A sudden blow to the head can cause a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) commonly called a concussion. When this happens, the brain may not function normally, and the victim may exhibit serious symptoms. These issues can last a couple of hours to weeks or even longer.
If you suffered a concussion in an accident, a violent attack, or another incident, an Indianapolis concussion injuries lawyer can help you recover damages. Contact Isaacs and Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
The world of lawsuits and insurance claims can be difficult to manage on your own. Following a concussion injury, your focus should be on recovering. Let a personal injury attorney handle your case for you.
A concussion injuries lawyer in Indianapolis can help by:
- Investigating the accident
- Gathering evidence to support your injury claim
- Filing lawsuits on time
- Handling communications with the defendant’s legal team
- Negotiating with other parties
Compensation for Concussion Injuries
If you’re suffering from concussion injuries, Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs could help you recover the damages related to your injuries and losses:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income from missed work
- Medical bills, including ambulance rides, specialist visits, and lab tests
- Prescription medications
- Diminished enjoyment of life
- Permanent disability
Our legal team can collect evidence to prove what amount you deserve. We’ll advocate for your rights until you get the maximum financial recovery.
Sudden injuries like concussions may require immediate and ongoing medical attention, resulting in piling expenses.
At Isaacs and Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we don’t charge upfront fees or costs. We work on a contingency basis, so there’s no expense from your end unless we get you compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a concussion injuries lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 800-333-9999
Statutes of Limitations in Indiana
The statute of limitations is a timeframe you have for filing a personal injury lawsuit. After the deadline passes, you may not be able to recover damages from the liable party.
Indiana law has the following statutes of limitations:
- IC §34-11-2-4 states that you have two years from the time of an accident to file a personal injury suit.
- If your concussion was the result of a defective product, IC §34-20-3-1 states that you also have two years from the time of injury to file a lawsuit.
There are exceptions to these deadlines, but you should not wait to file a suit. Contact a concussion injury attorney in Indianapolis to discuss your options.
Indianapolis Concussion Injuries Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What to Do After a Concussion
A victim of a concussion may experience blurred vision, difficulty walking steadily, confusion, dizziness, and vomiting among other symptoms. If you are experiencing any issues following a head injury, you should:
- See a doctor for a physical and neurological exam
- Take MRI and CT scans
- Take things easy. Too much stress can exacerbate your concussion
- Follow your doctor’s advice
- Follow up with your doctor to monitor your progress
Causes of Concussions
Concussions are one the most common traumatic brain injuries. Anytime the head is moved back and forth quickly, a person could experience a concussion.
Here are more details on the causes of concussions:
- Traffic accidents: Car, motorcycle, and bus accidents are some of the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries, including concussions.
- Slips and falls: Falls make up almost half of all TBIs. Mild injuries can result in concussions.
- Violent attacks: Assaults are another cause of concussions. Fist fights or attacks with a blunt object can lead to mild TBIs.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact an Indianapolis Concussion Injuries Attorney for Legal Counsel
Are you suffering from a concussion following an accident? Isaacs and Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate the incident and collect evidence to prove the negligent party’s fault. We have an in-house team of litigators and paralegals ready to assist you, including Spanish-speaking staff.
When you hire us, you get responsive and devoted legal representation. We have won over $1 billion in settlements for our clients. Contact us for a free case review.