Have you or a loved one suffered a concussion accident in the Fort Thomas area? Concussions are a type of traumatic brain injury, and they may have long-term effects. Don’t leave anything to chance after this kind of injury.
If someone else’s negligence caused your accident, you may be entitled to recover damages. Contact a Fort Thomas concussion injuries lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your options.
How a Concussion Injuries Lawyer in Fort Thomas Can Help
Working with a personal injury lawyer comes with several advantages. An attorney can help you file your claim or represent your case in court. Navigating the world of concussion injury cases can be overwhelming.
A lawyer can help you shoulder that burden. Other ways an attorney can support you include:
- Gathering evidence, including witness statements, photographs, and police reports
- Investigating who is responsible for your accident
- Handling negotiations and correspondence
- Answering your questions about the case
For a free legal consultation with a concussion injuries lawyer serving Fort Thomas, call 800-333-9999
Reaching Out to a Lawyer After Your Concussion Injury
Following an accident, you should:
- Get medical attention. Your health and safety are a priority.
- Collect the contact details of any witnesses.
- Take notes and photos of the scene.
Hiring a lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers may also benefit you. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his team can help you win the compensation you deserve.
Fort Thomas Concussion Injuries Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What Compensation Can I Claim?
Every accident is different. The compensation you can claim will depend on the damages you’ve suffered and the impact an injury has had on your life. A concussion injuries lawyer can help you prove your damages.
When filing your claim, an attorney will consider:
- Medical expenses, including present expenses and projected future expenses for ongoing treatment, care, and medication
- Lost earnings
- Reduced earnings capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your personal property
How Long do I Have to Claim?
Kentucky imposes a time limit for personal injury claims.
Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230 sets the statute of limitations for car accidents at two years. For other types of personal injury cases, Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.140(1) states the statute of limitations is one year. What’s more, Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.180 states you have one year from the time of death to file a wrongful death suit.
There are exceptions to these deadlines. Your lawyer can advise you and ensure you file your case on time. But just because you have a year to file does not mean you should wait. Contact a concussion injuries lawyer today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Is the Cost of a Concussion Injuries Attorney in Fort Thomas?
With medical bills and days off from work piling up after an accident, the last thing you want to worry about is paying for a lawyer. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that money can be tight after suffering a concussion. That’s why we work on a contingency basis.
There are no hidden fees, hourly rates, or extra costs. You only pay if we win.
Causes and Symptoms of Concussion Accidents
There are various causes of concussions. Some of the common causes include:
- Vehicle accidents: Motor vehicle collisions can cause sudden, rapid movement of the head, resulting in the brain hitting the skull.
- Slips and falls: Slip and fall accidents make up almost half of all traumatic brain injuries, including concussions.
- Sports: In contact sports, such as boxing or football, injuries to the head are a constant risk.
- Assault: Violent crimes like assault and battery are among the leading causes of TBIs, such as concussions.
Following an accident, concussion symptoms may take hours to appear. If you hit your head in an accident, some symptoms to monitor for include:
- Faintness or dizziness
- Loss of balance
- Blurry vision
- Slurred speech
- Changed sleeping patterns
- Difficulty concentrating
- Short-term memory loss
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury to the head, keep a close eye and tell your doctor about any changes.
Contact a Fort Thomas Concussion Injuries Attorney for Help Today
Concussions are serious injuries. If you or a family member has suffered a concussion injury following an accident, contact a lawyer today to discuss your legal options.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we operate our phone lines 24/7. We want to ensure you have access to legal help — day or night. Call us today to get a free consultation.