Traumatic epilepsy can lead to severe neurological symptoms, including mental impairment and paralysis. Victims may struggle with post-traumatic stress disorder (PSTD) and behavioral changes. If someone else contributed to your accident, you may be able to pursue compensation.
As a victim, you could recover damages for income loss, medical bills, and emotional anguish. Pursue your case today with the help of an Erlanger traumatic epilepsy lawyer. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his legal team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are here to assist.
How a Traumatic Epilepsy Lawyer Can Help
A personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the legal system with minimal hurdles when pursuing your case. Here’s what you can expect when working with our attorneys:
Help You Comprehend Your Legal Options
Our lawyers listen to your concerns during the initial consultation to understand your situation. We walk you through the legal requirements and explain all steps and the best ways to handle your case.
Update You Throughout the Legal Process
Our lawyers communicate with you throughout the process, giving you updates. While we handle everything to help you concentrate on recovery, we’re available to answer your questions.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers work with you and relevant professionals to prepare the required documents to demonstrate your damages and seek compensation. These include medical bills, proof of income before the accident, and medical records.
Negotiate and Litigate
We have your best interests at heart, and our work is to pursue what is right. Our attorneys understand how to prepare a solid case and launch an effective plan to get you justice.
Our lawyers can negotiate with the involved parties to protect your rights. We consider all details surrounding your case to establish the non-economic and economic damages you are entitled to pursue.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic epilepsy lawyer serving Erlanger, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Traumatic Epilepsy Case
People with traumatic epilepsy may suffer financial losses and other damages, such as emotional anguish and physical pain. At our law firm, we fight for clients’ ability to win settlements for the following damages.
You may be entitled to pursue monetary losses you suffered following the incident. Our lawyers work to prove your case by reviewing financial documents, such as your medical records, receipts, and bills.
Document everything throughout your treatment and recovery following a traumatic epilepsy injury. We use these to prove your damages and losses.
Economic damages may include:
- Hospital stays: You might require hospital stays as you recover from traumatic epilepsy, which can be costly.
- Medical treatment expenses: These may include present and future medical costs you might face due to a traumatic brain injury.
- Lost earning capacity: As an accident victim, your injuries may prevent you from working in your current position or securing employment in the future. You may seek a settlement for the lost earning potential.
Besides financial costs, you may deserve compensation for non-economic damages suffered following an accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Traumatic epilepsy can prevent you from participating in activities you previously loved, including hobbies.
- Loss of consortium: After suffering traumatic epilepsy, you might struggle with marital assistance, companionship, and discomfort.
- Pain and suffering: Treatment and recovery from traumatic epilepsy may involve emotional and physical trauma.
Maintain a journal detailing your daily experiences as you recover from the injury. This allows your lawyer to evaluate the severity of the pain and suffering you endured due to the injuries from the accident.
Erlanger Traumatic Epilepsy Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Cost of a Traumatic Epilepsy Attorney
Our legal team fights for clients’ compensation on a contingency fee basis, allowing victims to access risk-free representation. We provide a free case review and do not charge upfront fees or costs.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits
If you intend to pursue a personal injury lawsuit, you must stick to the required deadline. In Kentucky, victims must file a lawsuit within one year following an injury as stipulated in Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1). If your injury was caused by a car accident, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 gives you two years.
While this timeframe may seem enough, you should consult our law firm as soon as possible to begin an investigation. Starting earlier allows our attorneys to investigate your claim and gather solid evidence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Traumatic Epilepsy Incident
After suffering an injury, the steps you take can impact your ability to recover compensation. We advise that you do the following:
- Photograph visible injuries after the accident
- Take pictures of the scene, including hazards that might have contributed to the incident
- Gather contact and insurance information from any party involved
- Talk to witnesses and get their contact information
- Seek medical attention and document all medical records, including hospital stays, emergency room services, and prescription medication
- File an accident report with the relevant authorities
- Take pictures of property damage following the accident
- Speak to our law firm to start the process of pursuing compensation
Determining Liability in a Traumatic Epilepsy Case
Epilepsy can be a result of a traumatic brain injury. If someone else’s negligence caused that injury, you deserve compensation. Plaintiffs in a personal injury claim must prove negligence to get compensated by showing the following:
- Duty of care: A reasonable person should take appropriate actions to prevent injuries in certain circumstances.
- Breached of the duty of care: Show they violated their duty of care based on their actions.
- Causation: Demonstrate the defendant caused the accident that led to your traumatic epilepsy.
- Damages: You suffered injuries and other quantifiable losses from the incident.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
Following a traumatic epilepsy experience, you might require lifelong medical care. Our legal team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can fight for your legal rights to seek settlement for these damages, and we’re ready to get started on your case. Call us today for a free consultation.