Paralysis changes every aspect of your life. You may require assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or crutches. You may need modifications to your family vehicle to accommodate your condition. You may wonder if you’ll ever return to life as you once knew it.
While financial recovery can’t undo your condition, it can make your financial obligations much easier. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers advocates for injured claimants in your position. A paralysis lawyer serving Erlanger from our team can fight for what you need through a claim or lawsuit. Today, you can explore your options during a free case review.
How Our Legal Team Pursues Compensation in Your Paralysis Injury Case
You deserve this time to focus on yourself––not on building a complicated injury case. During this challenging period, we want you to spend time with loved ones, focus on rebuilding your life, and do things you enjoy. In the meantime, our team can:
Offer Help at No Out-of-Pocket Cost
Retaining legal counsel is arguably the last consideration when you have paralysis. Yet, legal counsel offers an opportunity to examine your case and determine if you can collect restitution from the liable party.
Our personal injury team takes paralysis cases on a contingency-fee basis, where our attorney’s fees come from the funds we get for you. There are no upfront fees or costs to retain our help. You can learn more about this arrangement when you connect with our injury firm.
Holding someone financially accountable is not an easy feat. The burden of proof is high, and the other parties could question your case’s validity. Our lawyers tackle any challenges to your case by using evidence, such as traffic camera footage, the police report, and eyewitness testimony.
To recover compensation, we must show that another party’s actions caused your injury, and their insurer should pay for your losses. This involves demonstrating these four elements:
- Duty of care. Everyone has a basic duty of care to prevent harm from befalling others. For instance, all property owners must keep their premises safe for visitors.
- Breach of duty: When another party fails to act with reasonable caution, they breach their duty of care. For example, consider a property owner with a poorly-secured balcony. They breach their duty of care because that hazard puts others at risk of harm.
- Causation: Then, we must show a link between the other party’s breached duty and your injury. Perhaps the poorly-secured balcony collapsed while you were standing on it, and you suffered spinal cord trauma. We could use various information to support your injury’s cause.
- Damages. Finally, our team must assert that because you suffered paralysis, you have various damages, such as medical bills and other losses.
Proving these elements requires a comprehensive understanding of personal injury law. That’s where we come in. Your lawyer serving Erlanger can assert the other party’s negligence and fight for the outcome you need.
Negotiate a Settlement
Many paralysis claims get resolved through insurance negotiations. Still, this process isn’t as straightforward as it seems. Negotiating with the insurer requires us to present compelling evidence, understand the liable policy, and determine your damages’ value. It also requires us to combat any challenges to your claim, such as allegations of your own fault or negligence.
File a Lawsuit
You might assume that because you suffered serious injuries, your case may require a lawsuit. That’s not necessarily the case. Still, if a lawsuit could yield the compensation you need, we have no problem advocating for you. Filing a lawsuit requires us to exchange information with the other party’s lawyer, establish negligence, and follow courtroom procedure.
We are a full-service law firm that serves victims of paralysis and their families. We aim to make the financial recovery process as stress-free as possible, so you can focus on your health.
For a free legal consultation with a paralysis lawyer serving Erlanger, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in an Erlanger Paralysis Case
Compensation in your case could account for:
- Necessary healthcare expenses
- The cost of hiring in-home assistance
- Lost earnings both now and in the future
- Mental health complications
- Permanent disability
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
You could also recover the cost of out-of-pocket expenses, such as temporary transportation costs or childcare fees.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Compensation Following Paralysis
Pursuing legal action against a liable party must happen within a stipulated timeframe. Here’s what you need to know about the state’s statute of limitations:
- How long you have to file a lawsuit depends on the source of your paralysis.
- You generally have two years to file a car accident lawsuit.
- You typically have one year to file a lawsuit if your injury came from another situation, such as a slip and fall.
Wrongful death lawsuits also come with their own filing deadlines––generally one year from the date of your loved one’s passing. You don’t have to cross out days on your calendar when you partner with us. We manage each of your case’s deadlines and other time-sensitive matters.
Erlanger Paralysis Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What to Do After an Accident in Erlanger
Your next steps after suffering paralysis largely depend on your circumstances, so these are mere recommendations. If possible, to promote your case’s outcome, we suggest that you:
- Follow through with your treatment plan. Many people don’t go to physical therapy as recommended by their doctors. They think: “I’m already paralyzed, what’s the point?” We need documentation of your recovery period to bolster your case. Also, you shouldn’t assume anything about your condition; attending physical therapy could work to restore certain parts of your mobility.
- Leave all insurance matters to your lawyer. The claims adjuster knows you’re in a vulnerable position. They may use your vulnerability to pressure you into accepting a low settlement. By leaving all insurance-related matters to your legal team, you can avoid these tactics.
- Consider your legal options. You don’t have to go through this challenging time alone. Our team has recovered more than $1 billion for injured claimants. In one case we managed, we secured $2.7 million for a car accident claimant who suffered paralysis in his arm.
You can learn about your post-accident considerations during your free case review.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to Learn More
Are you suffering from paralysis after an accident? Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can seek financial recovery from the liable party. We’re tough negotiators with a proven track record of helping clients recover damages.
While you hire us, you get responsive legal representation; we’ll handle your case with utmost professionalism and compassion. Let us handle your legal matters. Call us today to get started.