Wrongful death cases are incredibly tragic. They can traumatize families, leave children without parents, and rob spouses of their loved ones.
If you believe you lost your loved one because of another party’s negligence, you may be able to take legal action. You deserve compensation for the loss of your special person. Our Henderson wrongful death lawyers care. We can help you fight for a fair settlement.
How Much Are Wrongful Death Settlements?
Wrongful death cases are often lumped into the same category as personal injury. This is a vast category of law. It can cover everything from car accidents to medical malpractice. Settlements vary widely across these cases.
This means that without an expert review, it can be difficult to predict what your settlement may be. However, there is a set of damages you can usually pursue in a wrongful death case. These include:
- Funeral expenses
- The loss of a close personal relationship
- Medical expenses related to the loss of your loved one
- Punitive damages if negligence occurred
- Reduced familial earning capacity
These damages are categorized in two ways: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are financial losses. They refer to the ways that your wrongful death case impacted your finances negatively.
Non-economic damages account for the emotional trauma that you may have suffered after losing a loved one. Both types of damages are important considerations in a wrongful death case.
If you’re unsure of the value of your case, a Henderson wrongful death lawyer can review your incident. With their help, you can determine a fair settlement value.
Who Can Claim a Wrongful Death Settlement?
Wrongful death case settlements are typically split between surviving family members, including:
- Children (or adopted children)
There are sometimes exceptions to this rule. If you have questions about your case, our attorneys will happily answer them.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Henderson, call 800-333-9999
What Are the Advantages of Hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney?
Wrongful death cases usually involve an insurance settlement or lawsuit. Both avenues require legal expertise to navigate.
In the case of an insurance settlement, you may have to deal with bad faith insurance practices. Insurers often initially offer low settlements.
Lawsuits, on the other hand, necessitate courtroom time. A wrongful death law firm will be familiar with depositions, subpoenas, and the other technical components that make up a lawsuit.
To help your case proceed smoothly, an attorney can offer you these services:
- Gather evidence: Evidence is key in both insurance settlements and lawsuits. Your legal team will work to establish a negligent party by compiling information related to the case.
- Act as your representative: Wrongful death cases necessitate communication with multiple parties. An attorney can act as your representative and manage these communications. They can also fight for your compensation, whether that’s through a lawsuit or an out-of-court settlement.
- Provide legal advice: Kentucky wrongful death is complicated. Answering questions is part of a lawyer’s job description. They can make any involved codes easy to understand.
Henderson Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Benefits of Choosing a Wrongful Death Lawyer from Our Firm
We’re in tune with the emotional needs of wrongful death clients. We recognize that you’re facing a troubling life event, and we’re committed to making sure you remain comfortable through the legal process.
Results matter, too, though. Since our founding, our firm has won over $1 billion in settlements for our clients. Some of our largest wrongful death settlements include:
- $10 million for a wrongful death truck accident case
- $2.7 million for another wrongful death truck accident case
- $1.429 million for a wrongful death car accident case
Reviews from our clients provide an even more detailed picture of our firm. Read what they have to say about our attorneys:
- “It is hard to put into words how I feel about Jon Heck, David Scott, Julianne Tackett, and Melissa Waller – my own personal litigation team! They go above and beyond to take care of me! From the beginning they were very professional and knowledgeable, kept me informed, and treated me like I mattered!!” – Joy S.
- “Nick Alexiou was my attorney. He kept me well informed about my case. He, along with other staff members, have earned a 5-star rating from me. I appreciate all their help and would definitely recommend them to my family and friends.” – LaKesha R.
Are Wrongful Death Attorneys Expensive?
You might be shocked to learn that we don’t charge any upfront costs or fees. Our pricing plan was created with accessibility in mind. We’re aware that you may have lost a high-earning spouse or loved one.
Don’t let financial concerns prevent you from securing an attorney. We offer:
- Free case evaluations: We’ll examine the details of your case free of charge.
- Contingency fee pricing: You don’t pay a cent up front, and we don’t get paid unless you win. Hiring an attorney from our firm is risk-free.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Wrongful Death Cases
As previously noted, wrongful death cases are a diverse area of law. These cases can include the following types of incidents:
Don’t see your wrongful death case here? You should still consider reaching out to our firm. We may be able to help.
Wrongful Death Cases Are Time-Sensitive
As with most legal cases, wrongful death cases have a deadline. Per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180, you typically have one year after the passing of your loved one to file your case.
We strongly encourage you to contact a law firm before this deadline expires. If it does, you may lose your ability to secure compensation. Similarly, if you wait, you may lose out on potential witnesses. Witnesses may:
- Move out of state, which could further complicate the process
- Forget what they saw or heard about your case
- Be contacted by the liable party’s law firm
Who Are the Liable Parties in a Wrongful Death Case?
Wrongful death cases can have challenging opponents. Liable parties can be:
- Medical companies
- Product manufacturers
- Trucking and shipping companies
- Other large business conglomerates
Our wrongful death attorneys are ready and willing to take on the big guy. A tough fight shouldn’t dissuade you from filing your case.
Call on Our Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
We’ll treat your wrongful death with empathy and care. But we also care about securing strong results for our clients. To do so, we’ll exhaust every option. We’ll fight for the justice that your loved one deserves.
Let our attorneys put their combined 400 years of legal experience to work for you. We can support clients in English or Spanish. Contact our firm or fill out an online application to get started.