The La Porte bicycle accident lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers understand that representing victims of bicycle accidents requires attorneys who have the skills and knowledge of bicycle accidents. Our attorneys know Indiana bicycling laws and will hold the liable party accountable. The injuries you sustain from a bike accident could change your life forever.
You could be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. After reviewing your case, our attorneys can provide legal guidance and determine if you could recover compensation.
How Much Money Could I Recover After a Bicycle Accident?
The amount of money you could recover after a bicycle accident varies based on the damages you incurred. The severity and type of your injuries play a role in the amount of compensation you could receive. If your injuries are severe and will impact you for the rest of your life, you will probably recover more compensation than if you will recover in a short amount of time.
The attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will review your recoverable damages to determine the value of your case. Recoverable damages are the amount of money someone owes someone else to make up for injuring them. Damages you could recover after a bicycle accident include:
- Medical bills: Bicycle accident claims very often include medical care costs. Bicyclists are vulnerable to severe injuries and could visit the emergency room, ride in an ambulance, be hospitalized, visit the doctor often, or take medications. Any out-of-pocket costs for medical care can be included in your claim.
- Future medical bills: If your injuries will require ongoing medical care after your claim is settled, you can include future medical expenses in your claim.
- Rehabilitation costs: If your injuries require rehabilitative care such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech therapy, you can include rehabilitation costs in your claim.
- Lost earnings: Depending on the severity of your injuries, you might be out of work for a short or long time. If you had to be out of work at all while recovering from the accident, you can include lost earnings in your claim.
- Diminished earning capacity: Your injuries might be so severe that you cannot return to work in the same capacity. If so, our attorneys will calculate the monetary loss you will incur if you cannot return to the same job or if you are unable to work at all. The cost of retirement and the medical benefits you lost can also be included in your claim.
- Pain and suffering: If you endured pain, suffering, inconvenience, or anguish because of your injuries, you could include pain and suffering damages to your claim.
- Emotional distress: If you endured any negative psychological impacts because of the accident or your injuries, such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, or sleep issues, you could include emotional distress damages in your claim.
A La Porte bicycle accident lawyer from our firm will calculate the value of your damages to determine how much compensation you could receive.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving La Porte, call 800-333-9999
How Can a Lawyer Help?
The bicycle accident attorneys at our firm have handled many similar cases and know how to negotiate with insurance companies. We are aggressive in negotiations against insurance companies to help our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Benefits in working with the attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers include:
- A member of our legal team is available at all times to take your phone calls.
- We have an in-house litigation team that will fight for you in a trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
- Our attorneys have over 400 years of combined legal experience and have recovered over $1 billion for past clients.
- Our legal team is comprised of Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals to accommodate our Spanish-speaking clients.
Our attorneys can handle legal matters while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
How Much Does a Lawyer Cost?
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we do not charge any upfront fees. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not owe us any money unless we help you recover compensation.
We also offer free consultations. During the consultation, we will discuss the circumstances of your case and how we can help. After the consultation, you will have your questions answered and will know the next steps to take.
La Porte Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
To hold the motorist accountable, the cause of the accident must be determined. It has to be proven that the driver’s actions caused the accident. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration conducted a survey to find out the most common causes of bicycle accidents. They include:
- Distracted driving
- Careless lane changes or failing to signal
- Not stopping at a red light or stop sign
- Failure to yield
- Driving too close to bicyclists
- Aggressive driving
- Road conditions
Regardless of how the accident happened, it is helpful to speak with an attorney to learn about your legal rights and if you are entitled to compensation. The driver of the vehicle may not be the only person who is liable for your injuries. Other people or entities that could be held liable include:
- A government agency: If the roadways are not properly maintained
- Manufacturer of car parts: If a defective part caused the accident
- Another driver: If the motorist hit you because they were trying to avoid being hit by another driver on the road
Once our attorneys investigate the accident, we will have a clearer picture of who is liable.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Today to Speak with a La Porte Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you choose our firm, our attorneys will listen to what happened during the bicycle accident and begin preparing a strategy. A bicycle accident can be a traumatic experience and we want to be there to support you while you try to heal. We will do what it takes for you to recover monetary compensation for your losses.
We don’t want you to have to take on the insurance companies alone. We can be by your side through the entirety of your case. For more information about your legal rights after a bicycle accident, contact us today for a free consultation.