If your motorcycle accident occurred in or near Fort Thomas, get help dealing with the aftermath of the crash. A Fort Thomas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can help you obtain the rightful compensation for your injuries and damages.
Motorcycle accident fatalities have become increasingly high due to a lack of protection for motorcyclists. The impact of a motorcycle crash may be catastrophic, posing life-threatening injuries and sometimes death.
About Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
We have obtained $2 billion on behalf of our clients, and our legal team is here to represent you in claiming damages. You can count on us to:
- Be there when you need us. Our lawyers are here for you to ensure that we cater to your needs while you recover from your injuries.
- Offer guidance every step of the way. Our legal team understands the challenges that motorcycle accident victims face during this stressful time. We can help guide you through the process.
- We’ll take care of the paperwork. Our team can work with the local investigators, examine medical records, and review accident reports to reach a clear conclusion on your case.
While you’re not required to hire an attorney, it’s always a good idea. If your injuries require inpatient treatment, cause you to lose wages, or need ongoing treatment, an attorney can progress your claim to help you cover these costs. Advocating for you, they can present a case that proves why compensation is necessary for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Fort Thomas, call 800-333-9999
Fort Thomas, Kentucky: Statute of Limitations
You have a limited time from the date of the accident to make a claim according to the state of law. In Kentucky, in a case of wrongful death, the statute of limitations begins from the date of death and must be filed within two years.
For this reason, it’s important to hire an attorney immediately since a lawyer can only file your claim if they have had time to investigate, prove fault, collect evidence, and understand the full extent of your injuries.
Fort Thomas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What To Do After a Fort Thomas Motorcycle Accident
It’s crucial to take the following steps to increase your chances of recovering a fair settlement:
- Seek immediate medical attention. A diagnosis and treatment help your health as well as your personal claim.
- File a police report. Getting a copy of the police report is crucial in providing information for your lawsuit. You should also call the police department that responded to the accident scene during the process.
- Talk to your insurance provider about the accident. But we would encourage you not to sign any paperwork or accept any money before having your case reviewed by an attorney.
- Hire an experienced lawyer. Find legal counsel that can help you file while protecting your interests.
Click to contact our Fort Thomas Personal Injury Lawyers today
Recoverable Damages in a Motorcycle Accident in Fort Thomas
Damages are the sum of money given to an injured motorcycle accident victim to compensate for their injuries or other losses. When handling a motorcycle accident lawsuit, an attorney can determine the type and value of compensable damages you incurred because of the accident.
A motorcycle crash could lead to more significant financial compensation for losses. It comprises two types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages in Motorcycle Accidents
These are damages that financially compensate an accident victim regardless of whether you suffered injuries or not. They include:
- Loss of earning capacity
- Past and future medical expenses
- Other out-of-pocket losses
Non-economic Damages in Motorcycle Accidents
General or non-economic damages are designed to compensate for the non-monetary consequences of your injuries. They may be challenging to prove, but keeping records may help.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Physical impairment
Victims who have lost their loved ones in a motorcycle accident due to another person’s negligence may be able to claim further damages, including:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Loss of household and personal services
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Motorcycle Safety Tips
According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are at a higher risk of dying in a crash than occupants of the other vehicle. They are also are more likely to suffer injuries in a similar accident.
To be safe, every motorcyclist should apply the following safety measures:
- When riding at night, wear transparent eye protection. Clean your eye protection to prevent any smudges or scratches.
- To be easily noticed by other drivers, turn headlights on even during daylight hours.
- Observe all the traffic rules and ride according to traffic flow. Slow down or change lane positions to maintain a safe following distance.
- Wear the proper gear to avoid severe injuries in case of a crash, including a helmet, boots, gloves, and jacket.
- Become familiar with the motorcycle controls before riding on the roads.
Drivers and bikers are both responsible for sharing the road. But when one becomes negligent, it can cause injuries or even death. If you’ve sustained catastrophic injuries or lost a loved one following a motorcycle accident, our skilled and experienced Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are committed to serving Fort Thomas residents.
Call a Fort Thomas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for Help
We also offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. There are no upfront fees or costs, and we don’t charge unless you get your settlement. Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today to schedule your case review or visit our website to complete a free case evaluation form.
Call or text 800-333-9999 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form