Victims of catastrophic injuries suffer life-altering physical and cognitive changes. They also experience substantial financial harm. You may get coverage for damages caused by a catastrophic injury.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can provide an Evansville catastrophic injury lawyer to lead your case. We will handle your legal needs so you can cope with the sudden changes in your life.
Why Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers?
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are the choice for many victims of catastrophic injuries. These victims choose us to lead their cases because:
- We serve the geographical regions where they’ve suffered injuries, including Evansville
- We have recovered $2 billion in settlements for our clients
- Our attorneys have experience with catastrophic injury cases
- We have positive reviews from our former clients
Our team will put your case first, providing the legal service that you deserve. You will get direct access to your attorney. When you have questions or concerns about your case, we will answer them as quickly as possible.
Our client testimonials help explain the Isaacs & Isaacs difference:
- “Isaacs & Isaacs went above and beyond to help. It was a pleasure to have the Isaacs & Isaacs team help me after being hit by a truck as I was walking to the market. They went above and beyond to help with all I want through.” – JoeAnn S., former client
- “John came to our house and went over the legal part of it thoroughly, quickly, but he always made it more about us. I would recommend them to anybody because they’re going to make sure that you’re protected. It just always felt like we were dealing with family instead of a legal process.” – Tammy S., former client
We want every client to get this impression: that we consider them to be family. When catastrophic injuries occur, an entire family is affected. With our team’s commitment to client service, you’ll know that we are fighting for your entire family.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Evansville, call 800-333-9999
Services That Isaacs & Isaacs Provides Victims of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injury cases are a significant undertaking. Our team will handle each step in your case, which may include:
Diagnosing the Cause of Your Catastrophic Injury
Our firm will determine what caused your catastrophic injury (or a loved one’s injury). As we investigate this cause, we will:
- Gather evidence of liability
- Obtain witness accounts
- Keep a thorough record of our investigation
- Identify precisely why your catastrophic injury occurred
Evidence like video footage, police reports, photographs, and workplace records may all be useful. The usefulness of evidence can vary based on the events that caused your catastrophic injury.
Establishing Liability for the Injury
During our investigation, we’ll gain a better understanding of who is liable for your catastrophic injury. Liability often stems from negligent behavior. We may prove that someone was negligent by:
- Showing that they owed you a duty of care
- Showing that they violated their duty of care
- Showing that their violation of duty of care caused your catastrophic injury
- Listing the damages you’ve suffered because of your injury
We may also use other legal standards to prove liability in your case.
Identify and Document Your Damages
Your damages will determine how much compensation you’re entitled to. The Isaacs & Isaacs team will:
- Identify every damages resulting from your catastrophic injury
- Anticipate any damages that may arise in the future (with help from your doctors and other professionals)
- Calculate the value of each individual damage
- Determine the total value of your case
The list of damages in a catastrophic injury case can be unusually long. We will take our time, ensuring that your case accounts for every injury-related loss you’ll experience.
Taking Appropriate Legal Action
Filing a lawsuit is often necessary in a catastrophic injury case. These injuries can take a financial toll far beyond what insurance covers. The Reeve Foundation explains that the cost of a spinal cord injury—one type of catastrophic injury—can easily reach millions of dollars.
Our team will review your case. We will advise the legal course that we believe is most appropriate. The nature of your injury, severity of symptoms, and specific damages will be key factors in our decision.
Negotiating a Settlement
We may negotiate a settlement without having to go to trial. The attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, including Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs, stand our ground when negotiating for our clients. We will not accept any settlement unless you sign off first.
Completing a Trial, if Necessary
Some catastrophic injury cases must go to trial. This may be because there is a significant amount of compensation in play, and liable parties do not want to pay. If we need to take your case to trial, we will.
Evansville Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in Catastrophic Injury Cases
Your recoverable damages may include:
- Medical expenses: Treating a catastrophic injury can quickly deplete a family’s financial resources. You may be facing surgeries, long-term hospitalization, and lifelong medical care.
- Pain and suffering: The psychological and emotional toll of a catastrophic injury must be recognized in your case. Pain of the injuries themselves may also be recoverable. We will also seek coverage for treatment of your pain and suffering. This may include counseling and various medications.
- Lost income: If the person who suffered a catastrophic injury can no longer work, we’ll seek coverage for their lost income—and other professional damages.
- Any other losses that resulted from the liable party’s actions: Property damage, lost quality of life, and in-home medical equipment are just some of the many losses that can result from a catastrophic injury.
You deserve full compensation for losses that someone else has caused.
We Represent Those Who’ve Lost a Loved One
There were approximately 201,000 accidental injury deaths in 2018, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In many cases, catastrophic injuries lead to death—either immediately or eventually.
If your loved one passed away from a catastrophic injury, we will handle your wrongful death claim.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to Discuss Your Case
Don’t wait to hire an Evansville catastrophic injury lawyer from our firm. These cases can take time, and we want to get started as soon as possible. Per IC § 34-11-2-4, you only have two years from the time the injury occurs to pursue legal action. After that, it may be difficult to get compensation.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.