If you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident in Lawrence, you could be entitled to receive compensation. These accidents can be costly and complicated. Work with an attorney familiar with injury cases involving large trucks.
Our attorneys investigate the accident, retrieve evidence, and build a case that establishes fault and liability for your losses. A Lawrence truck accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will fight for your right to recover compensation.
Isaacs & Isaacs Can Help With Your Truck Accident Case
Our firm has been recovering compensation for clients involved in traffic accidents for over 20 years. We know how devastating injuries caused by large trucks can be to your finances. If you choose our firm, you can expect:
- Free consultation. We will listen to your story and explain how we can help you.
- No fees or costs unless we can settle or win your case. We will advocate for a fair settlement. If a settlement cannot be reached, our in-house litigation team is prepared to represent you at trial.
- Attorneys with over 400 years of combined experience. Our firm represents people hurt in truck accidents and other motor vehicle collisions.
- Spanish-speaking team members. We have attorneys and paralegals who can assist clients in Spanish.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Lawrence, call 800-333-9999
We Have Recovered Millions for Truck Accident Victims
Our personal injury attorneys are committed to helping you get the compensation you need and deserve following your accident. We have recovered over $1 billion in settlements for our clients, including several high-value truck accident cases:
- $10 million for a family who lost their loved one when a semi-truck crossed the center line and hit his vehicle head-on.
- $5.525 million for a woman rear-ended by a tanker truck.
- $3.65 million for a woman injured in an accident caused by a semi-truck that pulled in front of her.
- $1.325 million for a man hurt when a semi-truck slammed into his broken-down vehicle on the side of the road.
We have recovered compensation for many other truck accident victims. Review our other case victories for victims of truck accidents.
Lawrence Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Much Compensation Could I Recover After a Truck Accident?
Determining the value of a truck accident case can be complicated because each case is different and there are many factors that affect the settlement value. There are different circumstances involved with each case, and the results vary based on the injuries and losses you sustained.
After a trucking accident, you could recover economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include monetary losses you incurred because of the accident. Non-economic damages include non-monetary losses you experienced because of the accident.
Economic Damages in a Trucking Accident Claim
- Medical treatment: Trucking accidents could cause severe injuries that might require extensive medical treatment. You could recover compensation for ongoing and future medical care, emergency room services, ambulance rides, surgeries, and medications. If you need rehabilitation services, such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech therapy, you can add those losses to your claim.
- Lost income: If you cannot go to work while you recover from the accident, you may be able to recover lost income.
- Lost earning capacity: If your injuries were severe enough to where you cannot return to work in the same capacity, or at all, you may also have a lost earning capacity claim. Our attorneys can help calculate the value of lost future earnings.
- Auto repair or replacement: You may also recover costs associated with repairing or replacing your vehicle. Any added costs you had to pay if your car was damaged can be included in your claim.
Non-Economic Damages in a Trucking Accident Claim
- Pain and suffering: If you have experienced any discomfort, pain, anguish, or inconvenience because of your injuries, you may qualify to recover pain and suffering damages.
- Emotional distress: If the accident is serious enough, it could have psychological effects. Emotional distress may include anxiety, depression, sleep problems, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Loss of enjoyment: If you cannot perform activities or tasks you enjoyed before your injuries, you could include loss of enjoyment in your claim.
How Long do I Have to File a Truck Accident Claim?
According to the Indiana statute of limitations (IC § 34-11-2-4), you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. If you do not file your lawsuit by the deadline, you may be unable to recover compensation for losses.
Act as soon as possible after your accident. We will help you meet the deadlines that apply to your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Examples of common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Driver errors, such as failing to abide by the speed limit and failing to monitor blind spots.
- The truck driver is driving while impaired or intoxicated.
- The truck has not been maintained properly or is having equipment problems.
- The truck was loaded incorrectly, or the contents of the load were too heavy.
Several parties may be liable for losses caused by a truck accident, including the truck driver, the driver’s employer, parties responsible for truck maintenance, truck manufacturers, and more. Our lawyers can review liability for your losses and file claims for compensation.
What to Do After Getting in a Truck Accident
After getting in a truck accident, you may feel overwhelmed and scared. If you need medical treatment, get it immediately. If you do not need medical treatment, do the following:
- Make sure everyone in the accident is okay and in a safe location.
- Call 9-1-1 to report the accident.
- Get the truck driver’s information. This includes their name, contact information, truck carrier, and insurance information.
- Take pictures of any damage from the scene.
- Get eyewitnesses’ contact information.
Also, contact a truck accident lawyer in Lawrence for help with your case. Let Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers handle the legal aspects of your case while you focus on recovering from injuries.
Call Today for a Free Consultation in Lawrence
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we are compassionate lawyers who understand how traumatic a truck accident can be. We will be on your side through every step of your case.
Contact us today by calling for a free consultation. A Lawrence truck accident lawyer is ready to prepare your claim to fight for the compensation you deserve.