A bicycle accident can happen anywhere, any time. These accidents can also cause serious injuries and damage to your bike, both of which can be costly.
If someone else’s negligence and lack of care caused your bicycle accident, you could seek justice and compensation for your losses. That’s where a Lawrence bicycle accident attorney from our team can help.
Get Legal Advice for Your Lawrence, IN, Bicycle Accident Case
You can represent yourself when filing insurance claims against the at-fault party and negotiating for a better settlement. However, you risk accepting a much lower settlement offer than what your accident, injuries, and pain and suffering are truly worth.
Our personal injury team will take care of every step of your case so you and your family can focus on healing. Here are just some of the steps we’ll take to take care of you:
- Collect evidence, like witness testimony, police reports, insurance claims, medical bills, and video cam footage of the accident
- Identify all at-fault parties and determine the cause(s) of your accident
- Calculate the true cost of your damages, including assigning a monetary value to those costs that don’t have a price tag
- Handle claims and negotiations with insurance companies
- Take all calls and emails from insurance companies, opposing legal teams, and others
- File a lawsuit against the at-fault party and take their insurance company to court to recover worthwhile compensation
- Advise you at every step
With our 400 years of combined experience, the legal team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has recovered more than $2 billion in compensation for our clients. We exhaust all options, consult experts, and use our knowledge of Indiana bicycle and traffic laws to pursue fair compensation for you and your family.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Lawrence, call 800-333-9999
Recover Financial Compensation for Your Bicycle Accident
Economic damages like medical treatment, lost wages, and non-economic damages that don’t have a clear financial impact are compensable. You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s negligence. The types of damages you can recover from a bicycle accident include:
- Current medical bills
- Costs of future medical treatment
- Lost income, benefits, and professional advancement opportunities
- Reduced earning capacity due to short- or long-term disability
- Wrongful death benefits, including funeral costs and lost spousal income
- Bike repair and replacement costs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
Depending on the cause of your accident and who is at fault, you could seek compensation through many sources, including:
- A driver’s auto insurance policy
- Your own uninsured/underinsured driver policy
- A product liability or property liability claim
Lawrence Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Long You Have to File a Lawsuit for a Bicycle Accident in Indiana
Per IC §34-51-2-5, the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit for a personal injury case, like a bicycle accident, is two years. That means you have two years from the accident to file a lawsuit.
While many at-fault parties and their insurance companies may prefer to settle out of court, you may still need to file a lawsuit if negotiations don’t provide you the best possible compensation amount.
You could start working with our bicycle accident lawyers serving Lawrence soon after your accident. That way, you can explore your options and start negotiations right away, leaving time to file a lawsuit if necessary. If you don’t file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations has run out, you could lose any opportunity to seek compensation in the future.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Lawrence, IN
Bicycle accidents can be caused by many situations and instances of negligence, including those that involve drivers on the road, other bicyclists, government agencies responsible for maintaining trails or roadways, and more. Here are some causes of bicycle accidents our office sees:
- Opening a door on a bicyclist riding by
- Driving in the bike lane
- Not providing enough passing distance when overtaking a bike on the road
- Not checking for bikes when turning or changing lanes
- Making improper turns
- Aggressive driving maneuvers, including running bikes off the road
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Road hazards, like potholes and cracks
- Weather conditions
- Bike part malfunction due
We can use evidence like video and photographs of the accident, the police report, your personal account of the accident, and witness testimony to build your case. These things can prove who was responsible for your accident and the negligence that caused it.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Bike Accident Injuries That Could Qualify You for Compensation
Typically, the more serious your bike accident, the more severe your injuries. However, even hitting a pothole can lead to a serious accident that causes painful bodily harm and costly property damage. Here are bike accident injuries you could receive compensation for:
- Deep cuts and blood loss
- Road rash
- Sprains and muscle injuries
- Broken bones
- Whiplash and concussions
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Paralysis and nerve damage
The Hammer Can Fight for You After a Bicycle Accident
No matter the cause of your bicycle accident, the attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will fight for your right to be safe on the road as a bicyclist. We’re prepared to handle stringent insurance companies and demand relevant compensation for your accident.
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident in the Lawrence, Indiana, area, we are proud to offer you a free case evaluation. This way, you can understand your legal options and how much compensation you may be entitled to. We work on contingency fees, which means we only get paid if you do. Contact our office today for your free case review.