Traumatic epilepsy can lead to permanent disability. In the worst cases, death can occur according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information. This injury can leave you facing mounting medical bills and time away from work.
If you suffered traumatic epilepsy after an accident, you might be entitled to monetary compensation. A Florence traumatic epilepsy lawyer can guide you through the legal process. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his team are standing by to help.
How a Traumatic Epilepsy Lawyer Can Help
Pursuing a lawsuit can be time-consuming, frustrating, and draining, whether you suffered minor or severe injuries. The best way to overcome this burden is by working with an attorney.
Our personal injury lawyers can:
- Provide a free consultation: After you call us, you’ll receive a no-obligation, no-expense case review. You can find out your best legal options without incurring costs.
- Gather evidence: Evidence we may gather when pursuing your case includes accident reports, medical records, surveillance footage, and witness statements. We can also work with other experts to build a strong case.
- Submit paperwork: Our legal team can handle paperwork filling and submission, including notifications, forms, and other documentation you may require during the legal process.
- Negotiate for a settlement: Traumatic epilepsy injuries can change your life. Our attorneys can negotiate for financial compensation to help you tackle the most pressing issues after the accident. We can review your possible damages, including medical expenses, hospitalizations, and emergency service costs, to seek a fair settlement.
- Represent you at trial: Most personal injury claims settle at the negotiation stage according to the Department of Justice, but our lawyers are ready to go to court if necessary. We use the evidence collected to prove to the jury what compensation you deserve following your traumatic epilepsy injury.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic epilepsy lawyer serving Florence, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Traumatic Epilepsy Case
Recovering damages after a traumatic epilepsy injury can help you offset your medical bills and focus on other areas of your life.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we assist victims in recovering:
These are also known as special damages and include out-of-pocket, quantifiable expenses. Special damages reimburse you for the finances you lost after the accident.
One type of economic damage you can receive compensation for is medical expenses. These include:
- Cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and hospital stays
- Pain management, rehabilitation, and physical therapy expenses
- Costs associated with doctor’s appointments
- Expenses related to a nursing home or at-home caretaking
- Prescription medication costs
- Increased living expenses
- Medical transportation, including emergency ambulance services
Following traumatic epilepsy injuries, you may not be able to work for an extended period. Our lawyers can use your pay stubs or letters from your employer to prove how much income you’ve lost.
If the injuries led to a disability preventing you from seeking employment in the future, we can argue on your behalf to demand settlement for lost earning potential.
Non-economic damages address non-quantifiable losses you suffered after a traumatic epilepsy injury. For example, pain and suffering damages compensate you for ongoing physical pain due to your injuries and treatment. You may also be entitled to receive a financial settlement for emotional anguish and mental distress related to the accident, including insomnia, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PSTD).
After a traumatic epilepsy injury, your life may never be the same as before. You can pursue a monetary settlement for reduced life quality if you suffer amputation or other adverse treatments.
Additionally, traumatic epilepsy injuries may hamper you from participating in activities you previously enjoyed. These may include playing a musical instrument, pursuing hobbies, or participating in leisurely activities.
Wrongful Death Damages
If traumatic epilepsy causes the death of a loved one, their surviving relatives can seek compensation for wrongful death damages. A traumatic brain injury lawyer can argue for losses such as funeral and burial expenses, lost financial contributions, and loss of companionship.
Florence Traumatic Epilepsy Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Cost of a Traumatic Epilepsy Attorney
Our law firm’s primary goal is to fight for victim justice. We believe the best way to achieve this is through a contingency-fee basis. We don’t charge any upfront costs or fees. Instead, you only pay us if we win or settle your case.
What to Do After a Traumatic Epilepsy Accident
After a traumatic brain injury incident, victims should follow the necessary steps to build their case and protect their health. Steps to consider include:
Seek Immediate Medical Attention
Your first step should be to get evaluated by a medical professional. An expert can diagnose your injuries and offer a comprehensive treatment plan to put you on the road toward recovery.
As you seek treatment, document all your medical bills and payment receipts. Our attorneys can include this as part of the evidence when pursuing compensation for medical bills.
Physical evidence may include photographs of the scene, witnesses, and law enforcement officer’s reports. This evidence is critical in proving the other party’s fault and securing the compensation you deserve.
Consult an Attorney
Seeking compensation in a traumatic injury claim can be daunting, especially if you’re still recovering. As a victim, you don’t have to go through the claim or lawsuit process alone. A lawyer can help you through this difficult time, giving you peace of mind.
Before starting negotiations with the other involved parties, consult a lawyer for legal insights. Our attorneys can represent your best interests and will listen to your case to find the appropriate legal grounds you should consider.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’re struggling with physical pain and medical bills following traumatic epilepsy injuries, you have a right to seek recoverable damages. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury lawyers, we champion victims’ rights on a contingency-fee basis. Get a free case review today.