When you sustain injuries in a truck accident in the Georgetown area, you have a right to seek compensation for your losses. The accident could be quite catastrophic because a large truck is so much bigger than your car. As a result, the injuries could be much more significant.
When you reach out to the legal team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, one of our Georgetown truck accident lawyers can help you get through one of the most difficult times of your life. They’ll help you recover from your injuries and fight for the compensation you need to support your family.
What Happened During the Truck Accident?
We work diligently to uncover all the information we can regarding your claim. In addition, we will investigate the various entities or people that might be to blame, as truck accidents often have multiple liable parties.
Generally, those who have responsibility for truck accidents can include:
- Other motorists
- Truck drivers, especially when they have violated federal regulations regarding when they can drive or how long they must rest
- Trucking companies, especially when they force their drivers to drive too much, take too little rest, or forgo mandatory inspections of their vehicles
- Mechanics who completed substandard work on these vehicles in the past, leading to your crash
- Parts manufacturers that knowingly sell faulty parts
- Vehicle manufacturers that sell defective vehicles or forgo recalls required under federal law
- Construction crews that fail to mark their worksites
Let Your Attorney Handle the Investigation
We advise our clients never to reach out to people involved in the case because you never know what they will do or say. Instead, we will handle all communication. Plus, we will ensure that we interview all these individuals as part of our investigation.
While you may have an idea of what occurred during the accident, we ask that you not attempt to open a separate investigation on your own. Unfortunately, your work, while well-intentioned, might impede our investigation. You also do not want to speak with those involved in the case because we are unaware of what they know or what they will do if you approach them.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Georgetown, call 800-333-9999
Evidence to Use for a Truck Accident Claim
The evidence we collect as part of the investigation could include many things. We look closely at every aspect of the accident, and we will interview, review, and cover anything that could make a difference as we attempt to settle or go to court.
Evidence collected as part of the case often includes:
- Security camera footage
- Traffic camera footage
- Dashcam footage
- Eyewitness interviews
- Pictures and videos of the accident or the crash scene
- Police reports
- EMT and fire department accounts of the accident
If you uncover evidence after we have begun our investigation, please bring it to your attorney’s attention as soon as possible.
Georgetown Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Compensation for Truck Accident Victims
Compensation for truck accident victims includes anything that will cost you money for many years to come, especially as you experience quality-of-life changes. These damages often include:
- Medical costs, including emergency care, recovery care, counseling, medications, transportation, and medical equipment
- Lost income, including all the money you should have made during your recovery
- Lost earning potential, including all the money you cannot make because the accident has affected your ability to work
- Pain and suffering, including all the physical pain you feel every day because of the accident
- Mental anguish, including all the psychological symptoms you experience because of the collision
- Loss of consortium, including the effect of the accident on your relationships with family, friends, and support system
- Wrongful death, including burial costs, administrative fees, and loss of companionship
Services Offered by a Georgetown Truck Accident Lawyer
When you retain our legal team, we offer several services that ensure your satisfaction with our work. We will take care of you and your family while you navigate an often-complicated legal gauntlet. We have the connections and relationships necessary to help you feel more comfortable as we seek compensation on your behalf.
We never tell our clients what to do, but we give you all the facts so you can make the best possible decision. This process offers the best way for you to feel as though you are heard and seen in a process that can often leave the victim behind.
When someone reaches out to you about the accident, you should not speak to them. Instead, you can forward all their calls to our office. In addition, forward their emails to your truck accident lawyer, and hand over any letters you receive asking you to settle or speak with someone about the case.
Unfortunately, several interested parties often want you to settle for less than you deserve. We will speak on your behalf to ensure that you get the representation you deserve. Plus, we will advise you of the case’s progress and what you might want to do next.
Finally, you can reach out to our lawyers via phone or email at any time. Thus, you have 24/7 access to the information you need and answers to your questions.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Don’t Let the Deadline for Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit Pass
Please be advised that Kentucky generally imposes a two-year deadline (the statute of limitations) on personal injury claims stemming from truck accidents under Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230. In addition, this statute limits you to one year after a loved one’s death to file a wrongful death claim. Because of these tight windows, you might want to contact our team as soon as possible so we can review your claim.
Call for a Free Consultation
A truck accident can devastate its victims, but it need not define the rest of your life. So, are you ready to begin your fight for the compensation you deserve after a commercial truck collides into your vehicle in Georgetown or elsewhere in Scott County? If so, the team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers stands ready to help.
Call today for a free consultation. We’ll discuss your claim and how you could recover compensation for your injuries or losses. When you work with our Georgetown truck accident lawyers, we’ll handle the legal aspects of the case while you focus on your recovery.