Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover your financial losses if you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident. Our La Porte truck accident lawyers can pursue an insurance claim or file a lawsuit to recoup your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Truck Accident Causes
When truck drivers, trucking companies, and other parties involved with a commercial vehicle behave negligently, people get hurt. Because of their size and weight, big trucks can cause severe and fatal injuries in a crash.
In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), large truck accidents accounted for around 12 percent of Indiana’s 1,210 total traffic crash fatalities in 2019. Causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Alcohol and drug use
- Faulty brakes
- Defective tires
- Lack of safety equipment (such as underride guards)
- Lack of regularly scheduled maintenance
- Unlicensed or inexperienced commercial drivers
- Improperly loaded or secured cargo
- Improperly attached trailers
- Faulty road design
- Vehicle weight limit violations
- Inadequate driver training
Our Indiana Attorneys Can Get to the Bottom of Your Crash
Truck accident cases can have multiple causes, and you may have grounds for a claim or lawsuit against numerous parties, including:
- The truck driver
- A third-party motorist
- The trucking company
- The owner of the truck or the entity responsible for its maintenance
- The owner or loader of the truck’s cargo
- A truck or trailer manufacturer
- A vehicle parts manufacturer
- The city, state, or county government that owns the roadway where your accident occurred
- A private roadway owner
- An insurance company acting in bad faith
We can investigate your accident with the help of crash reconstruction experts if needed. We will obtain evidence proving the cause of your crash, including:
- The truck’s “black box” electronic data recorder
- The truck driver’s driving record
- Vehicle maintenance and inspection records
- The trucking company’s hiring records
- Alcohol and drug test results
- Eyewitness testimony
- Available photographs or videos of your accident
- Official accident reports filed by law enforcement
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving La Porte, call 800-333-9999
We Will Help You Seek the Awards You Need and Deserve
The impact of a large truck can cause catastrophic vehicle damages and life-changing injuries that can affect your mobility, livelihood, and mental and emotional well-being. If your accident was not your fault, you deserve compensation for your tangible and intangible losses, including:
- Medical expenses – Medical bills can add up, and you may need ongoing care, such as follow-up procedures and physical therapy. Our personal injury attorneys can help you seek compensation for your past and future medical care, including hospitalizations, surgeries, long-term nursing care, medical equipment and devices, and rehabilitation services.
- Pain and suffering damages – Truck accidents can cause serious and permanent injuries that may result in paralysis, loss of hearing or vision, reduced cognitive abilities, chronic pain, and other complications that can reduce your quality of life. We can help you seek awards for your physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish, including compensation for depression, anxiety, loss of enjoyment of life, and scarring and disfigurement.
- Lost wages, earnings, and benefits – We can help you seek wages lost due to your injuries, as well as lost earnings and benefits to support you through the duration of your recovery. Additionally, if you sustained an injury that prevents you from returning to your previous employment, we can seek the loss of your future earning capabilities.
- Property damages – You can seek damages for repairs or replacement of your vehicle. Additionally, you can seek awards for other damaged personal property, including laptops, cell phones, jewelry, and navigation and audio equipment.
- Miscellaneous expenses – Our attorneys want to ensure you get every dollar owed to you, so we will help you identify and pursue other accident-related, out-of-pocket expenses. This may include the cost of transportation services, rental car fees, medical travel expenses, assistance with tasks like cleaning and cooking, and medically necessary home modifications.
- Wrongful death compensation – According to IC § 34-23-1-1, when a wrongful act results in death, a representative of the deceased’s estate can pursue compensation the deceased could have sought via a personal injury case had they lived. This may include medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, lost wages, and other reasonable expenses related to the deceased’s fatal injury. Surviving family members may also receive awards for the loss of their relative’s love and companionship.
La Porte Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Let Us Handle Your La Porte Truck Accident Case
Truck accident cases can get complicated because they often involve multiple parties – and their insurance agents and lawyers. Our La Porte truck accident lawyers can fight on your behalf so that you can focus on getting back on your feet.
We will file your case and communicate with the insurance companies. This shields you from pressure to accept a settlement that may not be in your best interest and protects you from saying something that could hurt your claim.
We will work hard to settle your case without a trial. However, if we must go to court, there is a time limit for taking legal action in Indiana. According to IC § 34-11-2-4, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Under IC § 34-23-2-1, you have two years to file a wrongful death case. Exceptions to these rules are rare, so make sure you pursue your case before the statute of limitations runs out.
Reach Out to Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consult
Our firm has fought for the rights of personal injury victims since 1993, achieving $1 billion in compensation for clients in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. We have Spanish-speaking paralegals and attorneys on staff and an in-house litigation team ready to take on the most challenging cases.
To learn more about how we can work for you, contact our offices. A member of our team is available 24/7 to take your call, answer your questions, and provide you with a risk-free case evaluation.