In Lexington, all drivers are legally required to have auto insurance. However, some have inadequate premiums or no premiums at all. In such a situation, it becomes a hassle to get fair compensation if you get into an accident and they are the liable party.
It would be unfair to take on the financial and emotional burden of an accident you didn’t cause, so the federal government has established laws to protect you. It’s in your best interest to work with a Lexington uninsured motorist lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to learn the best legal course of action.
Should I Hire an Uninsured Motorist Lawyer in Lexington?
While hiring a trained legal representative is not mandatory, it could make a difference in the outcome of your case. First, insurance companies can hire the best accident reconstructionists and lawyers to plead their case and ensure they spend as little as possible on your compensation.
Hiring our team means you will have an equally good team to argue the facts of the accident. Besides that, we will take over all the legal aspects of your case, allowing you to concentrate your energies on your recovery journey.
Part of our job includes the following aspects:
- Filing the necessary paperwork within the deadline
- Gathering the evidence required to make your case as strong as possible
- Studying the details of the case extensively to know who was liable for your injuries
- Giving you advice on the best legal actions to take as the case progresses
- Scheduling appointments to give you periodic updates on the case
- Looking for any loopholes, e.g., stackable insurance premiums that will ensure you get the rightful settlement
- Approaching the liable insurance parties and beginning a negotiation back and forth
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit if settlement talks fail
- Representing you in court if we file a lawsuit
- Working with different professionals to know how much, on average, it will take you to recover fully from the accident
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorist lawyer serving Lexington, call 800-333-9999
Can I Receive Compensation After an Accident Caused by an Uninsured Motorist?
In Kentucky, all motorists are legally required to take out a PIP insurance policy that will cover their medical bills up to a minimum of $10,000 after an accident, regardless of who was at fault. However, you or your loved one could have suffered injuries costing more than that, plus non-economic damages.
In such a situation, it’s our duty to prove you deserve higher compensation and argue with insurance lawyers over why we believe so. Some of the things we will factor in your case include:
- Amount of lost wages
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent or temporary physical disability
- Funeral costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as domestic help for the house or taxi money to various appointments
- Reduced quality of life
- Medical expenses already spent and for any future needs
- Legal fees
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
Lexington Uninsured Motorist Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Statute of Limitations for Kentucky Auto Accidents
As per Kentucky’s no-fault laws, you can only file a lawsuit if the accident case meets certain conditions. With that said, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Kentucky is two years from the date of the accident (Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230).
If the victim succumbs to their injuries, the statute of limitations is still two years, but the countdown begins from the date of death (Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.180).
Other Deadlines Involving Uninsured Motorists
The state legally requires you to file a written accident report within ten days after the accident. The aforementioned law applies if the accident resulted in injury, death, or property damage exceeding $50,000. If you have an uninsured motorist lawyer in Lexington or happen to call the police to the scene of the accident, you shouldn’t have to worry about the crash report, as they will file it for you.
Also, insurance companies have different time frames within which you should notify them of the accident; for some companies, the limit is as tiny as 36 hours, so make sure you confirm.
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Lexington Uninsured Motorist Attorney?
Afraid of high legal fees, some people choose to represent themselves in court after getting into an accident with an uninsured motorist. But you don’t have to worry or go it alone. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we work to provide the best legal care for our clients, so we work on a contingency basis.
Essentially, we don’t charge clients of personal injury cases any money upfront or during their case. We will represent you and only take a percentage out of your final settlement. If we don’t win or settle your case, you don’t owe us anything.
Every victim that comes to Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is assured of having a fair shot at receiving fair compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Motorist Accidents
Motor accidents are often unpredictable and result from causes beyond our control. However, sometimes they can result from another person’s negligent actions. For example:
- Reckless driving, such as overtaking on corners
- Distracted driving, such as texting or eating while driving
- Motorists driving unroadworthy vehicles, e.g., ones with busted headlights or no side mirrors
- Driving in unsafe road conditions, such as slippery roads
- Dangerous roads, such as ones with unmarked distractors, e.g., road boulders
- Unknowingly driving vehicles with defective auto parts
Your uninsured motorist attorney in Lexington will determine your accident’s cause as well as the liable party and take action on your behalf.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for Legal Counsel in Fayette County
Being involved in an accident is terrifying, and it’s even worse when it’s with an uninsured motorist. You deserve full compensation for your injuries and other damages, and while things may seem hopeless, it’s possible to recover fair compensation. There are a few different avenues for obtaining the money you deserve.
After contacting our offices, we can analyze your case to determine the best legal strategy. You are not alone after this unfortunate accident; our Lexington uninsured motorist lawyer can help. So, call us today for your free consultation.