Construction vehicle accidents can be particularly catastrophic. The massive size of these construction vehicles is enough to destroy almost any other type of motor vehicle in its path.
If you suffered critical injuries and are unsure of where to turn for help, a dedicated Georgetown construction vehicle accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Schedule a free consultation to learn more about how you can navigate the construction vehicle accident claims process in Georgetown and get the most out of your claim.
What to Do After a Construction Vehicle Accident in Georgetown
In the aftermath of a construction vehicle accident, you may not be sure how to proceed. However, these initial snaps could have a significant impact on your ability to pursue your case and get the most out of your construction vehicle accident claim.
With that in mind, here are a few of the most important things you should be doing after a construction vehicle accident:
- When the construction vehicle accident first occurs, do yourself a favor and take photos of any surrounding damage to any property, photos of your injuries, and video footage of the accident scene if possible. This is also a good time to exchange contact and insurance information with any involved parties and obtain the contact information and witness statements of anyone who may have seen the collision occur.
- As soon as emergency responders arrive at the scene, you need to obtain a medical evaluation because although you may initially feel fine following your construction vehicle accident, if you are suffering from invisible injuries and they go untreated, your condition could be substantially worse. Furthermore, the sooner you start collecting medical evidence after the accident, the easier it will be for the jury to see that your injuries were caused by the construction vehicle accident.
- Never post online or on social media about your construction vehicle accident. If the liable party gets a hold of the social media posts or other photos, they could misconstrue them, which could have a devastating impact on the outcome of your case.
- As soon as possible after the accident, reach out to a construction vehicle accident attorney for help. We need to gather time-sensitive evidence from the start, such as video footage of the accident that may only be available for days or weeks before it is erased.
For a free legal consultation with a construction vehicle accidents lawyer serving Georgetown, call 800-333-9999
Causes of Georgetown Construction Vehicle Accidents
Construction vehicle accidents involving bulldozers, excavators, cranes, forklifts, and other types of construction vehicles can occur in virtually endless ways. However, some of the most common causes of construction vehicle accidents include:
- Unsafe operation of a construction vehicle
- Lack of skills necessary to operate a construction vehicle safely
- Construction vehicle part malfunctions or defects
- Negligent operation of a construction vehicle
- Improper operation of a construction vehicle
- Dangerous construction site conditions
These are only a few causes of construction vehicle accidents you should be aware of. If your injuries were caused in another way, your construction vehicle accident attorney in Georgetown can identify the liable party after conducting an in-depth investigation. You can be sure all parties who contributed to your injuries will be held fully accountable by your lawyer.
Georgetown Construction Vehicle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Construction Vehicle Accident Lawsuits Work in Georgetown
Construction vehicle accident claims can work in several ways depending on the circumstances of your case. Generally, there are four primary ways in which you can recover compensation for your damages.
With help from your construction vehicle accident lawyer in Georgetown, you can maximize your recovery and begin to take that control of your life. Your legal options might include:
- Requesting worker’s compensation benefits from your employer’s worker’s comp. insurance provider
- Filing a claim with your own auto insurance company
- Filing a claim with the liable party’s insurance company
- Filing a civil lawsuit against the liable party to recover your damages at trial
Worker’s compensation benefits and insurance settlements are going to be limited by the amounts of coverage purchased by the policyholder. Further, workers comp and insurance settlements also only cover certain types of losses.
Although you may be able to recover a portion of your damages through an insurance settlement or worker’s compensation benefits, when you hope to maximize the compensation you are awarded, bringing your case to trial is more than likely your best bet.
Statute of Limitations for Georgetown Construction Vehicle Accident Claims
The amount of time you will have to file your construction vehicle accident claim can vary depending on how you are seeking compensation for your damages. For example, if you are seeking worker’s compensation benefits, you may be required to notify your employer of the accident within 30 days, or your ability to recover worker’s compensation benefits could be at risk.
However, if you are pursuing a third-party liability claim for your construction vehicle accident, the statute of limitations for your claim could be as long as just one year, according to KY personal injury statute of limitations laws.
It is imperative that your case be filed before the statute of limitations expires. If it is not, the court system will be required to bar you from attempting to have your case heard. Your Georgetown construction vehicle accident attorney will get started on your case as soon as possible to avoid issues with the statute of limitations in the future.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help from a Georgetown Construction Vehicle Accident Attorney Today
When your construction vehicle accident injuries were caused by the negligence or reckless acts of another, a respected Georgetown construction vehicle accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you make them pay.
Find out more about how much your claim could be worth and what to expect from the insurance and civil claims process when you contact our office for a free case evaluation. You can reach us by phone or through our quick contact for them to get started on your construction vehicle accident claim.