Were you or someone you love involved in an accident with an autonomous, driverless vehicle? On your own, it can be hard to understand how to prove whether the driver or the car’s internal technology caused the accident. Our Indianapolis self-driving car accident lawyer can help you prove one or both of these factors played a role in the accident.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can conduct a thorough investigation into your accident and consult relevant experts on your behalf. We can also handle the negotiation process fight to make sure you recover the financial compensation you are entitled to receive.
Self-Driving Cars in Indianapolis Are Not Fail-Proof
Self-driving cars are no longer a thing of the future — they are sharing roads with conventional cars today. They offered and continue to offer increasing levels of tech support that require decreasing levels of human contribution in self-driving vehicles.
According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) research, the progression of driverless technology includes:
- 1950 to 2000: Cruise control and antilock brakes
- 2000 to 2010: Electronic stability control, blind-spot detection, and forward collision and lane departure warnings
- 2010 to 2016: Rearview video systems, automatic emergency braking systems, and lane-centering assistance
- 2016 to 2025: Lane-keeping assistance, adaptive cruise control, and rerouting assistance
Their research also states that the most advanced levels of vehicle technology still require the driver to focus his attention on the safe operation of his vehicle. Our self-driving car accident attorney will conduct an investigation to prove who bears liability for causing your accident.
Causes of Self-Driving Car Accidents
Uncovering the cause of your accident lets our law firm determine where to assign liability and where to turn for financial compensation. Possible causes include:
- Human error
- Defective software features, such as when sensors misidentify and disregard objects in the roadway
- A third-party driver
- A government entity responsible for the roadway
It can be hard to prove the cause of your accident on your own. Our self-driving vehicle accident attorneys can help by getting the vehicle’s maintenance and software records. We also help you collect other evidence that supports your right to compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a self-driving car accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 800-333-9999
Leave Evidence Collection to Our Self-Driving Vehicle Accident Attorney
Our legal team builds a compelling car accident case file for you. We collect documents that include records related to the self-driving car and its operator and software. We also collect your:
- Car accident report
- Medical records
- Salary history records
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
We use this evidence to prove the accident’s cause and costs. We can help you recover:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income losses
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Physical impairment and disfigurement
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our self-driving car accident lawyer serving clients in Indianapolis collects evidence for you. While we do, you can concentrate on getting better.
Indiana’s Statute of Limitations in Car Accident Cases
Like all civil lawsuits, yours must be filed in accordance with the state’s statute of limitations. In Indiana, our driverless car accident lawyer will make sure your lawsuit complies with IC § 34-11-2-4.
Accordingly, you generally have two years from:
- The date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit
- The date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit
Failing to file on time could prevent you from filing at all. Even if you manage to file your lawsuit late, it could be dismissed without ever being heard. When we represent you, take care of all the details of your case, including meeting important deadlines.
Indianapolis Self-Driving Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Our Autonomous Car Accident Lawyer Does the Hard Work of Case Building
An accident involving a driverless car can have components that are not part of a conventional car. For example, our lawyer may have to have the driverless car examined for possible software hacks and glitches.
- Thoroughly investigate the accident’s cause
- Consult experts in self-driving car technology
- Appy federal and state laws regarding self-driving cars
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we put more than 400 years of combined legal experience to work for you. We have recovered $1 billion in settlements for our clients and have Spanish-speaking team members—attorneys and paralegals—to ensure all our clients get the support they need and deserve.
Previous Clients Recommend Our Personal Injury Law Firm
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our auto accident lawyer provides ongoing support for the clients we represent. Our case victories page contains reviews and recommendations like the following:
- Sonya Tate: “While recovering from a personal injury, they lightened the load by handling everything about my case, which left me with time trying to get better. They always kept me informed about the details of my case and made sure I was in good hands. Thank you, Jason Pride!”
- Erika Alexandra: “Grateful is an understatement! The best law firm I’ve ever worked with! Punctual, professional, responsive, accurate, personable, committed. I recommend this firm to anyone…You will never be left behind. You will always know the status of your case! Thank you, Isaacs and Isaacs! You restored my life!!!”
Our service and support also include our contingency fee structure which means we take on your case and will not charge upfront fees or costs.
Contact Our Case Review Team Today
Were you or someone you love injured in a collision between your car and a self-driving car in Indianapolis? Our client-focused law firm will determine the accident’s cause and its subsequent costs. We will also do all the hard work of building your case and ensuring it is filed on time.
Find out how hard our car accident lawyer will work for you by calling our case review team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today.