Being involved in a motorcycle wreck can have a devastating impact on the life of a motorcycle rider or driver. Similarly, the accident often has frustrating, long-term effects on their families; the victims’ lives often change permanently. Suppose you or your loved one get involved in a local motorcycle wreck. In that case, an Erlanger motorcycle accident lawyer can offer you support to get you on course to a quick recovery.
Kentucky Statutes of Limitations
As in other states, all claims for personal injury in Kentucky accidents must adhere to the statute of limitations requirements. “Statute of limitations” refers to the prescribed time limit governing the duration within which you must file such a claim.
If you become involved in an Erlanger motorcycle incident, you must know that the law gives you limited time to file your injury claims. The law may bar you from making such a claim at any time.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Erlanger, call 800-333-9999
File Your Case on Time
Ensure you speak to an experienced attorney immediately after an Erlanger motorcycle wreck. No attorney can successfully file a motorcycle wreck claim unless they get time to sufficiently investigate the incident, collate evidence, prove that someone else is at fault, and internalize the full extent of your motorcycle accident injuries.
The sooner you reach out for help, the sooner the attorneys can get down to work and ensure they file the case on time. We do everything we can to file your claims on an Erlanger motorcycle accident well before the statute of limitations expires.
Erlanger Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Determining Liability for an Erlanger Motorcycle Wreck Incident
There are no shortcuts to determining fault in any motorcycle accident. The only way to do this accurately is to analyze the facts. For example, a motorcycle driver who blatantly violates traffic safety laws can be held liable for the damages and injuries suffered in the accident.
Further, if a driver observed the traffic regulations but (in other ways) acted irresponsibly, the jury could still hold him liable for the accident and damages incurred. This driver may have changed lanes without checking the blind spot, making him responsible.
The jury might declare other motorcycle drivers liable for your motorcycle accident injuries and damages in the following circumstances:
- Steering the motorcycle under the influence of alcohol or drugs (while intoxicated)
- Driving recklessly or aggressively
- Driving while distracted (texting, eating, drinking, or splitting attention between passengers and the road)
- Didn’t yield or adhere to the requirement to keep a safe distance from another vehicle
If you’re involved in an Erlanger motorcycle accident, always ensure you promptly call the law enforcement officers to the accident scene. Keeping this Kentucky law requirement ensures you comply with the law, and the officers named can help determine who’s at fault for the crash.
Compensation You Can Pursue in a Motorcycle Incident
The purpose of awarding compensation in a motorcycle incident is to restore the victim, helping them get their life back after a tragic crash.
You can pursue many types of compensation in an Erlanger motorcycle wreck, including:
- Lost wages: Current and future lost income, medical expenses, and loss of earning power.
- Loss of consortium: You may demand compensation for the loss of emotional, psychological, and physical support in marriage, including companionship and affection.
- Disability: The law prescribes that you qualify to claim compensation if you suffer a disability (like paralysis) following an accident. You can demand payment for nursing care, house renovations, and more.
- Medical expenses: Current medical costs and any future expenses.
- Pain and suffering: You may receive compensation for intangible damages that are difficult to place a specific price value on.
- Wrongful death: This is a claim for compensation following the death of a loved one in the accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What To Do After a Motorcycle Accident
You may be at a loss for what to do following a motorcycle accident.
These steps can guide you in navigating the aftermath of a crash:
- Seek immediate medical attention: Give priority to your health- seek medical assistance immediately after a motorcycle crash.
- Report the crash: Call 9/11 right away. You may alternatively call the local police to the accident scene.
- Information Exchange: Exchange information with the other motorcycle driver. Get their names, contact information, driver’s license numbers, and insurance information.
- Speak Less: Don’t talk about the crash with the other driver. Avoid talking to insurance agents, as they may try to lessen your compensation amount.
- Talk to Your Attorney: Speak to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney right away. It’s the best way to protect your rights and achieve your rightful compensation amount.
We’ve Helped Many Victims Like You
Our team of personal injury law attorneys, paralegals, and supportive experts has earned a notable reputation for excellent service that produces tangible results. For example, we’ve helped many accident victims pursue their rights and have won $1 billion in settlements for our clients. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there are no upfront fees or costs. If you win, we do too.
Call Us Today
Feel free to contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today. We’re on call to arrange a free consultation with you whenever you’re available.