Many people in the Hammond area use bicycles to exercise or travel around the area each day. While bicycling is a great activity with a lot of benefits, accidents happen that can cause severe injuries. Because of the lack of protection for bicyclists, accidents can cause severe injuries or even death.
If you have been injured while riding a bicycle after being struck by a car, a Hammond bicycle accident lawyer can help you recover compensation. You may be dealing with extensive medical bills if you were in the emergency room or had to ride in an ambulance. Let our attorneys help you recover the money you lost by filing a claim against the person who is at fault for the accident.
Bicycle Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
After a bicycle accident, you may be left with severe injuries. According to American Family Physician, most bicycle injuries are associated with collisions with motor vehicles.
Common Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
Injuries from acute trauma can occur in almost all parts of the body. In many cases, injuries are superficial and involve abrasions or lacerations. It is also common to strain, fracture, or dislocate a bone. Severe injuries from bicycle accidents may include:
- Head injuries: Injuries to the head include skull fractures, concussions, or a brain contusion. Head injuries are responsible for most of the fatalities and long-term disabilities associated with bicycling.
- Facial or eye injuries: Injuries to the face or eye include facial fractures, dental fractures, and foreign bodies in the cornea.
- Chest injuries: Injuries to the chest include rib fractures and lung injuries. These injuries can be painful and last for an extended time.
- Abdominal injuries: Injuries to the abdomen include a spleen rupture, pancreatic trauma, traumatic hernia, or bowel contusion.
If you sustained a severe injury from a bicycle accident, you may require surgery or a long hospital stay. You might be out of work while you recover from surgery or are in the hospital. Our attorneys can help you recover compensation for the money you lost during this time.
Money You Could Recover After a Bicycle Accident
The attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate the accident to determine and prove who was liable for the accident. We can fight to hold the liable party accountable and help you recover monetary losses. In a bicycle accident case, you could recover the following in damages:
- Medical bills: Including out-of-pocket costs to treat your injuries. This includes the emergency room, hospitalizations, surgeries, doctor visits, and medications.
- Future medical bills: Your injuries may require medical care long after the claim is settled. Our attorneys will calculate the projected costs of future medical bills and include them in your claim.
- Lost income: If you were out of work while you recovered from your injuries, you can include the income you lost in your claim. If you are no longer able to return to work in the same capacity or at all, you can include lost future earnings in your claim. This also includes any retirement or medical benefits you lost.
- Pain and suffering: Sustaining an injury can cause a lot of pain, anguish, and discomfort. If you have endured any negative physical feelings because of your injuries, you could include pain and suffering damages in your claim.
- Emotional distress: After a bicycle accident, you may experience negative psychological impacts such as fear, post-traumatic stress disorder, sleep problems, or anxiety. If you have endured any negative psychological problems, you could include emotional distress damages in your claim.
If your loved one passed away because of injuries they sustained in a bicycle accident, first we want to extend our deepest condolences. It is devastating to lose a loved one so suddenly. Although nothing will bring your loved one back, we will do everything we can to hold the liable party accountable. Your family could recover compensation for the funeral expenses, burial or cremation expenses, and loss of consortium.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Hammond, call 800-333-9999
The Hammond Bicycle Accident Lawyers at Our Firm Will Advocate for You
The attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will advocate aggressively for you to receive the maximum amount of compensation. We know you may be struggling financially after an accident and do not want to add to that stress. That is why we offer free consultations. During the consultation, we will discuss the details of your case and provide legal guidance. Once you hire us as your attorney, we will begin working on your case.
We also work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not have to pay for our legal services unless we win your case or agree to a fair settlement. If you do not recover compensation, you do not owe us anything. We want our clients to hold the people who hurt them accountable without having to worry about the cost of an attorney.
Other benefits of working with our firm include:
- A member of our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call.
- We have an in-house litigation team ready to take your case to trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
- We have recovered over $1 billion in settlements for past clients.
- Our attorneys have over 400 years of combined legal experience.
- Our legal team consists of Spanish-speaking paralegals and attorneys.
The Hammond bicycle accident lawyers at our firm have been winning cases for the past 20 years. We understand how painful the injuries from a bicycle accident can be. Our attorneys will focus on all legal matters so all you have to worry about is recovering from your injuries.
Hammond Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Consult with Our Firm Today
The injuries you sustain from a bicycle accident can change your life forever. You deserve to recover from your losses and move on with your life. Our attorneys have litigated against many insurance companies and understand the tactics they use to try to get victims to accept low settlement offers. We can provide legal guidance, so you know how much your case is worth.
Contact our firm today for a free consultation. We will work tirelessly to fight for you to receive both justice and compensation. Your life may have been flipped upside down after a bicycle accident and we will do what it takes to protect your rights. Our entire legal team will be a support to you after a bicycle accident.