your final settlement. There are no hidden fees, no deposits, and no hourly rates. If we don’t win, we don’t get paid.
Causes and Symptoms of Whiplash Injuries
A whiplash injury happens when your neck is thrown violently forward and backward. Most of these injuries improve after a few weeks of treatment, rest, and special exercise. However, sometimes the injury is more severe and can have consequences that last for years.
A rear-end collision is one of the most common causes of a whiplash injury. Other circumstances can cause these injuries, but car accidents are the most likely.
A whiplash injury can cause damage to:
- The bones in your spine
- Muscles and ligaments in the neck area
- Nerves and tissues
- The disks in your upper spinal column
Common symptoms of a whiplash injury are:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck area
- Severe pain when you try to move your neck
- Pain in your upper back, arms, or shoulders
- Difficulty moving your neck
It’s important to have a medical professional check your injuries as soon as possible. What might seem like a trivial pain at first might be hiding more severe damage. We can then use such documentation of your injuries to support your case as you seek compensation for your injuries.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
The sooner you contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, the better. When you call, we can schedule you for a free case evaluation.
We can examine your case and tell you how we think you should proceed. It is also an opportunity to get to know our team and ask all the questions you like. We are on your side as we seek compensation for your injuries and damages.