Whether you’re involved in a traffic collision, slip and fall, workplace accident, or product defect, the resulting injuries can impact the rest of your life, especially if you sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
In that case, you might want to consider discussing what happened with an Independence traumatic brain injury lawyer at our firm. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our team can help you navigate an injury claim for compensation while you’re in treatment.
How Serious is a TBI?
There are three levels of TBI classification:
People with minor TBIs may return to their routine within a few days. They may not seek treatment because “It’s just a little bump on the head.”
With a moderate or severe TBI, your recovery could take weeks, months, or even years. You may also suffer changes that will last for the rest of your life. According toCleveland Clinic, factors that affect recovery times include:
- Other injuries from the same accident
- Age (younger people tend to recover quicker)
- Previous head trauma
- Stress and emotional difficulties
- Your support system (family, friends, and medical personnel)
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Independence, call 800-333-9999
How Do We Prove Negligence in Your Independence TBI Case?
Regardless of how you sustained your traumatic brain injury, if the accident resulted from someone else’s actions, you might be able to receive compensation. To prove that the other party is at fault, we will work to establish the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The other party had a duty to prioritize your safety and act prudently.
- Breach of duty: They didn’t uphold this duty.
- Causation: This breach led to an accident that caused your TBI.
- Damages: You face non-economic and economic damages.
We will work to show how the defendant’s actions make them responsible for your injuries.
Independence Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What Compensation Can You Secure After Suffering a TBI?
If you or a family member has suffered a TBI, speaking with a TBI lawyer at our firm can give you an idea about seeking compensation for your injuries. It is difficult to quote an actual figure for you until after a case review, but our TBI team may fight for compensation for some of the following damages:
- Medical costs, including past, current, and future expected expenses
- Lost wages, including future lost wages, commissions, and benefits
- Property losses resulting from the accident
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Every claim differs in what damages will be available. With our TBI team fighting for you, you will have peace of mind so that you can concentrate on your recovery.
What Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Can Do for You
When your bills are piling up and you have medical appointments to get to, filing a claim requesting compensation might be the last thing on your to-do list. It doesn’t have to be, though. When you have our TBI team on your side, we will do the legwork and build your case while you concentrate on healing. Some of the tasks we handle for you include:
- Collecting and evaluating evidence, including video footage, photographs, witness statements, police reports, and other information about your accident
- Determine what parties might be liable for your injuries
- Compile your medical documentation, including bills, statements from your doctors, your medical prognosis, and more
- Compose a demand letter to the liable parties and/or their representatives to begin the negotiation process to settle your claim
- File necessary court documents within the allotted time frames to follow your claim through to civil court if necessary
- Represent you in discussions with insurance companies and coordinate all settlement offers
- Represent you in civil court if we cannot reach a settlement agreement
Our TBI team will fight daily for your compensation.
How Does a Lawyer at Our Firm Get Paid?
One of the most common questions we receive is how you will pay for an attorney to represent you. Our TBI team works on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t charge upfront fees or costs. From your initial case review to the final settlement, we cover all the expenses for building your case.
When you get paid, we get paid. Our fees and expenses will come from the final settlement you receive if we successfully settle your claim. We will explain this payment plan more in-depth during your case review so there won’t be any surprises.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long You Have to File a Lawsuit After Suffering a TBI in Kentucky
The Commonwealth of Kentucky has several different statutes of limitations depending on how you received your injuries. If you sustained a TBI due to a vehicle accident,Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 usually allows two years to file a lawsuit. The date of the accident is the starting point unless you receive PIP payments. Then, the two-year timeline would begin on the date you receive your final PIP payment.
For general personal injuries not sustained during a vehicle accident, you typically have one year from your accident to file for compensation, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1).
Our TBI team recommends beginning the filing process as soon as possible. If you fail to comply with your applicable deadline, the courts may refuse to hear your case. As a result, you will be responsible for covering your injury-related costs.
Our Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers Serving Independence Are Ready to Help You
The TBI team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has fought to retain more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients. We have more than 400 years of legal experience and work to apply that to each claim. We have staff fluent in Spanish if that is your preferred language.
Get in touch with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free case review.