Brain hemorrhages lead to permanent injuries and a severe medical condition that can result in death. Your brain is susceptible to injury during a car accident, assault, sports injury, or medical malpractice. Brain bleeds happen in seconds, and there is no warning or much time to act.
You are not alone when you suffer a brain bleed because you can file a legal claim to hold negligent parents financially responsible for your losses. Speak with our Frankfort brain hemorrhage lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs to discuss your options.
Damages from a Frankfort Brain Hemorrhage Injury
You need a brain hemorrhage lawyer in Frankfort to fight for maximum compensation for your injury. Depending on your injury, you can recover damages for:
- Lost income
- Current and expected medical costs
- Mobility devices
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
Isaacs & Isaacs can work with experts to calculate your damages and send a demand letter to the insurance company. These experts can also help determine how much your future medical expenses will be and other intricacies with your damages. Once there is a value for your case, we will negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement offer.
For a free legal consultation with a brain hemorrhage lawyer serving Frankfort-KY, call 800-333-9999
Events that Lead to Brain Trauma
Brain hemorrhages and other injuries result from brain trauma from an event. Several traumatic events can lead to these complications, such as:
- Car accidents: These impacts lead to the brain moving around your skull and bruising. Sometimes there is a penetrating injury that causes bleeding and other issues.
- Medical malpractice: Doctors, nurses, and other professionals are supposed to cure your ailments, but if they use unnecessary force or cause you to lose oxygen to your brain, it can bleed.
- Premises liability: Entering a property should not result in a brain bleed, but it often does when the owner leaves hazards unattended.
- Nursing home negligence: People are more susceptible to debilitating injuries as they age. Nursing homes are notorious for falls, abuse, and neglect.
- Construction site injuries: While there are inherent risks of working or being on a construction site, that does not excuse negligence resulting in brain injuries. Anyone entering a worksite must have the proper protective gear to prevent injury and death.
These are the top traumatic events that can lead to brain hemorrhages, but they are not the only ones. You can suffer an injury from any blow to the head or sudden jolt.
Frankfort-KY Brain Hemorrhage Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Causes of Brain Hemorrhage
Before you can get compensation for your injuries, you will need to determine who was at fault for causing the injury and who will pay for your damages. The most common causes include the following:
- Drugs use: Heavy smoking, illicit drug use, and excessive alcohol consumption can lead to brain bleeds.
- Blood clots: When the blood clot travels, it damages the artery and can cause a leak.
- Head trauma: blows to the head that cause brain damage
- Hypertension: High blood pressure causes damage to blood vessel walls resulting in bleeds
- Aneurysm: These conditions happen when the blood vessel walls become weak and swell. The swelling can cause a burst which leads to bleeding.
- Blood vessel abnormalities: Weak blood vessels around the brain can bleed when they suffer trauma.
Brain bleeds cause blood to pool and pressure on the brain until it does not get oxygen. Without oxygen, brain cells die, and this can happen in a matter of three minutes or less. It is vital to move quickly because brain hemorrhage causes permanent damage as time passes.
A hemorrhage will also result in fatality if treatment doesn’t happen in time.
Types of Brain Bleeds
There are various terms to classify brain bleeds, and while it is challenging for you or your family member to decipher them, they can impact your care and legal claim. Hemorrhages are classified by location and severity and are as follows:
- Subdural bleed: Hemorrhages of this type happen between the dura mater and middle membrane.
- Epidural bleed: These bleeds happen between the skull and outer brain membrane.
- Intracerebral bleed: These injuries are all-encompassing and affect any area with brain tissue.
- Intraventricular: These bleeds happen in the brain ventricles, cavities, and areas where cerebrospinal fluid is located.
- Subarachnoid: The innermost membrane and arachnoid membrane are the areas where these bleeds occur.
While unfamiliar with these terms, a Frankfort brain hemorrhage attorney is not. We will also work with medical professionals who treat these injuries and can further help your claim. Medical experts will be called to take statements and having a lawyer who can argue legal jargon is essential to your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Brain Hemorrhage Symptoms
The location and size of a brain hemorrhage will impact how severe the injury is. These factors also affect your symptoms, some manifesting within weeks and others in months. Some symptoms can feel minor initially but will become much worse over time.
They get worse because the blood pool increases and puts more pressure on the brain. Brain hemorrhage symptoms include the following:
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty reading, writing, and concentrating
- Speech impediments
- Loss of vision
- Difficulty swallowing
While these are examples, they do not cover the wide range of symptoms that a brain hemorrhage or injury entails. However, the above list allows you to take the necessary steps to get treated immediately and begin to determine the severity of the injury. There is the possibility that other symptoms can appear, and the longer you wait, the worse the condition gets.
Speak to a Brain Hemorrhage Attorney in Frankfort Today
Isaacs & Isaacs personal Injury Lawyers specialize in brain hemorrhage cases and have garnered $1 million in settlements for these injuries. Our team has 400 years of cumulative experience in personal injury cases.
When you speak to our Frankfort brain hemorrhage lawyer, you get all the knowledge our firm offers. Isaacs & Isaacs offers free case evaluations, so you do not lose when you call our firm. Let us handle the legal intricacies while you focus on healing and adjusting your lifestyle.