Construction sites in or around Florence are equipped with a variety of construction vehicles performing heavy-duty jobs. Backhoes with front loaders and digging buckets carry out demolitions, uproot trees, break up pavement, and dig trenches. Bulldozers use blades and rippers to assist in the processes of pushing, digging, or excavating. Cranes lift and move heavy equipment and construction materials.
These vehicles, among others, each have a specific purpose, but share their large size and awkward maneuverability. These characteristics make them especially dangerous to victims injured in construction vehicle accidents. If you or a loved one is such a victim, consult with a Florence construction vehicle accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs as soon as possible.
Your lawyer will help you secure the compensation you need to support your household.
Injuries Sustained in Construction Vehicle Accidents
Victims of construction vehicle accidents generally experience serious, even catastrophic injuries:
- Limb amputations
- Crushed bones or limbs
- Head trauma
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe back injuries
- Damage to internal organs
The effects of such injuries are felt physically, emotionally, and financially, and demand compensation. To ensure you are given fair compensation to support your future needs, have a construction vehicle accident lawyer in Florence manage your accident claim.
For a free legal consultation with a construction vehicle accidents lawyer serving Florence, call 800-333-9999
Potential Damages You Can Collect from a Construction Vehicle Accident
An experienced Florence construction vehicle accident attorney will review the circumstances of your accident, the extent of your injuries, your prognosis, and all losses sustained because of your injuries to determine the value of your case. Though every settlement is different, most compensation covers and acknowledges
- Medical Expenses: those already incurred and those you will face for future accident-related interventions and care.
- Financial Damages: for days missed at work and, if you are permanently disabled and unable to return to employment, lost future earnings.
- Distress and Suffering: for your physical pain and the emotional trauma created by the accident and subsequent injuries.
- Diminished Quality of Life: serious injuries can bring undesirable life changes, preventing you from enjoying activities, social events, vacations, or basic independence.
- New Expenses: you may need to adjust your living environment to accommodate your needs, pay for childcare or help with household maintenance.
- Death Expenses: if your loved one was killed in a construction vehicle accident, your lawyer can help you pursue and recover end-of-life costs, related medical costs, compensation for your emotional suffering and loss of relationship, and lost income.
Florence Construction Vehicle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
To Collect Compensation, You Must Determine Negligence
To collect a financial settlement, you must determine who is at fault for the accident and prove their negligence caused the accident and your injuries. This determination can be a tricky process for anyone without legal expertise. However, an experienced construction vehicle accident lawyer in Florence will know exactly how to proceed.
There are a variety of causes for construction vehicle accidents:
- Careless vehicle operators who do not follow safety protocols.
- Vehicle operators are not trained according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training standards.
- Vehicle or part malfunctions
- Poorly supervised construction sites
- Failure to inspect vehicles or ensuring they are safe
- Failure to comply with vehicle and construction site safety standards as established by OSHA.
For the last full year of data collection, violations related to powered industrial trucks held ninth place on OSHA’s list of top-ten frequently cited standards.
Parties Potentially Responsible for Construction Vehicle Accidents in Florence
Depending on the cause of your accident, your lawyer may file against:
- Contractors, site supervisors, or employers who failed to train their workers properly or failed to maintain a safe construction zone
- Vehicle operators who acted negligently
- Vehicle or part manufacturers, if vehicles were not equipped with required safety features, labels, warnings, or experienced a malfunction
Property owners, vehicle designers, vehicle inspectors or repairers, or others may also hold culpability.
Through a thorough investigation, your Florence construction vehicle accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs will discover whose negligence ultimately caused your accident and injuries and build a case holding those parties accountable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Florence Construction Vehicle Accident Lawyer Is Your Best Advocate
Construction companies, contractors, and property owners have their own insurance policies and legal representatives to protect them from losing money or paying compensation to victims filing claims against them. Fighting against these skilled teams on your own is challenging to say the least, and certainly not in your best interests.
A skilled construction vehicle attorney in Florence is prepared to handle this fight and will serve as your protector and advocate.
Filing Your Claim
Your lawyer will prepare and submit your claim within Kentucky’s one-year statute of limitations and ensure any additional documentation is completed promptly.
Building Your Case
Your case is only as strong as the evidence, and your lawyer will collect comprehensive evidence to prove the at-fault party’s negligence caused your accident and ensuing injuries.
Negotiating with Insurance Companies and Representatives
Insurance companies do not want those they represent to be found at fault and will go to great lengths, often unethical ones, to deflect or deny that fault.
Kentucky injury laws operate under a pure comparative fault system. This means victims can file against at-fault parties, but the victim’s compensation will be reduced by whatever percentage of fault they hold for the accident. Insurance companies work hard to inflate a victim’s percentage of fault to reduce their payout. Your lawyer will not stand for these tactics and will protect you from unwarranted blame.
Sometimes, insurance companies seek to limit their losses by offering you an inadequate settlement, telling you the offer is the most you can expect. By having your lawyer handle these negotiations and communications, you avoid the risk of being coerced into accepting an amount less than you deserve.
Taking Your Case to Court
If the at-fault parties do not offer you an adequate settlement out of court, your lawyer will present you with your options. Should you decide to take your case before a judge, your Florence construction vehicle accident attorney will represent you at every court proceeding.
Start Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve Today
Visit our contact page today to request a free consultation. Secure legal representation with a Florence construction vehicle attorney from Isaacs & Isaacs, and start working toward financial