A Henderson car accident lawyer could help you seek compensation for your losses if you suffered injuries in a collision. We can fight your battles for you and go after the damages you deserve. You do not have to go through the insurance claim or litigation process on your own.
When we handle your case in Henderson County, you get to focus your energy and attention on getting better. You rest while we negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. If your case does not settle, we can file a lawsuit and take the matter to trial.
How Much Compensation You Can Get for Your Henderson Car Accident
Every car accident injury claim is different because the facts of every case are different. You might have much more or less severe injuries than another person who was in the same car with you. It would not be fair, for example, for you to get the same amount of money as someone with a sprained wrist if you suffered a spinal cord injury.
We will need to talk to you and investigate the situation before we can determine a fair settlement range for your claim. It could help, however, to explain some of the more common categories of compensatory damages, which can include:
- Lost wages. You might miss out on paychecks if you cannot work because of wounds from a car accident. Typically, people who lose wages, salary, self-employment, and other types of regular income can include that financial loss in their injury claim.
- Decreased future wages. You might not be able to make as much money as before if you have ongoing impairment from your car accident injuries. You might need to decrease your working hours or take a lower-paying position. This financial hardship could be a part of your claim.
- Medical bills. Beginning with the ambulance and continuing through to other healthcare services such as surgery and physical therapy, people can usually include the cost of their treatment in their claim.
- Pain and suffering. Merely paying an injured person’s medical bills does not compensate them for the physical discomfort or emotional stress they endured. This category of damages addresses those issues.
- Other intangible losses. Some losses are challenging to measure in terms of dollars because they typically do not come with receipts or bills. They are, nonetheless, significant items. A person with extensive scars might have a claim for disfigurement, and someone with devastating injuries might develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from the collision experience.
Your case might involve other types of losses as well as these.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Henderson, call 800-333-9999
Pitfalls You Could Avoid by Working With an Auto Accident Lawyer From Our Firm
When people try to handle their own injury claims despite having no experience in the legal field, their lack of knowledge makes them an easy target. Here are some things that could go wrong in a car accident injury case that an individual is handling as a DIY project:
- The injured person might not understand that all of their losses, financial and others, must get paid out of that one settlement check. All the medical bills and other expenses will have to get covered. What might look like a windfall could turn out to be next to nothing after all the doctors and the hospital get paid.
- If you need additional medical treatment after you settle your claim, you will likely have to pay those medical bills out of your own pocket. This is one reason why you should complete your medical treatment before settling. Settling too early could mean having to decide between going without a necessary surgery or having a stack of medical bills you cannot afford to pay.
- For many people, posting photos and comments about what happens to them is an ordinary daily event. Until your case gets completely resolved, you should resist the temptation to post anything on social media, whether related to the accident and your injuries or not. The insurer could take things out of context to try to pay you less money than you deserve.
These are a few examples of things that could damage the value of your claim. Your attorney can guide you around these and other possible landmines.
Henderson Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Anyone Can Afford Our Firm’s Services
You do not have to pay any upfront fees or costs to get our help with your car accident claim. We handle these cases on a contingency-fee-basis. With this fee arrangement, we wait until the end of the matter to get paid. We do not get paid until you win.
What Can Happen If You Miss the Filing Deadline for Your Auto Accident Case
Kentucky has a law, the statute of limitations, that says you must file your personal injury lawsuit within one year if you had not already settled it. If you miss the deadline, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1)(a) will generally forever bar you from being able to hold the at-fault party accountable for the harm you suffered.
With so little time to resolve your claim, you will want to talk to a Henderson car accident attorney right away. There is too much at stake to leave things to chance.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Getting Legal Help
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we help people who get hurt due to the carelessness of others. We work tirelessly to help our clients get the compensation they need to rebuild their lives. We are happy to offer a free initial consultation. You can call us today to get started. There is no obligation.
We have attorneys and paralegals who speak Spanish. We have recovered $2 billion in settlements for our clients in Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio. Our lawyers have more than 400 years of combined legal experience and are licensed in Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Nevada, Texas, and Illinois.